Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 04:43 PM        New orleans victims being cheated out of money
New orleans victims being cheated out of money by dirty crackheads. This call center from the article I'll try to post is where my girlfriend works, I'm supposed to get a job there soon. They hired a shitload of ghetto people and crackheads to work for them. They've been stealing money. This one guy who stole money wrote the account number down wrong and tried to cash it here, in california. They got suspicious after the wrong account number.
Ghetto ass people here threaten supervisors and try to fight them all the time. It's insane. The fbi is there and everything. they are horribly strict too. EVerything about it has been ridiculous since we've tried to get jobs there. They changed the schedules like five times before we were even hired but after we were promised other schedules. it went from m-f 3-11 to w-sunday 12-8, then to 5-1 w-s after she decided to stop working there... i hate them.
Her brother works theretoo, and during an orientation where a bunch of ghetto people were yelling and arguing, they asked everyone to write down a question and pass it to the front. He wrote, "Do yo ulike pickles?" and she got all pissed off and asked if, "It's sexual or something" and marched out of the room and had the buff black guy yell at them.
this is the biggest republican state in california.

http://www.kget.com/news/local/story...9-558471D33296

National call center becomes a headache
Video
Posted 10/04/05
BAKERSFIELD - The National Red Cross call center has become a headache ever since it set up shop, in Bakersfield according to the local Red Cross.

The ACS building on 34th street is busy night and day with nearly two-thousand employees taking calls and trying to help hurricane victims.

But according to the FBI some of them got greedy. Eight people working for the call center were arrested, and the Red Cross is trying to deal with the problem.

People from the devastated regions struck by Hurricane Katrina, or Rita can call a number and it comes through Bakersfield, where employees can help them financially.

But according to the FBI some employees committed fraud and had some of that money sent to friends, maybe even family here in Bakersfield.

Richard Temple with the local chapter of the Red Cross said he is disappointed but is glad the authorities made the arrests.

But states that he's not exactly sure how the money was wrongly distributed.

“If it's verified and that type of thing as far as I know then they wire money to that location where it is,” he said.

“Some people can call here from Bakersfield and whether somebody set that up, I don't know what happened,” Temple said.

He hopes this rare incident won't affect the giving spirit of the Kern County community. Ninety-seven cents of every dollar goes to the people who need it according to Temple.

Employees actually work for the Spherion Company, which was contracted by the National Red Cross.

Its Chicago headquarters said it's reprehensible that any person could have possibly taken advantage of this terrible disaster.

The company is assisting the authorities in their investigation.

The National Red Cross states that it’s unfortunate this happened, and that those arrested will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 06:04 PM       
Have any ofyou heard about how bush has been saying that the victims of Katrina will be helped by the red cross(and later fema)? EVerybody would get 2,000 dollars? that's a lie! the most they give out is 1,506 dollars and that's only if you have five people living in one house. Also, the red cross only gives out money to people who's houses were COMPLETELY RUINED. They get calls from people with broken shingles(Some of whom are fucking Doctors) trying to collect money.
I guess the same story goes for fema, they refuse people all the time. They even refuse people who deserve it.. this one lady put down her PO Box as a secondary address and they denied her from receiving funds because the po box wasn't on her housing history.
She explained to them that her whole family can't live in a pobox and they told her she'll have to goto court and appeal it. They are fucking people left and right like that. Bush and fema are a piece of shit.