Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 11:30 PM        Lame ads
when i see an ad on tv i change channels but online they make you watch them to keep it free the ones i hate now are
"verizon wireless can you hear me now guy" ads
"honda element and friends"
i understand the need for ads but i hate that most ads are really lame why not put up some, like the coke gta spoof ad.

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 01:38 AM       
I'd rather share good ads instead of reliving ones I hate
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 01:58 AM       
I can understand Tadao's point but there is one ad I hate so much that I want to share the pain with others... and it's some car company commercial that starts out by saying "Did we wait to storm the beaches of Normandy?"
NO BUT WE SURE WAITED TO GET IN THAT WAR DIDN'T WE FUCKERS?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 02:22 AM       
Bad commercials exponentially outweigh the good ones.

The best commercial I've seen in recent memory was one I've seen only on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlczxXqez-Y

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 03:35 AM       
Haha, that is a great ad. :D

I was expecting it to be one of those don't play on the tracks PSAs where the kids get splattered.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM       
I love this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5YMVO7-8ns
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 10:19 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJUBFkVrk9s
Because those seat belts are killer these days.
Give Me Black Summer.
Dommin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 10:33 PM       
Needs More Holiday Hawk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d0rQnVIOvA
Where The Black Planets Roll Without Aim,
Where They Roll In Their Horror Unheeded, Without Knowledge Of Lustre Or Name.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 10:46 PM       
I can't stand Whataburger commercials. The "grizzled old timer" doing the narration is in every commercial and is annoying as fuck, especially when he says words like "jalepenYUZZ". Fuck you Whataburger guy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiSqE...eature=related
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 01:11 AM       
What's even worse than those are the Hardee's commercials. They act like gluttony is WHAT BEING A GUY IS ALL ABOUT.

That was very funny. Well done.
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 07:45 PM       
I think it's funny how no one in the part of Texas I live or ever have lived in talks like him, but they still have those lame ads.
Seriously, I hear more people trying to talk jive than country, hick drawl. Kinda sad.

Last edited by Dr. Octogonopus : Apr 15th, 2008 at 08:49 PM.
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octogonopus View Post
I think it's funny how no one in the part of Texas I live or ever have lived in talks like him, but they still have those lame ads.
Seriously, I hear more people trying to talk jive than country, hick drawl. Kinda sad.
I concur.

Also, the Snickers FEAST commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt9xrsRyvOk
GET OUT
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM       
I actually kind of like the one where they sing "Greensleeves"
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 11:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I can't stand Whataburger commercials. The "grizzled old timer" doing the narration is in every commercial and is annoying as fuck, especially when he says words like "jalepenYUZZ". Fuck you Whataburger guy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiSqE...eature=related
I've never heard of Whataburger let alone have ever seen those commercials but I'll be damned if that burger doesn't look delicious :o

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 01:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asila View Post
I actually kind of like the one where they sing "Greensleeves"
Man, nothing breaks the ice in a Yuletide academic discussion about the historical origins of that melody concluded with an off-handed remark about making an elegy to the Christ child out of a song that got its title from "a fair lady who kept staining her sleeves from fucking in the grass".

It's fun, you see, because you can take two scholarly examinations of the primeval British associations with the color green, one in reference to Gawain and the Green Knight and the other to "Greensleaves", and find no two sentences that agree with each other.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
GET OUT
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 01:15 AM       
I'm only confused because I had always connected Greensleeves with "Gawain and the Green Knight." I realized that it was a 'christmas' song after I started looking it up, and I was oddly irritated by the distance between the two meanings.
I JUST WANT A SONG ABOUT FUCKING IN THE GRASS PEOPLE
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 01:36 AM       
i think van morrison has a song about that
GET OUT
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 01:40 AM       
About fucking in the grass?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 01:53 AM       
yeah it is called brown-eyed girl
GET OUT
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 02:07 AM       
Oh yeah! The one song when I was growing up that I thought applied to me, until I figured out what it meant
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:36 AM       
I think there's a song by The Doors which mentions a couple making children out in the meadow called "Queen of the Highway". It's only one line though, so it's not exactly about it.

Back on topic: Every cosmetics comercial ever. They're boring as hell, there are too many of them, and now they've even started making all kinds of shit up that doesn't even exist. It's really getting annoying.

That Mcdonalds comercial that you got when you took on Ubisoft's offer to download Far Cry for free. Anybody else do that? It was just so annoying everytime you had to load, because it didn't even load while the commercial was running, so you had to endure first the commercial, then the loading. And it wasn't any good in the first place either. Luckily it went away after a while.
He speaks truth!
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:53 AM       
I remember I watched just enough of the Super Bowl to catch a really long, drawn-out commercial for flavored water that had a lizard of some sort dancing with a girl in a sequin dress or something. It honestly made me nauseous, and I can point to a dozen reasons why it should but really I'm not sure which one affected my stomach the most.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
GET OUT
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM       
Quote:
I remember I watched just enough of the Super Bowl to catch a really long, drawn-out commercial for flavored water that had a lizard of some sort dancing with a girl in a sequin dress or something. It honestly made me nauseous, and I can point to a dozen reasons why it should but really I'm not sure which one affected my stomach the most.
The one where they're raping Michael Jackson's "Thriller" for reasons that are still unknown to me? Because holy crap, they play that here constantly
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 03:40 PM       
I love Whataburger, they have the hugest shakes.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 06:23 PM       
I did happen to enjoy this off-beat Whataburger commercial, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17IXz...eature=related

I know this isn't a commercial but since we are on the topic of resteraunts I figured i'll toss this bad boy out there:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=su0U37w2tws