Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Virgin
alittlebirdytoldmeso is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM       
I remember rewatching this when I was in High School after seeing it as a kid and my best friend and I couldn't stop laughing our asses off about the whole tight tights thing. I tried to get my 6-year-old cousin to watch this and he practically died of boredom, though. What the hell is with the Pokemon generation?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
well i guess i was just focusing on other things
Like that river in Egypt.

Crazy Cat Lady
GingerGrrl22 is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper View Post
Nifty fact - There's a manga out called "Return to Labyrinth" that continues Toby's adventures after he's hit high school and gets pulled back into the world by Jareth.

Scary fact - They originally wanted Michael Jackson for Jareth.
Sadly, the manga isn't anywhere near as good (story wise AND drawing wise) as the original movie. I've written better fan-fiction (yes, I was one of those people back in high school). Pretty covers though.

Also, Sting and Mick Jagger were considered for the roles of Jareth (I think Sting would've been an interesting choice; he seems like the type who could also pull off a ruffly shirt and still be sexy).
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Like that river in Egypt.
man exceuse me for autocensoring things out of my perception
Master of Awesome Sauce!
Kirbykid is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:10 AM       
just got this again recently on DVD, hadn't watched it yet. I was too young to notice Bowie's package, so I KNOW I'm gonna end up seeing it when I see the movie again... Thanks Guys...
Fish-Waffle
Burn is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2008, 11:37 AM       
Don't bother with the manga "sequel," I flipped through it the last time I was at Barns & Noble - just terrible. However there is a Dark Crystal manga that's a prequel to the film and not too shabby from the looks of it.
Forum Virgin
The Goblin King is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM       
I think it's obvious I love this movie, It always warms my heart to see it get a bit of love (None of my friend's are fans of the movie, I'm always arguing with one that David Bowie is better than Batman).

I have actions figures of Jareth, one of them talks and it amuses me to no end.
Ultimate Buzzkill
Marthaeus Autolykos is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM       
Oh, I always loved how the puppets talked directly to his crotch at one point. This was one of the many movies playing in the background as my parents and their friends played AD&D when I was a kid.
It's also amusing to me that as many conversations come up about this (including one about this yesterday I had in a coffee shop with some people) that people seem to forget that stuffing was rather commonplace among tights-wearing rock stars. Don't simply jump to conclusions...