Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 11:27 AM        VINCE PROVED BONEHEAD ON OWN SITE!
The following quote is from an Article Vince wrote on Senator Santorums remarks casting Homosexuals in the same light as practitioners of Incest.

Vince's basic point is that while what Santorum said is bad, he's only being attacked for it because he's a Rebuplican;

"Remember Rep. James Moran, D-VA, and his sweet little comment about Israel? Rep. Moran stated, "If it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq we would not be doing this." Now, where was the major uproar at besides from the evil talk show hosts that thump their Bibles in a rhythm that sends secret messages into the air that can only be decoded by the rings given out by the Elders of Zion? I will wait while you look.

Well, couldn’t find it, huh? That’s because Sen. Santorum did not have a D by his name. That D stands for Defense. Defense from any comment you can make that would be perceived as being racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, etc."
-Vince

I already knew Vince was way off base, but wanted to see how difficult it was to find this out. I entered the Moran quote Vince provided and immediately came up with:

Moran steps down from leadership post
Lawmaker under fire for saying Jews push war with Iraq

RELATED
o Six Dems: Moran shouldn't run
o Moran under fire for remarks

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Harshly criticized for saying pressure from the Jewish community was driving the push toward a possible war against Iraq, Rep. James Moran stepped down Friday as a House Democratic regional whip.

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi of California issued a statement indicating she left Moran, D-Virginia, with little choice but to give up his leadership post.

"I have taken this action because Congressman Moran's irresponsible remarks were a serious mistake," Pelosi said in a statement. "As I said earlier this week, his comments were not only inappropriate, they were offensive and have no place in the Democratic Party."

Moran has been under fire since March 3, when he said at an antiwar forum that Jewish leaders were pushing a war with Iraq.

It took all of two seconds to find that Moran had been widely criticozed within his own party and had been and stepped down as democratic whip. So far Santorum has not been criticized by Republican leadership and has not stepped down from anything.

Vince, did you even try to look this up?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 11:34 AM       
Of course he didn't. He heard it from a friend and that's a source.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 11:42 AM       
My God, he's just so dumb it's astounding! He's a glittering gem of dumbness! He's a national treasure of self parody.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 12:27 PM       
No, idiot, compared to Trent Lott, Moran didn't have shit done to him about what he said. Lott's name was ruined pretty much for good by everyone far and wide by what he said. Does anyone in the mainstream even REMEMBER or KNOW what Moran said? I rest my case.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 12:35 PM       
I'll bet whatever Moran said it didn't have anything to do with DEM DAMN ******S
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 12:38 PM       
The house of lards is falling under his own breath.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 12:47 PM       
Proto: What the hell are you talking about?
Kelly: Are you going to show where I was wrong, or be a good little idiot liberal and talk shit yet not backing up anything?
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 12:54 PM       
I was trying to make a point about racism. I failed.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 01:02 PM       
Proto, no you didn't, Vince is just dumb.

Vince, first of all, concidering the level of their power, their censure was exactly the same. They stepped down from their leadership position.

Second, your point, (and anyone who wants can visit your site, I've posted more than enough to show what you meant) was that Moran had not been criticized at all. Your forgetting his immidiatte censure and remembering Lotts only shows you pay some attention when an "R" gets hoisted on his own petard.

Is Santoro being censured by his peers? No. Is he retracting his statement? No. Is he stepping down from his leadership position? Not so far. It must be that "R" after his nme protecting him.

Can't you be half a man and admit you went on your own recollection or some half assed thing your heard on talk radio and were so sure you were right you didn't even use a search engine for a few seconds?

Your a dumb guy, you write badly and your tottaly in love with yourself. Is that so hard to admit?

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 01:14 PM       
Max, you are so full of shit I'm suprised you dont cover the floor in corn kernals when you spout off. I said that you didn't hear MAJOR critizims of Moran, which you didn't. Did you see Moran plastered all over ALL the major news channels time and time again. Did you hear NPR and all the other talk news outlets screaming about Moran 24/7? Did you see Moran on any kind of Israeli/Jewish supported TV shows talking about his view?

