Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 08:49 PM        Pet Bear Eats Woman
http://news.aol.com/article/pet-bear-kills-kelly-ann-walz-in-ross/703020?icid=main|aimzones|dl1|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fn ews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fpet-bear-kills-kelly-ann-walz-in-ross%2F703020

Need I really say anything?
Escape will make me god.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 08:57 PM       
i feel bad for the bear

see this all relates to my capital punishment argument that poor bear was shot because it was forced to live in a tiny cage and probably got claustraphobia and went insane and he tried to escape but he needed food for the journey.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 09:35 PM       
This happened less than 30 miles from my place of business.

The authorities (animal control) inspected her place, which also housed an African Lion and a Bengal Tiger - and found no violations. WTF? I want what they were smoking!

Kahl is right, I'm sorry for the bear in this situation. The woman was full on nutso.
You may already be there.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 10:47 AM       
Yeah. Poor bear. And lion and tiger if they were there too.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 10:54 AM       
The lion and tiger, I hope will be remanded to the authorities, and will eventually be housed in a public zoological society. At least that's what I hope. However, as they were being kept as PETS (wtf was this idiot thinking) they may not have the necessary social imperatives to be able to function with others of their kind.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:05 AM       
Assholes. I loathe people like this.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:12 AM       
lion and tiger and bear? OH MY
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM       
"What're you doin bear?"

I feel bad for the bear too. S/He should have had at least a chance to talk to an attorney before getting shot.

Judge in court: "How does the defense plead?"

Defense attorney: "My client pleads not guilty on account of being a bear your honor."
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM       
Not about the same incident but I think its relevant.

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM       
We were at the Henry Vilas Zoo in Madison a couple of years ago...it's a free zoo, sort of small. Anyway, there was this polar bear and it was on a platform separated from the humans by a 6 or 8 foot trench...can't remember the exact size but it didn't look entirely adequate. And the bear was acting weird- it was pacing rapidly back and forth, looking at us, looking at the trench, pacing some more. It looked like my cats do when they're trying to decide if they can make a jump or not.

Operating strictly on instinct, I suggested we get out of there. And later I found out that there had been some sort of attack there sometime in the past.

Anyway, here's the bear.

http://www.channel3000.com/entertain...36/detail.html

I think humans really underestimate big animals. They're just not pets.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 05:48 PM       
Quote:
The authorities (animal control) inspected her place, which also housed an African Lion and a Bengal Tiger - and found no violations. WTF? I want what they were smoking!
Usually animal control is the last agency in line issuing permits for these types of animals. First would be State Fish and Game, then USDA, finally Health Dept. Since most of these are required by the state they are usually more restrictive than local county/city animal control laws. If animal control issues a wild animal permit the first three agencys must have approved the owner first and inspections will have to be current. Then the ispection is based on what the local city/county laws are for that type of animal. So the WTF should apply to several agencys not just animal control.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post

Anyway, here's the bear.

http://www.channel3000.com/entertain...36/detail.html
(But Henry Vilas Zoo officials said Nanuq must go to a zoo in Buffalo, N.Y., to mate with a female as part of a nationwide captive breeding program.)

I think humans really underestimate big animals. They're just not pets.
YAY! I got a new bear and didn't even realize it.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
lion and tiger and bear? OH MY
hahahahahaha
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 05:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_squared View Post
Usually animal control is the last agency in line issuing permits for these types of animals. First would be State Fish and Game, then USDA, finally Health Dept. Since most of these are required by the state they are usually more restrictive than local county/city animal control laws. If animal control issues a wild animal permit the first three agencys must have approved the owner first and inspections will have to be current. Then the ispection is based on what the local city/county laws are for that type of animal. So the WTF should apply to several agencys not just animal control.
I was wrong, B^2 - it was the State Game Board who issued the permit. I had figured that permitting would require some agency within the State Gov. but assumed it would be through animal control, or something like it.

So I apologize for any inaccuracy, real or implied in my statement. Still, as a concerned PA resident, WTF were they thinking?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 09:03 AM       
YEAH PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXOTIC PETS DESERVE TO DIE

you people are idiots
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 09:16 AM       
Yes. Yes they should.
Salticidae!
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM       
It's cool C. Flagg. I was just venting job related baggage. Since animal control is my job it kinda ticks me off when people blame us for another agencys mistake. Sorry about that.
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM       
So what is it you guys actually do if you dont do this? Aside from drowning stray puppies that is.
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM       
Oh and not so much that they deserve to die. Just dont be fucking shocked when the tiger you thought would make a kick ass pet decides to maul and eat your ass.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM       
The law of the jungle has already found the owner guilty, punishable by death. We humans with our courts and books need not interfere further.
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 11:14 AM       
They should make the only way to acquire an exotic pet license to beat the animal in arena combat. They could put it on TV with commercials and everything.
Salticidae!
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 01:16 PM       
That right Dimnos I qualified for my job by having a resume filled with puppy drowning experience and rounded it out with cat skinning. :eyeroll
My post said I issue permits for wild animals only after the owner has been approved by the other three agencys first. No approvial then the animal is impounded and removed from the property. The animal will then be released to an owner/ agency qualified via permits to keep such animals.
Fish and Game here in California do not issue permits to people for the purpose of keeping wild animals as pets. Usually in order to qualify to get a permit they have to keep the animals for the purpose of wildlife education, conservation of species, or as a wildlife rescue. Some excemptions are made for animals in circus and animals used for movies. Rescue is mainly wild animals formally kept as pets, which were impounded because improper care or failure to secure permits to keep such animals.
Salticidae!
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM       
Here are a couple of photos of film sets where wild animals were used. I was on set doing my job to make sure that the conditions of the permit requirements were being followed.

Elephant was for an Obama campain ad:

And lastly here is and impound of a Rhesus Macque I took from a home because they did not have the proper permits by any of the state agencys or my dept. The poor guy was kept in inadequate housing, tied on a dog leash and fed a diet of tortillas and bananas. This animal was going to be kept as a pet. He is now with a monkey sancuary licensed with proper permits and kept not as a pet but as a wild animal with others of his kind. He will probally never be able to be released back to the wild.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 03:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
They should make the only way to acquire an exotic pet license to beat the animal in arena combat. They could put it on TV with commercials and everything.
I would DVR that shit. But only if the animals had the advantage, no weapons for the human except maybe a rock or something.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 03:19 PM       
I'm glad you saved that monkey, b to the power of 2