Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donkey Lips is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 08:52 PM        Anime is gay
I really hate anime. None of it really sparks my interist. It's all boring, and just about always the same thing over and over again.
I don't understand why somebody would want to make some action flick into a cartoon with (purposly) bad framerate. If you can, explain what you think about anime. I want to find out the PLUSES of stupid and shitty animation.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 08:57 PM       
Shut up. You think you hate anime because everyone else does.

Donkey Lips is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 09:07 PM       
All my friends love anime
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 09:12 PM       
You have no friends
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 09:30 PM       
Anime's charm comes in its style. The detailed animation and the gritty, sometimes choppy "framerate" is part of what makes it enjoyable, like an 80's cult classic horror film. Besides, the more glossed-over anime of recent times (Mononoke, X) really seems shitty to me.

A lot of anime is pretty similar. Anime girls who sound like they're 4 (HOT!), badass guys, possible demons, definite tentacle rape, and sometimes a little gore. But there are plenty of decent things out there.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 09:54 PM       
Anime used to be okay, but then there are all anime faggot nerds that ruined it. James.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 10:44 PM       
I've watched maybe 10 minutes of anime in my life. I didn't get interested in it then, and I have no desire to even try treading in that path now. Or ever.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 10:56 PM       
I liked Pokémon, but that's it.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 11:42 PM       
i liked all th kiddy anime when i was little the only anime i really liked was blue sub 6 ( i think thats what its called...)
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 12:33 AM       
WATCH HELLO KITTY AND YOU'LL CHANGE YOUR MIND
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 02:38 AM       
I KEEP TRYING TO LIK EANIME BUT AT BEST IT GETS A "Eh, that wasn't THAT bad, I guess :/" NAD YOU CAN GUESS HOW IT GETS AT WORST

-willie
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 06:14 AM       
I like those anime's that are in the theatre. That have really detailed drawings but don't make much sense while at the same time making you completely unfulilled by the ending by something taking the release away from whatever plot was painfully developed. But none of that matters because the whole time you are hypnotized from how amazing it looks.
I am talking about the cartoons made by the guy who did "spirited away" and "mononoke".
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 07:07 AM       
Anime is almost entirely made up of shit, but there are a few gems of animation out there if you look hard enough.

I used to be really attracted to that style of animation; it seemed so different and fresh to me once I had gotten used to seeing so much Hannah Barbara, Disney and Looney Toons, but even that has lost it's charm thanks to the internet; it's not quite the same thing once you know that 12 year old girls with Geocities accounts can perfectly replicate Cowboy BeBop.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 07:30 AM       
Bible Black was a thrilling work of anime art. The genitillia looked real and it even has a dick-chick in it!

And some story about the occult or something about Hitler.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 07:56 AM       
Blue Oatmeal just pointed out yet another reason not to watch japanese cartoons.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 10:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor
Anime is almost entirely made up of shit, but there are a few gems of animation out there if you look hard enough.

I used to be really attracted to that style of animation; it seemed so different and fresh to me once I had gotten used to seeing so much Hannah Barbara, Disney and Looney Toons, but even that has lost it's charm thanks to the internet; it's not quite the same thing once you know that 12 year old girls with Geocities accounts can perfectly replicate Cowboy BeBop.
It's not that surprising really, since they have 12 year old girls working in sweatshops reproducing those same images every day.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 11:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOatmeal
Bible Black was a thrilling work of anime art. The genitillia looked real and it even has a dick-chick in it!

And some story about the occult or something about Hitler.
I watched Bible Black once. The vaginas looked like patches of brown grass and the girls were all muscley
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 05:32 PM       
Watch all of these movies:

1. Akira
2. Ninja Scroll
3. All the Patlabour movies
4. Ghost in the Shell
5. The Animatrix

All done? Good, cause that is all our feeble Western minds will be able to appreciate on a higher level. Now get back to watching "real" fucking movies, like Kangaroo Jack, you fat, white, french fry eating, undereducated, soft piece of shit.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 05:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by C:\
Watch all of these movies:

1. Akira
2. Ninja Scroll
3. All the Patlabour movies
4. Ghost in the Shell
5. The Animatrix
1. Overrated.
2. Cool
3. Boring
4. (See #3)
5. Some good, some bad.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 05:49 PM       
Animatrix is kind of a mixed bag :/. Actually, it's like a bag of poop with two jelly beans on top. I thought the only good ones were "Final Flight of the Osiris (sp) and Kid Story was decent. The other ones had absolutly nothing to do with the matrix at all, aside from that Black and White anime with Trinity.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 06:10 PM       
lol @ c

-willie
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 07:04 PM       
I am a big animation fan. I watch all types. Anyone remember Cartoon sushi on MTV?

I do like most anime. I really like it because of the stories and such, but with its popularity growth over the last few years, my enjoyment has died down. I still watch some of the classics (Akira is one of my fav's, but it gets confusing towards the end.) but some of the stuff shown on Cartoon Network pisses me off. SD GUNDAM, WTF IS THAT.

Oh and the reason for the framerate is cuz most animators have about a week and a small budget to make each episode, so they have to cut corners.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 07:22 PM       
anime is not a genre, it's a medium, stupids.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 07:26 PM       
Cartoon Sushi was a neat show. I always liked the cartoons about the old lady and that Hindu man. It reminded me of Liquid Television. Why must Mtv suck some much cock now.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 07:27 PM       
Anime means cartoon in japanese, you jerks.

So basically, anime is just japanese cartoons