Well, ya know, I saw Lott being dragged through the mud on something he said that was ASSUMED to mean something elsE! I didn't see Moran lay in the iron maiden for something he directly said!

"Remember Rep. James Moran, D-VA, and his sweet little comment about Israel? Rep. Moran stated, "If it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq we would not be doing this." Now, where was the major uproar at besides from the evil talk show hosts that thump their Bibles in a rhythm that sends secret messages into the air that can only be decoded by the rings given out by the Elders of Zion? I will wait while you look."

That was what I said. MAJOR uproar. Perhaps I didn't throughly explain the fact that fox news and the talk radio gang gave him shit, but it was far and few between when other people did. Did you see Israeli/Jewish groups on tv 24-7 bashing Moran? I don't think you did.

And no, I wasn't wrong. You are just an idiot for not seeing that I am right. I have been told my writing is great and I do have an high opinion of myself. My dick is also longer and thicker than yours is.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 01:47 PM       
Jewish Groups Blast Moran for Comments

Jewish organizations condemned Rep. James P. Moran Jr. (D-Va.) today for delivering what they said were anti-Semitic remarks at an anti-war forum in Reston, in which he suggested that American Jews are responsible for pushing the country to war with Iraq and that Jewish leaders could prevent war if they wanted.

Ronald Halber, executive director of the Jewish Community Council of Washington, which represents 210 organizations, called Moran's statement "reprehensible and anti-Semitic," while David Bernstein, spokesman for the American Jewish Committee said his statement was "anti-Semitic in effect if not in intent."

Rabbi Jack Moline, head of the conservative Agudas Achim Congregation of Alexandria, said Moran's remarks echoed a history of "the most scandalous rhetoric of the last century" singling out Jewish influence and blaming it for foreign policy.

"We believe that such remarks about any minority group in America, whether African-Americans, Hispanics, Muslims or others, are beyond inappropriate in the rhetoric of a member of Congress," Moline wrote with the rabbis of five other congregations in demanding Moran's immediate resignation.

"A world-class congressional district calls for a world-class congressman. When we have to be constantly embarrassed in the way we are ... it's time to think about a change," Moline, one of Moran's earliest and staunchest defenders in the local Jewish community, said in an interview.

Sophie R. Hoffman, president of the Jewish council, said Moran's apology was inadequate, and added that polls show that the opinion of American Jews about the war are not far out of line from attitudes by the rest of the public, and that some strong anti-war voices are Jewish.

"In a recognizable pattern, when Moran realized just how outrageous his remarks were, he attempted to back pedal, saying he didn't mean what he clearly said," Hoffman said. "This time it just won't work."

State Sen. Janet D. Howell (D-Fairfax), an 11-year incumbent from Reston, said Moran's remarks were "inexcusable and intolerable."

"For the congressman to scapegoat and blame the Jewish community for the impending war is intolerable. Whether we suport or oppose the war, we must respect all religious communities," Howell said. "There is no question that responsible Democratic leaders should distance themselves from him."

Jewish leaders tell Moran to quit
By Mary Shaffrey
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Jewish leaders in Northern Virginia are calling on U.S. Rep. James P. Moran to resign as a result of comments he made last week questioning the influence of the Jewish community in American politics.

Jewish Guilt
Proponents of appeasing dictators also scapegoat Jews; so what else is new?
(from the national Review on line)

By Clifford D. May

What do Sen. Carl Levin, author Michael Lerner, activist Phyllis Bennis, opinion journalist Bruce Shapiro, and civil-rights advocate Michael Ratner have in common? All are among the veritable phalanx of liberal Jews who are at the forefront of the movement to stop President Bush from using military force to topple dictator Saddam Hussein.

So how is it that Rep. James Moran (D., Va.) can think, much less say: "If it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq, we would not be doing this."?

