Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:26 AM        DOOM!
I was actually impressed. I was expecting it to be cheesy but it wasn't as cheesy as I thought it'd be. Good action and no real complaints....Except for the "genetic experiments gone wrong" thing instead of portals to hell opening up.

That was very funny. Well done.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:37 AM       
for as many people that I saw who hated the movie, I actually really liked it.

fuck the Rock, Karl Urban was killer. that five minute first person sequence was almost orgasmic.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 09:12 AM       
I expected this movie to be so bad it would be hilarious.

I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED to discover that it actually didn't suck. It actually was pretty good. I really enjoyed it. Definitely one of the best video game movies I've ever seen. I place it right up next to Resident Evil.

Fuck!
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 11:13 AM       
they shoulda had uwe boll do it damnit

i am seriously considering going to an advance screening of bloodrayne where the man him himself will be. goddamn i hope it is a q&A it would be absolutley hilarious.
frunk as duck
Drunkenbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:41 PM       
I saw this movie last night, the first person battle was badass. The acting wasnt as bad as I thought it would be either. I <3 the pinky fight!

Alcoholism- The new fad in todays society. Dont be left out! Get a free "How to drink your way through life!" tape with 2 proofs of purchase with every 24 pack of Budweiser.TM or
Bud-lite.TM
XboxLiveTag-IXISilencerIXI
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
that five minute first person sequence was almost orgasmic.
Man...that whole sequence had everyone in the theater so fucking excited. Easily one of the coolest parts of any action movie.

I had some friends that really didn't want to see it and didn't even go, but I also had some that were really stoked to see it and we all loved it. I think if you're a fan of the games or action movies in general you'll like it but if you're a retard who enjoys shit like "into the blue" you'll be all kinds of disappointed.

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 09:05 PM       
When I saw this thread, I thought it was about the movie BOOM! With Liz Taylor and Noel Coward.

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 10:15 PM       
No you didn't.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:19 PM       
i was wondering if i should see it. I liked the games, and i love these types of action movies, but there are a ton of other movies i want to see. I heard it was really bad, mostly form critic, so you know how that goes. I just thought if i went to go see it, it would suck and i would feel like i wasted my time. I went and saw a history of violence insted. It seems that latly iv been going to see movies that i thought were going to be good, even though everyone else said they sucked, and when they did in fact suck, i get made at myself for not knowing better.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 06:34 PM       
Maybe it's just me but I didn't really care for this flick at all.

The only thing that I kinda enjoyed was (SPOILERS, FAGS)...
Quote:
...that The Rock ended up being a bad guy.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 06:49 PM       
Thats not a spoiler for anyone who watches the Daily Show.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 07:36 PM       
you guys were right is is better than resident evil!

thats not saying much.

I give it one thumb down, it tried to please gaming nerds though!
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:22 PM       
Just got back.

It struck me as one of those movies that just say: "Fuck the critics!" This film is god damn fun

Just to affirm for the sceptics who havent gone yet. the FPS Scene is SEX WITH YOUR EYES!

Portman
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 12:01 AM       
I'm going back to see it tomorrow just for the FPS scene. It was great, the cheesy voice-overs made it feel even more like a game.

The only things i didn't like were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets
- They make a lot of innuendo about hell and evil and whatnot, but that's not officially why the CREATURES are there. It almost makes more sense for it to be a BIO DISASTAR until they came up with the thing where the ooze turns bad people into imps and good people into Albert Wesker. Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of changing the plot for realism?

- Why in the good graces of fuck was there an ancient chinese kung fu battle at the end. They were alluding to this awesome deathmatch scene and then the Rock is all HEY I'M HERE YOU WERE TRYING TO SHOOT ME BUT NOW YOU AREN'T FOR SOME REASON I PROPOSE A DUEL CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON JOKES OR PICTURES. I want to make a movie with the Rock and just have him be a good-natured vegetarian chef or something and not let him pro-wrestle anyone at all or come within fifteen feet of a folding chair. I bet the guy doesn't even want to do it, the directors are all just HEY AREN'T YOU THE FAMOUS ROCK HAHA OH MAN I THINK WE CAN WORK THE ROCK BOTTOM INTO THIS SCRIPT SOMEWHERE ;> ANYTHING FOR YOU BUDDY AM I RIGHT ;> ;>

- The first few deaths were gory and scarey, but the rest were all quick and just like BLIP GOOD BYE TOKEN BLACK GUY. Maybe there'll be a director's cut?
Also it felt cut short. In my opinion it should have ended with the hero getting off the elevator only to be put into quarantine and tested on because he was infected with C24. Maybe court-martialled for killing his squad. And then something about the imps getting onto Earth anyway or the research continuing since they never did destroy the chips. This movie is DOOM, not HOPE.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 09:09 AM       
its taking its sweet time coming to the uk, dec 2nd i think.

making me wait longer makes that torrent link very tempting...

Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 07:08 PM       
Quote:
dukes death was fucking stupid, I think the perfect scene for that would have been as follows.

"Duke, Sarge, and Grimm are all shooting the infected people, then duke stops to reload but WHAM a hellknight jams its fist through Dukes head then punches Sarge in the back, this knocking sarge over to be pulled through the wall, and grimm could have sustained his fatal injuries while fighting it."
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 07:34 PM       
you're about as entertaining as cat shit, so why would your idea be any good?
Asspunch McGruf
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
I'M TOO STUPID TO LABEL SPOILERS
I don't really care. I just don't like you.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 12:19 AM       
Its not enough info for a spoiler.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 11:45 AM       
The BFG wasnt nearly as big as i wanted it too be.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 12:04 PM       
GUYS BAM HIM LIKE YOU BANNED ME
Asspunch McGruf
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 01:17 PM       
God dammit, shut up.
The Wolf
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 05:44 PM       
Really. Can you fucking idiots please stay out of these threads? I'm asking as nicely as I can because I genuinely like talking about certain things with some of the people here and you just butt in like annoying kids.

Not directed at you skull :O

Asspunch McGruf
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:32 PM       
I knew :D

Is the FPS scene really 5 minutes long? That was really the only part of the movie I did like, but it just so happens I had one of those ginormous movie Cokes and the bathroom break hit me just as this scene was beginning... I caught the tail end of it, and my date (oddly enough, seeing DOOM was her idea... I <3 nerdy chicks) had told me I missed a good bit of First Person action.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 03:29 AM       
I was iffy about seeing this or not but decided to go.

I thought the first hour or so was a real waste of time. The way the movie ended up turning out was pretty good however. Nothing spectacular but it ended up not being a total disaster like it was shaping up to be.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim