Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 08:13 AM        Boortz preachin the truth once again....
Edit: Just confirming what I have always believed....

WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER?

George Bush wants the people to urge their representatives in congress so support his tax cut plans. Nice idea, but why would it work? After all, most of the people in this country pay little or no federal income taxes at all. We’re talking over 60% of all income earners here. Why would these people care one way or another if the other 40% get to keep more of the money they’re working for?

This, of course, has been the Democrats plan all along. They remember how Ronald Reagan successfully took his case to the American people – and got his tax cut. Democrats can only use your money to buy votes if they’re the ones spending it, so they started working to prevent a repeat of Reagan’s success. The goal was simple; remove the majority of the voters in this country from any federal tax liability. When the majority of people don’t pay taxes the majority of people won’t give a rats posterior about tax cuts. No more of this “going to the people” nonsense.

So … you’re now one of the protected class, protected from any liability for federal taxes. Why should you care one way or the other?

Where do you work? How do you earn your living? How has business been lately? Sales down? Are you concerned that there may be layoffs coming at your employer? So, what would it take to put a big smile on your boss’s face? What would it take to save your job? It might help if someone bought a little more of whatever it is that your company makes, and that brings us to another question. Does your company sell most of its goods or services to government or to the private sector? For most of you, the answer will be the private sector. So, it follows that your company is better off when people in the private sector have money to spend, more money, than it is when the government seizes that money and spends it. It comes down to this question. Which would help your business more? (a) People keeping more of what they earn and spending some of that money on items or services related to your business; or, (b) the government seizing their money and using it for various government programs? If the answer is (a) then you should contact your elected officials and get on board with the tax cut, whether or not you actually pay taxes.

Another reason: So you’re in the middle and lower income brackets and you don’t pay federal income taxes. Is this the dream you have for yourself and your family? Do you want to spend the rest of your days wallowing in the middle and lower income brackets? If you’re like most hard-working Americans you have dreams of second homes, nice vacations, big screen TVs, great colleges for your kids and comfortable retirements. You’re going to do what it takes to get into those upper income brackets. When you get there, do you want to keep that money you’ve worked so hard for? Or do you want to fork about half of it over to government? If you’re planning for your future, if your plan is to move into the higher income brackets, then you need to start working NOW to keep as much of that money as you can. Call your congressman.

Need more reasons? Fine, let me ask you this question. How do your view yourself? Are you an independent and individual American who enjoys freedom and economic liberty? Do you believe our government is getting just a wee bit too large? Try this. Tell me one activity you will engage in today that will be free of some type of federal regulation. Our founding fathers felt that, in times of peace, about 95% of governing should occur at the local lever, with 5% coming from the federal level. The reality of governance today would be a severe disappointment to the men and women who gave so much to protect our freedoms and establish our republican form of government. They felt that you should be as close to your elected officials as possible, the better to keep an eye on what they’re up to. Well, that’s not the way things are today. Almost all governmental decisions are made by bureaucrats in Washington. Your local city councilman can’t pave a sidewalk without federal involvement. In order to bring your government back to your community you have to starve the beast. This means cutting funding to that beltway monstrosity that controls you from afar. Government is like fire. A great friend when controlled, a fearsome enemy when out of control. To fight a fire you remove its fuel. The fuel feeding the raging spreading fire of our federal government is money. Take some of that fuel away. Call your U.S. Senator.

Politicians would like you to think that tax cuts only serve the needs of the evil, greedy rich. Tell them you know better.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:07 AM       
"Edit: Just confirming what I have always believed...."

That just confirms what you look for in information. People who will confirm what you already believe.

It's the hallmark of an idiot.

Old May 6th, 2003, 11:11 AM       
No, moron. I have always believed that cutting taxes is what creates growth. Every time its tried on a grand scale, it works.

MaxiePad, are you mad because people actually agree with the things I believe in? Maybe you should turn on your NPR station and listen to them talk about how socalism will help out society!

You are a joke. Your over 40 years old and you still think like a vapid 18 year old girl. I guess if you are a liberal and over 30 you don't have a brain.

Old May 6th, 2003, 11:13 AM       
Also, you did not argue any of the points, which is per the gold standard with you and your ilk.
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:35 AM       
You cannot be 'per' the 'gold standard' about anything. That's not what 'per' or 'gold standard' mean.

You mean it's 'typical' for me.

You could say it's 'par' for the course, or 'on a par' with other things I think.

You could say it was in line with my 'gold standard' (although even that is very loose use of the phrase.)