Jewish Group Presses Congressional Black Caucus on Moran

B’nai B’rith today issued the following letter to the Honorable Elijah E. Cummings, Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus:

March 14, 2003

Dear Chairman Cummings:

We write to you today in the spirit of an historic legacy -- that of African American-Jewish cooperation. Even before Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. marched on Washington flanked by Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel, our respective communities intuitively understood that common challenges make us natural partners – allies in our "otherness."

As you know, the Jewish community was shocked and appalled by Representative James P. Moran’s recent accusation that American Jews are responsible for plunging this country into an unnecessary war with Iraq.

Moran for Lieberman? Widely criticized in Jewish community, congressman may endorse senator
by Eric Fingerhut

Staff Writer, Washington Jewish week

Six weeks after drawing the ire of the American Jewish community with remarks many perceived as blaming Jews for the war in Iraq, Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) says he is likely to back the only Jew in the 2004 Democratic presidential race, Sen. Joseph Lieberman (D-Conn.).

"I've always supported Joe," said Moran in an interview at press time Tuesday, citing the personal friendship the two have forged through their involvement in the Democratic Leadership Council and the New Democrat Network, two organizations that represent the moderate wing of the party. "He's the one I know best."

A Lieberman adviser was less than enthused about Moran's championing of Lieberman.

Etc, etc, etc.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:04 PM       
What the fuck is going on here? I ended up posting as Burbank due to a fuckup with the board (I was trying to quote him but somehow my quote ended up a freakish post where I WAS Burbank), and then when I went to delete that post, it removed HIS post as well. WTF???
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:08 PM       
No worries there. Mostly I think he NEEDS to stop thinking about my penis. And whoever told him he was a 'great' writer had to have been kidding, drunk, clinically retarded, illiterate, Vinces Mom or some combo platter thereof.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:10 PM       
It is still like losing a national treasure though
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
What the fuck is going on here? I ended up posting as Burbank due to a fuckup with the board (I was trying to quote him but somehow my quote ended up a freakish post where I WAS Burbank
Wow... This is just like Crisis on Infinite Earths.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:16 PM       
It was weird...seeing the world through Burbank's eyes. Everything was green, and smelled like fish.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:28 PM       
Bizarro Vince can write sentences and is often right.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 03:53 PM       
So, lets see. Nancy Pelosi, the minority leader and most senior elected Democrat publicly criticized him and asked him to resign his leadership post.

He was 'dragged through the mud' by

The Washington Post
The Washington Times
The National Review (liberal jewish press)
B'nai Brith (Major jewish charity organization)
The Jewish community council of Washington (calling him reprehensible and anti-semitic)
Washington Jewish week
The Jewish council called his apology 'inaddequatte'
Jewish leadership of his hoke state told him to resign

And this is all found with the most minimal research. It goes on and on, and I deliberatley excluded the through lashing he got from the conservative press, which is euqally extensive.

Vince asks: "Why do the liberals in the world today get those free passes that conservatives can’t even seem to find, let alone get a hand on? Why should liberals have protection from what they say, while conservatives are the first to get hammered if they say something that may be taken out of context?"

If what Moran got constitutes a ‘free pass’, I don’t want one. But Vinces Amoebic argument has now morphed. It’s become direct comparison of Moran’s censure, vs. Lotts. His argument is now "How come if you’re conservative, your punishment is pretty much the same but you get more cristicism for saying something awful?" This in itself is debatable, but it’s pretty weak argument in any case and very whiny.

Keep in mind, neither resigned their post, just their leadership positions. And Trent Lott was Speaker of the House, third most senior elected Republican official, in line for the Presidency!
The difference in media attention was exactly equal to their level of power. This is why Vince gets no media attention at all for being a bonehead, because he doesn’t register on anyone’s radar.

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 10:06 PM       
Let's settle this right now:

Go up to 100 people on the street, random people, and metion Trent Lott.

Go up to 100 people on the street, random people, and metion Moran.

'Nuff said.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 10:54 PM       
Vince's line of reasoning:

"Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter said that the liberal media was once again giving Democrats a break and dragging the Republicans through the mud, therefore it must be true! After all, Rush and Ann would never say anything innacurate, right?"

