Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:15 PM       
As in GTA2 was a graphical and feature overhaul for the GTA engine, and the same is the case for the new GTA relative to 3.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:20 PM       
Perhaps I need to go back and play them, then.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2008, 10:00 PM       
I miss Claude Speed. He knew bullet time.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 18th, 2008, 10:12 PM       
I miss Tommy Vercetti. I've held out hope since San Andreas that he would somehow make an appearance.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:30 AM       
Apparently every protagonist since GTA3 is dead. There's a mural or something in this game. I haven't seen it myself, but that's the rumor. Not exactly far fetched though.

That was very funny. Well done.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:22 PM       
the mural has el burro 8 ball and luigi i think let me look for it

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:05 PM       
Tommy Vercetti has always been my favorite. Excluding Niko. Tommy was just that badass greasy italian that didn't give a shit. Granted Niko has more substance to his character, though.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Apparently every protagonist since GTA3 is dead. There's a mural or something in this game. I haven't seen it myself, but that's the rumor. Not exactly far fetched though.
I'm pretty sure that's just the graffiti found on some walls in the game. You can find it in the apartment across from your second safe house.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM       
So far my favorite things about the game are watching TV and hitting pedestrians with my car. They really nailed the ragdoll physics :o

Every time I flip my car, though, it starts hipping and hopping and bubbling and stuff, like it's WRITHING IN PAIN. No idea what that's all about.
was never good
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:46 PM       
Also PROTIP: If you turn saturation all the way up in the options, it no longer looks like you're playing the game through a sheen of toilet water.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:52 PM       
I never though it mattered.
was never good
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:57 PM       
The level of immersion in the game really is impressive. I especially appreciate how you can just enter and exit shops without any loading time.

The city also feels impressively alive.

The police seem more capable than before when you're without the means to leave the CRIME ZONE, but are really easy to escape. However, I'm not sure I'd want it any other way. Also, cops seem to be EVERYWHERE.

It would be really nice if more shit would show up on your map, especially hot dog stands and the like. Why they don't - when they're pretty important places - is a mystery to me.

I went to a strip club with my cousin, and a dancer approached me for a PRIVATE SESSION, but when i pressed LB, my cousin got up to leave, and the dancer led me into a room and then just stood there staring blankly at me. I also can't seem to figure out how to use a cab legally after hailing it.

The acting and the animation really are top-notch. The story's excellent, too. While the game in general is cliche and maybe not as innovative, I think it belongs right up there with the best games on metacritic. I also, really, really wish someone would put together a game with this much depth on the Wii, where aiming would be a little less stupid.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:02 AM       
lol to get in a taxi legally just keep pressing the y button instead of just tapping
also i like how if you pay for 3 lap dances you get double teamed awesome

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:03 AM       
lol wii

The cops get called in by pedestrians who witness your crimes. Sometimes you'll hear a "OH MAI GAW!! SEND THE POLICE TO SOUTH BOHAN!!" and then they show up right after that.

To get into a cab that you hail, go over to the back of it and there should be a prompt that says to hold Y to get in the back. If it doesn't show up or if you tap Y, you'll jack the cab.

taco loving zombie
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:11 AM       
even if someone is already in the cab as a passenger it still works
lol watch my video fools
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=uiB3GV5OIXU

was never good
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM       
So I've apparently reached one of those iconic GTA missions that's way too fucking difficult for its own good and has plenty of shitty cutscenes for you to skip every time you repeat it. I'm on 'Three Leaf Clover' - the bank hit - and something fucking stupid happens every time I try to complete it. This last time, we got out of the subway and I had to get a 4 door vehicle. This would be fine, but one of the two NPCs I have to carry through the mission is busy being stuck on a fucking fence and powerwalking in place. After blasting a bunch of cops, the man CAN NOT BE BUDGED and I eventually get shot to death again.

This happens to me in pretty much every GTA game. God damn it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM       
I have no idea why I love Grand Theft Auto so much, none of the games have ever been designed well.

I guess they're more of an "in-spirit" good than a "good" good.
taco loving zombie
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
So I've apparently reached one of those iconic GTA missions that's way too fucking difficult for its own good and has plenty of shitty cutscenes for you to skip every time you repeat it. I'm on 'Three Leaf Clover' - the bank hit - and something fucking stupid happens every time I try to complete it. This last time, we got out of the subway and I had to get a 4 door vehicle. This would be fine, but one of the two NPCs I have to carry through the mission is busy being stuck on a fucking fence and powerwalking in place. After blasting a bunch of cops, the man CAN NOT BE BUDGED and I eventually get shot to death again.

This happens to me in pretty much every GTA game. God damn it.
lol really i thoguht it was pretty easy did you got in the truck just outside the subway entrance or just a 4 door car?
i love the ski mask i use it to make niko look like a boondock saint

was never good
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM       
I think I got in a cab? Either way, the dude was stuck on a fence; My choice of vehicle didn't really play a part.

In the same mission arc but a prior mission, the dude got stuck standing up in the passenger seat, sunken up to his stomach, and wouldn't budge. Also, I was nowhere near the 'mission start' marker and people were already shooting me.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM       
Did you try shooting him off of the fence?
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:20 PM       
So apparently the statue of liberty has a heart?

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
taco loving zombie
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:16 PM       
statue of happines and the awnser is yes

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:07 PM       
I've spent the past 4 days playing on Live and i've had an absolute blast. It's a lot of fun to just fuck around on Free Mode and race on the runways or block off Star Junction with buses.

Also, Fathom you need to get a headset.
The Wolf
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:08 PM       
My dead xbox got sent away todaaaaay so hopefully by the time I return from my next shift it'll be back.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM       
I know, I know. I can't justify it with my small budget I allow myself. Something about planning for college. And I need a new laptop to replace the three I've broken.