I understand what you've always believed. I was commenting on your edit line, and saying that what you like in it is not what you learn but the fact that it confirms wht you already think. I'm saying that exclusively persuing that sort of media for information (and though you gas about NPR constantly I don't see any indication you listen to it) is the hallmark of an idiot.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 12:07 PM       
Multi-billion dollar war ... followed by a tax cut ... makes sense to me. :/

Wherever you go, there you are.

Old May 6th, 2003, 12:07 PM       
I read/listen to the enemy as much as possible. But I'd rather listen to intelligent radio, so NPR is not on my dial.
Old May 6th, 2003, 12:27 PM       
Huh. So.... what DO you do to 'read', 'listen' to the 'enemy'? I mean, beyond what gets selected and quoted in things like Boortz? What left of center media outlet are bookmarked on your computer?

Old May 6th, 2003, 12:34 PM       
bartcop, mediawhores, counter(donkey)punch, rackjite, zmag, Democratic Underground, indymedia, etc.
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:00 PM       
Well, I guess I'm not anywhere near as much of a liberal as you think I am since I don't know what any of those are.

Try mine: The polictical compass points are mine, and you may well disagree.

On the left:
The Nation, The Progressive, Mother Jones, fairness and accuracy in the media,

Less left but still left
NPR, The Boston Globe, The New York Times, The Miami Herald, Christian Science Monitor

Center
CNN, Newsweek, Time

Right of center
Wall Street Journal, Fox news

Way right
Frontpage, Newsmax, and while I haven't bookmarked Boortz yet, rest assured I will.

I'll check out the stuff your talking about and see if it's anything beyond loony tune shit, which many of the titles suggest.

Old May 6th, 2003, 01:03 PM       
Let's cut the chatter and acknowledge that Msnbc is left of center, Fox news is right of center and CNN is straight up anti-American.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:20 PM       
"Multi-billion dollar war ... followed by a tax cut ... makes sense to me." - Kelly

It does if you can comprehend the fact that tax cuts create more wealth for the government.
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:32 PM       
Substitue 'believe THIS tax cut' for 'comprehend' and you might have made a statement Reasonable people on both sides could agree with. Instead you were contemptous.

I don't think Jesus would hve phrased it that way.

Old May 6th, 2003, 10:37 PM       
You bring up Jesus a lot for a guy who laughed when they killed Him.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 01:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
You bring up Jesus a lot for a guy who laughed when they killed Him.
THERE WE GO WITH THE FUCKING TIME TRAVEL AGAIN

Old May 7th, 2003, 08:38 AM       
Yeah, Proto, maybe you should travel back to the time being a D&D geek was cool.

Oh wait... it doesnt exist!
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:58 AM       
YOWZA! That comeback was some serious comedy stylin'.

I'm sorry, Vince, while older than you, I'm nowhere near old enough to have laughed when Jesus died.

I'm a great admirer of Jesus, and think his state sponsored execution by your ancestors was a real tragedy. The Roman opression of the Jews was an unforgivable crime. But you know that since when the soldiers gambled for His clothes, you and Bill Bennet took side bets.

Old May 7th, 2003, 10:33 AM       
Max, I apologize for saying you laughed when Jesus died. You were far too busy drinking Arab children's blood and smearing their bone marrow on your bagles while counting your 30 silver coins.
Old May 7th, 2003, 11:58 AM       
Laughing emoticon.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
"Multi-billion dollar war ... followed by a tax cut ... makes sense to me." - Kelly

It does if you can comprehend the fact that tax cuts create more wealth for the government.
Income: Taxes

Outgo: Budget Items

I'm no economic genius, Ronnie, but if you're spending too much (budget) and not getting anything in (tax cut), the you're not increasing the government's wealth. You might be increasing the wealth of private business with tax cuts which, assuming that these business reinvest in their capital expenditures, create jobs for the "little guy" ... it's called "the trickle down theory" (how appropriate ) ... if you believe in that sort of thing. If the theory worked like it supposed to ... then yeah, you'd make wealth for the country's economy ... NOT the government. If you're a politician who happens to OWN one of those corporations, I suppose a tax cut might increase your ealth and he's part of the government ... whatever.

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:30 PM       
Wait! Wait! Don't tell me, I think I got it! Vince's comment was funny because it was referring to Max Burbank being a Jew...which is what Max Burbank IS! My god! The utter brilliance of it!

It's inspiring. Oh, would that I could strive for such a level of comedy.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 7th, 2003, 05:23 PM       
Um... Vince, here's a little historical fact for you: there were no Arabs like there are today when Jesus was around, and there wouldn't be for another 600 years.