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 11:07 PM       
no, AB, I wrote this before anyone had really discussed the subject. I know your an idiot and easily mainpulated by anyone who writes a paper about the evils of America, but the vast majority of conservatives think for themselves and have opinons formed by their own minds. We all do not march lock step with Limbaugh or Coulter or whoever else you would like to try and put forth in a weak effort to be funny.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 11:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
the vast majority of conservatives think for themselves and have opinons formed by their own minds.
Then why can't you be like them, Vince?

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 08:05 AM       
Ok, Proto, please explain how I am a robot?

Or, give me a lists of items/topics and I will give you my honest opinions on them.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 09:11 AM       
So now what you meant by your article is more people are aware of the attention a Speaker of the house recieved for a racist gaffe than a minor representative recieved for his racist gaffe, even though the representative was directly criticized by his party leadership and immidiately stepped down, and the Speaker refused to for weeks and was never asked to step down by his leadership?

That's what you meant when you said people with a D next to their name get free pass? You meant Trent Lott speciffically got a more raw deal than Moran speciffically? And thats why you were writting about the trouble Santorums gotten himself into, even though he hasn't been punished in any way?

It's not that you didn't even know Moran had a leadership post, or that he stepped down or that he was publicly asked to step down by the Minority leader or that he was roundly critisized in the very media outlets you suggest said little? It's not that you didn''t bother to find out? You were just kind of overstting your case a tiny bit for effect and you relly did know what you were talking about?

Okay. If that's what you meant to get across with your article and you actually were informed on the subject matter, I'm willing to take yiu at your word. But you know what that means? You can't form and argument or write an essay worth shit.

It's A or B Vinnie. You spoke out your ass or you can't put an essay together to communicate a simple point.

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 09:48 AM       
Since my essay has been put on a few sites, I guess that makes me a bad writer, huh? Someone appreciates my work.

And I enjoy your avatar, Max. Nice of you to put your dad's "getting drunk and reaming out little "Sweet meat" Maxie's butthole" picture for all to see. A nice tribute.

You know exactly what I meant in that article, and you fucking won't admit that I am right and you are still a moron. Did you see Moran anywhere besides political shows? Nope. I saw Lott EVERYWHERE! He was on BET for Christ's sake trying to explain himself for a comment that people ASSUMED was racist. Please tell me, if you read that comment that Lott said, what made it racist? Nothing about it did. It had to be assumed he was talking about segregation.

Moran's statement had no double meaning. Even you, as big as a fucking idiot as you are, can understand what he was saying. So quit trying to act like Moran was crucified just like Lott was. And who cares what their positions are? They are elected officials. If they are in the public eye and say something stupid, they should be accountable. ALL OF THEM. NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE!

But lets be realistic here, if a democrat or a liberal made the same statement, who would say anything? Talk radio types and Fox News. That is about it. Everyone else would skirt around the issue. Did you see Moran on the Today show? Did you see Moran on an Israeli or Jewish backed television station "explaining his comments"? Did you see the news where all these groups came out day after day and were reported by everyone that even halfway reports on the news about how racists he was and about how he should give up his position as an elected official? Compared to Trent Lott, he got a slap on the fucking wrist, and what he said didn't have to be interpreted to be racists, you could plainly see he was being a bigot.

Santorum will get run through the ringer, as he should. On a Constitutional level, what he wants is absurd. But if he wasn’t the most prominent Catholic our govt, a lot of these groups would have gave a little slap and nothing else. If your Christian, you best not speak your mind about what you believe, because you have no right to. But if you were a liberal commenting on something such as the Jews like your hero, Hillary Clinton did, then no one cares because you are not a big story. After all, she was just the First Lady and a Senator of New York. Nothing important there.

Please don't try to argue with me max. Your inept ability and your seething biased for anyone who doesn't think like you shines through like sunlight through the air. On any neutral forum on a political debate I would make you wear a schoolgirl outfit and give me a rim job while I smoke fine Cuban cigars.