Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 12:22 AM        The Hills Have Eyes (remake)
Has anybody seen it yet? Was it any good? I heard the director was very pissed off because the MPAA really took a lot of the good gore out of the film. He was saying that people should just wait to see it uncut on DVD 'n shit instead.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 03:08 AM       
I actually did not think this movie would have good gore, i just want to see the freaks. If it's coming out with freaks AND gore on DVD, though, i'd be more than happy to wait :O
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 03:32 AM       
I heard that even WITH the gore removal, it is still plenty brutal. None of this "Hostel" shit either, where they always cut away. No, when somone is supposed to get pickaxed in the forhead, you see it happen. This movie isn't kind in any sense.

At least, that's what I HEARD...
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 10:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
No, when somone is supposed to get pickaxed in the forhead, you see it happen.

At least, that's what I HEARD...
Awesooooooome. With all these fucking remakes these days, I must say I am impressed.
Johnny Couth is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 11:37 AM       
It was decent. It was nothing great, but it kept me entertained.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 12:58 PM       
This movie gave me a headache.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 02:58 PM       
How 'bout you fags stop supporting remakes?

That was very funny. Well done.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 08:42 PM       
I saw this with Sam

There is one part inside the camper where the soundtrack is basically a low booming bass and screaming. and seriously you can hear a high pictched squeel for whatever reason. It gave sam a headache and made me almost walk out.

The movie was just placed horribly

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Quote:
they introduced all 6 characters and then killed half of them off right at the begining of the story within 5 mins of each other. It took them half the movie to get into the story. The only good part was right before the ending when the guy with the glasses went apeshit on all the freaks. Also the ending was really lame.

This movie would have been so much better if it was just the guy with the glasses and his wife and there kid in the desert. Freaks crash the car, freak sucks on titty juice, freaks kill wife and steal baby. Guy goes after them, guy goes apeshit on freaks. Guy gets baby, Ruby and guy go to san diego and open a cell phone store.

THE END
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:01 PM       
might as well take this chance to watch the original (well the chance to watch it has existed for 29 years now, but i havent bothered until now)

¡Olé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:03 PM       
Maybe that's Hollywood's plan. Make so horrible of remakes that people complain about them, then they gloat about how great the originals are, and people pay twenty bucks for the out-of-print DVD.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:07 PM       
havent seen the original or remake, but im going to assume the original is better, as that is alwasys the safer opion to take in these situations

MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 01:33 AM       
I didn't get to see it yet but my roomate did. She said that 20 people walked out of the show. She said it was good but it was upsetting.

I can get "upsetting" just by posting around here. I didn't see it.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 01:37 AM       
mre like the Hills have Guns
MAMA MIA!
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 01:44 AM       
One bullett. Between your eyes.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 02:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
mre like the Hills have Guns
MORE LIKE THE HILLS HAVE TITTY JUICE
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 02:05 AM       
Quote:
ARROWX IS SECRETLY ONE OF THE FREAKS
The Unicorn
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 02:08 AM       
OH SHIT SPOILER
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 02:36 AM       
there's a deep sense of dissastisfaction that sets in when you realize the most throwaway pantywaist character is the one thats supposed to save the day.

this movie would have been an infinity times better if it had been the mom of the baby that went all apeshit on everyone, as would have been her RIGHT.

when moms see their baby with a gun to its face, they dont LOOK for something to hit them with, they lunge at the jugular with their hands and bite their hands off at the wrist.
AND THEY CERTAINLY ARENT WRIST GRABBED INTO SUBMISSION AFTER ONE HIT TO THE FACE.

and, oh yeah, guess who gets uncredited in the special effects department? who can say rubber johnny faster than CHRIS CUNNINGHAM?

fuck this movie. it sucked.
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:02 PM       
A girl in my class said she walked out, but it was because she couldn't handle the gore stuff

DSBurroughs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 10:18 PM       
I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter much, but I think a different point of view is in order. I thought the movie was great. I was totally unprepared for the amount of brutality involved. I mean, think about how much it would suck to walk back in from seeing your dad burnt alive in the middle of nowhere only to catch your sister being raped by mutants who also are holding your baby hostage, then being forced to let one of those mutants suck milk from your tits, and then be shot in the head, only to come "back to life" for split second before hunkering down to a really humiliating death. Insane. Plus the manequins in the ghost town were way freaky.

I think compared to all the other horror movies that have been made recently, this one is by far the best. And I think they could have went totally over the top with the mutant people, but kept it pretty realistic with maybe one expection. So come on, it wasn't *that* bad....
Everybody loves me. I'm the most important person in the lives of almost everyone I know and a good deal of people I've never even met. I don't say this casually; I'm just pointing out my qualification.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 10:47 PM       
How can hills have eyes?
MAMA MIA!
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 10:47 PM       
Well the gore doesn't bother me. I draw the line when it comes to a mutant sucking the milk from my tits.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 12:08 AM       
Then don't have kids.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 02:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lye
How can hills have eyes?
well they are alive w. the sound of music afterall
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 12:11 PM       
Just got back from watching this at the cinema with my girlfriend. It was pretty heinously violent. I dread to think that the uncut version is like. You know you are in for some pretty sick shit when the opening credits is videos of nukes going off interspuced with dead babies.

Definatly a must see for any gore fanatics but if you are easily shocked, avoid it.