Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 31st, 2005, 11:45 AM        Chenney sees "Noose Tightening" on Iraq Insurgency
Let's see, now...

First, they would greet us with open arms and flowers.

Then it was "Mission Accomplished"

Next, things would settle down as soon as a provisional government was established.

Then we would get a handle once we broke the back of the resistance in Fallujah.

After that proved wrong, we figured once we handed over authority to the Provisional Government it would be smooth sailing.

Okay, sure, but when elections hppen my friend, then we'll see some progress.

Allright, fine, but when there's a parliament in place? Then for sure.

Okay. We've been a hundred percent wrong on all those fronts and actually the insurgency gets stromnger and more organized all the time. But hey, NOW we've got it all figured out.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The insurgency in Iraq is "in the last throes," Vice President Dick Cheney says, and he predicts that the fighting will end before the Bush administration leaves office.

In a wide-ranging interview Monday on CNN's "Larry King Live," Cheney cited the recent push by Iraqi forces to crack down on insurgent activity in Baghdad and reports that the most-wanted terrorist leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, had been wounded.

The vice president said he expected the war would end during President Bush's second term, which ends in 2009.

"I think we may well have some kind of presence there over a period of time," Cheney said. "The level of activity that we see today from a military standpoint, I think, will clearly decline. I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency."

'Cause Zarkawi see, he's the whole problem. Saddam? We were wrong there, we thought he was the whole problem, but apparently not. Sarkawi though, we got him, so it's all over. Well, we don't have him, he's wounded. We think. That's the same thing, right? And thank God, becuase without him, the insurgency is basically over. This time for sure. Even though we've been wrong every other time.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2005, 12:18 PM        Never satisfied...
See that's the problem with you people. You'll complain about anything. You hippy liberals are always "half empty" instead of "half full".

Instead of bitching about everything, you should be celebrating the fact that after two plus years of voilence with no end in sight, Cheney is FINALLY able to pin down a date of when the war that ended a year and a half ago will finally be over.

Thank god.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 01:21 PM        By the way....
I think I might find Bush's brush off of the Gitmo Report as "absurd" even more offensive then Chenney's statements. Dick ws just politicking and making a soundbite for the boss. "Oh don't you worry, George will have it all fixed before he leaves office!". No big deal, everyone knows it's bullshit anyway.

It's far more sinister to hear the President lack any type of remorse, sincerity, or concern with the fact that for the 100th time in two years a relatively well respected commission has suggested that what's happening at Gitmo is wrong.

I mean after all, "they hate freedom"! Hell, you'd think they'd be happy being locked up in a prison camp then.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 04:24 PM       
BAGHDAD, Iraq, AP wire - Iraqi civilian deaths in May from the insurgency increased nearly a third from the previous month, a Health Ministry official said Wednesday.

WASHINGTON, USA, CNN - The insurgency in Iraq is "in the last throes," Vice President Dick Cheney says

See, now, that's a key sign of something in it's last throes, is the way it gets stronger. Increased vitality is one of the leading indicators of something about to die.
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:20 PM       
LA TIMES - U.S. officials and Iraqi analysts say the insurgents' resources are increasing on several fronts: money to buy vehicles and explosives, expertise in wiring car and human bombs and intelligence leaks that help them target U.S. and Iraqi forces.

WASHINGTON, USA, CNN - The insurgency in Iraq is "in the last throes," Vice President Dick Cheney says