Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:59 PM       
raize I think there might be some other trivial matters that would stand in the way of an one-world goverment, even if John hadn't put that in. Like the possibility of total war.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:37 PM       
I hate humans.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
AngPur is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinxtk
I hate humans.
Are we a furry or a gothic vampire?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2005, 03:21 PM       
Quote:
It offends my eyes too much; and whether at Court or in town, I behold nothing but what provokes my spleen. I become quite melancholy and deeply grieved to see men behave to each other as they do. Everywhere I find nothing but base flattery, injustice, self-interest, deceit, roguery. I cannot bear it any longer; I am furious; and my intention is to break with all mankind.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2005, 05:04 PM       
Quote:
The petition gives seven reasons why the program's elimination is needed, one of them being that "the International Baccalaureate rejects the Judeo-Christian values held by the majority of families in our district and instead promotes the atheistic Secular Humanist principles of multiculturalism, pacifism, one-world government, and moral relativism."

Motive or agenda aside, why are school districts so dead set on promoting education that reflects only local values? I mean, I know that they pay the taxes for local schools but shouldn't their interests be that the student receive a universal, well-rounded education that promotes critical analysis? How can you compete with your world counter-parts when you don't even know them?

Wherever you go, there you are.

dreaddi is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:56 AM       
OAO is very right. THe IB teaches multiculturalism in a way that is too accepting. This is the same sort of set of mind that causes problems like forced marriage and the discriminating way women are being treated by their families and other people from their country when they come to live in a western country (discriminating still being a severe understatement of what is really going on). Noone realizes this, or at least chooses not to look when it is going on in front of their very eyes, and I think this is to a great part due to the overly accepting attitude of the EU towards immigrants and subsequent multiculturalism.
I don't know what it's like in the US... but I imagine it to be just as serious a problem in the other European countries as it is here.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 11:37 AM       
So how should they teach it, Dreaddi?

Class, turn to chapter 3. Billy, I'd like you to read from Section 1: On the Evils of Multicultarlism, please.

Don't forget Friday we'll have a quiz on the moral failings of Islam.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:14 PM       
What is it with people and thinking that kids are utterly retarded robots? Well, I guess that is the fault of the school, but besides that, kids really do think about what they're learning. I imagine the kids who are intelligent and dedicated enough to enroll in the IB at all probably have the critical reasoning facilities to see the faults in some of the things that are being taught.

And about the forced marriage thing: Try asking an Indian woman if she feels oppressed because of it. My sociology teacher was a woman who immigrated from India, and she said that very few people argue with forced marriage over there because it just works for the society, because they don't marry for the same reasons we in the West do. We marry for love (which was an utterly foreign concept to her), they marry for economic stability.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:40 PM       
Actually, a lot of Indians, especially the younger generation, have a problem with forced marriage. And I don't think it's a western influence thing, their culture is relatively hermetic, at least towards countries outside of Asia.

Your point stands, though. You can't look at a culture from the outside and pass judgement on it with your own customs as reference point.
AngPur is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
Actually, a lot of Indians, especially the younger generation, have a problem with forced marriage. And I don't think it's a western influence thing, their culture is relatively hermetic, at least towards countries outside of Asia.
It still has a lower rate of divorce though. So I recommend that in order to save the judeo-christian institute of marriage from the homo invasion, it become a matter of arranged marriages.

See how a multicultural solution can help with moral domestic problmes?
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2005, 07:18 PM       
Quote:
This is precisely why I was glad I was able to travel to parts of Europe and Asia while in the military. I know a lot of people who have never left my state and are human clay to these kinds of idiots. Friggin' fascist "these colors don't run", Toby Keith listening to mullets.
Indeed, kellychaos, indeed. I finally broke my state chain in 2002 and have felt better than I ever have. Odd how the 'greatest nation in the world' doesn't really see the need in searching over countries. Oh wait, we're all fucking retarded, that's why.

Quote:
I mean, I know that they pay the taxes for local schools but shouldn't their interests be that the student receive a universal, well-rounded education that promotes critical analysis? How can you compete with your world counter-parts when you don't even know them?
Probably because that so-called Critical Thinking would make the parents feel inferior and instead of actually trying to learn something, would instead try to gain superiority within the realm of religion. In fact, this whole creationism bullshit is the Baby Boomers screaming about how they don't know has much as their kids know now and feel the need to somehow rejustify their existence now that they're all headed into senileville. Your mileage may vary, however.