Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 05:18 AM        NEW ROM HACK REVIEW: "TRAN TRAMPS: THE FAMILY JEWELS!"
Dr. Boogie's latest rom hack review is here. This time around, it's another hack by the Notorious J... as in "Jomb". He's taken rom hacking to new levels this time. Not only hacking the game and the music... he hacked the entire printed manual too (which I took the liberty to put in an online gallery so you can flip through it after you read the article). So if you haven't had your fill if pixelated penii lately, this article is just what the doctor ordered.

NEW ROM HACK REVIEW: "TRAN TRAMPS: THE FAMILY JEWELS!" -by Dr. Boogie
http://www.i-mockery.com/romhacks/tran-tramps

Enjoy!
JohnBoy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 10:29 AM       
Looks like this review just got green lit on Fark.com.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM       
that's a funny rom but there's a problem ive seen it says that prick guy isn't a transsexual when she/he said he had had a sex change from a woman to be a man and now wants to get a sex change back to a woman ;/
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 08:03 PM       
Prick isn't a she-male however you slice it (pun intended)

The recurring character from Little Remo is a species of villain known as the Jizz Muppets.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 08:35 AM       
The reviews are in:
"That was [...] disgusting!" - NY Times
"Kind of a turn on" - GLAM

But seriously, thanks for the, uh, eye-opening review Dr. Boogie. And of course, thank you Jomb.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 01:54 PM       
Transsexual doesn't mean she-male, stupid.

transsexual means you change sexes. Hence, TRANS like TRANSPORT sex as in SEX as in CHANGING OR MOVING SEX.
Women can change sexes to men, and that would make them a transsexual...
from what i recall that character had had a sexchange from a woman into a man...

anyway it's fine just leave the mistake i just thought it looked kind of stupid.
Evil ROMhacker
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 05:58 PM       
Is prick still a trans-sexual? She went from female to male, but then went back to female. I guess it depends on what point in time you a speaking about..... But yes, though not a she-male, he/she/it was a tranny.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 01:45 PM       
I love your hacks.

Please keep them cumming.
Googie Toons Creator
Googie is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:14 AM       
Hehehe, Jomb's hacks always make me laugh! Jomb is one the very few people who represent the dark side of ROM hacking. I'm sure to get a chuckle when I play this in a few minutes.
Evil ROMhacker
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:24 AM       
After my hacks get released here, I release them myself on ACMLM board. Most of the people there are incredibly square and have no sense of humor what-so-ever. It brings me great pleasure to get a rise out of them. Obviously Googie is an exception to this.

check it out here:
http://acmlm.no-ip.org/board/thread.php?id=1105

Some bitch got so upset that the thread releasing Tran Tramps was getting far more views than most of the other ROM hack releases there that he threw a little tantrum and moved it to "The Landfill". Priceless. This one was actually pretty tame though, when I released The Lone Rapist there I was practically getting death threats over it
Let's play Hardball!
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:07 PM       
God that's awesome. I've always wanted to make a fucked up hack of SMW and put it into a cartridge and sell it to a thrift store for some unsuspecting parent to find.
Googie Toons Creator
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:13 PM       
Hee hee thanks Jomb. I remember when I got heat for releasing my Nemo hack, and mind you Jomb your Nemo hack topped mine in a landslide. If you wanna look at what they said about my Nemo hack go here. This was back in 2004 when I first started ROM Hacking.

But if anyone's curious about the response of Jomb's other releases you can go here and here.

Trust me Jomb, when I released my Astyanax hack last year, I got alotta hate mail, and only three positive mail about my hack. I mostly got heat cause of my storyline, people found it stupid. And people to this day find my level designs stupid cause they are hard as fuck. But that doesn't stop me from hacking.

Keep the humor coming man, I can't wait to see what's in store from you next. It'll be funny to see you make a hack going after some ROM hackers in the community.
Evil ROMhacker
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:26 PM       
Seven Force - Do you know how to put ROMs back onto cartridges? I dont know how to do that, but somebody put Pussy City Pimps onto cartridge. I have a suspicion that at some point in the future Tran Tramps will appear on the black market in a cartridge. Hell, it's already got the box art made for it!

Googie - Kick ass! I thought those threads were long gone! My favorite release for any of my hacks has got to be that Lone Rapist release on ACMLM. I felt like GG Allin.
I did'nt know you also had a Little Nemo hack. By any chance is it Lil Stoner? (the link you gave strangely never mentions the name of the hack) Most of the people on ACMLM will automatically hate your hack if it's not G-rated and French-kissing Walt Disney's ass.
I got another completed hack in the bag, it's an epic. I'm also working on a very big hacking project right now but it's going to be a long ways off.
Googie Toons Creator
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:12 AM       
These sites puts translations/hacks into an NES cartridge they are...

Nes Productions and Game Productions. The prices are pretty affordable too, I'd love to see one of my hacks on a cart.

Oh shyeah, The Nemo hack I made back in 2004 was called Pimpin Extasy. It's more like a New York street story with a touch of ghetto in the mix. There was an e-mail I got last summer from someone that requested it, since they couldn't find it on my old Geo Cities site. You can find my Nemo hack on my site.

I'm pretty confident you'll like the Nemo hack.
One thing for sure, you hack games that aren't touched at all, I can only imagine of you woulda hacked SMB3.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:30 AM       
It'll never get reviewed now that you've mentioned it on the boards. Its seriously a rule that they ahve to be a suprise.
Evil ROMhacker
Old May 10th, 2007, 02:08 AM       
Googie - I'll check out your Nemo hack sometime in the next few days. I never even knew it existed!
I try to avoid games which already have lots of hacked versions. I want my hack to be the 1st one that comes to mind on any game I hack

Supafly - were you talking to me or Googie? I'd think it would be obvious that I'm working on various hacks, seeing as I've already released 4 of them. It will never be a surprise that I've made a hack.... The specifics of the hack is where the surprise lies. But anyway, although I'm sure its a rule of thumb that I-mockery prefers to release hacks which are completely surprises, the facts are that I had released Pussy City Pimps about 4 years before they reviewed it, and due to a miscommunication I had actually released Little Remo on my own about 6 weeks before it got reviewed.
Let's play Hardball!
Old May 10th, 2007, 03:35 AM       
I remember reading about some way to do it, and I imagine it wouldn't be impossible, since you can dump info straight from the rom itself. I'll give you the link when I find it.

Edit: For the SNES
Evil ROMhacker
Old May 11th, 2007, 03:09 AM       
I started with Pimpin Extasy. Did you change the whole thing up to the ending? I just beat the 2nd dream. It reminds me of an odd cross between Little Nemo and Grand Theft San Andreas! What this hack needs is a major graphical overhaul, its discomfitting to see Nemo talking like a straight G, and have all the gang bangers look like animals and monsters. Oompi faking his death was a nice touch....

This is a very low profile hack, when I was working on Little Remo I searched for other Nemo hacks to make sure there were'nt too many of them, and all I found was Lil Stoner, which has very little changed in it as far as I can tell. I probably missed the release of this hack because I was'nt allowed back into regular society again until 2005.

Alright then, back to pushing drugs on frogs and bees then sleeping off my high
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old May 13th, 2007, 02:57 AM       
Are you a clown?
Evil ROMhacker
Old May 13th, 2007, 03:47 AM       
I'm the clown prince of the menthol trailer court. (obscure music reference)