Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:25 AM        Segwayed Shows
I'm trying to come up with a list of all the incidents on tv where one television show segwayed into another show. I don't mean spinoffs but like the plot from one show's episode collided with another show's plot and it continued from over there.

Sorta like what they do between The Daily Show/Colbert Report but more plot based and much less practical.

So far I can only recall the incident between Teen Angel and Boy Meets World but I'm not incredibly sure of the details.

I'm sure a few dramas did this.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:29 AM       
segue
dipshed
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 05:32 AM       

dipshed
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 05:33 AM       

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 06:37 AM       
There was a bunch of shitty CBS sitcoms that did a cross-over plot about a jewel theif or something with THE NANNY. I think the plot started on THE NANNY and it continued into the other crappy shows that CBS was trying to promote.

TGIF did some sort of "magic night" where Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch went through all the other TGIF shows (including Boy Meets World)

Urkel with a jetpack flying into Step By Step

Law and Order and Homicide did stuff all the time where part one of a story would start on Homicide and then end up being resolved on Law and Order, but they never followed each other directly.
Staxeon is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 07:00 AM       
I hate when people rider electric scooters from one show to another. Just screams "hey, lookie me, I wanna be trendy"

nm...i digress

CSI does this from time to time between the original series, NY, and Miami. They did one story where a guy fled from NY to Miami I think. Sci-fi series did/do it all the time, Star Trek TNG and DS9, Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, etc. And I remember an ABC sitcom from the 80s where the two show families were actually neighbors, and once and a while there would be a guest appearance, but once they did a full cross-story plot. I can't remember the series though....
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 10:35 PM       
There was one where the people from Coach went to Las Vegas and the people from the Drew Carey show were there too, and Mimi did an Elvis dance with Luther and I think some other stuff happened. =(
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 04:31 PM       
lol remember when Jay Sherman the critic was onthe simpsons and then he got cancelled? Humourlarious, although not a segway at all.

that 70s show seems like it's building up to a Jackie and Fez spinoff.

I seem to rmemeber the live action teenage mutant turtles cartoon started with a power rangers in space crossover. Lol, venus the turtle with boobies.

Friends and Joey is the obvious one.

Or the end of GHostbusters and the beginning of Extrme Ghostbusters.

I don't know if extreme ghostbusters count but CMON! They have a girl, a mexican, AND a cripple! Could it be anymore politicly correct? And i think the girl was a goth.[img][/img]
dipshed
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 04:47 PM       
Yeah, like the internet hasn't mentioned that on more then 5,000,000 occasion, you morally bankrupted peice of shit.

Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 07:20 PM       
How can a Cripple be Extreme? I Mean he could be pretty Cool until he meets his natual enemy... The Stairs.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:36 AM       
i can't remember what network it was, but I remember all the shows on that particular night happened during a blackout.

wanna say it was like murphy brown and cheers and shit, but i could be completely off.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:42 AM       
oh man, gadzooks i dunno if you're gonna like or hate this
dipshed
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:48 AM       
I've been to that site, but that's more cameo appearences then shows actually connecting to each other. The thing I'm talking about was a really weird phenomenom that I think is only more in the lunancy of TGIF standards.

But thanks anyway.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 04:54 AM       
wasn't there some law and order / "las vegas" combined plot thing that went on for a couple episodes i don't remember the name of the other show but i think that was what it was
OH GOD
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 04:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
i can't remember what network it was, but I remember all the shows on that particular night happened during a blackout.

wanna say it was like murphy brown and cheers and shit, but i could be completely off.
oh man i think it was nbc and it was caused by one of the seinfeld people trying to steal cable? maybe?
dipshed
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 04:22 PM       
I remember that episode but no blackout going with it.

It would have to be shows that resided in the same city, it couldn't of been Cheers or murphy brown because those both take place in different cities.

It would mostly likely be New York because of it's well known blackouts.

OH GOD
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 04:23 PM       
i think mad about you also had a blackout, i don't remember other shows
dipshed
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 04:27 PM       
After looking it up it turns out it was MAD ABOUT YOU who had the whole stealing cable story that caused the blackout, this went on into Friends and in some stupid show called Madman of the People.

But it's funny because there was a seinfield where they stole cable.

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 07:19 PM       
Urkel was in a Full House episode when they were both on tgif together.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 11:50 PM       
Seinfeld has never done any kind of cross-over ON seinfeld. Seinfeld has crossed over onto other shows, like Kramer showing up on Mad About You, but they've never had Pheobe from Friends show up at Monks or anything like that.

Some of you are missing the point, a spin-off or a crossover doesn't nessessarily equal what Gadzooks is talking about. He's talking about some kind of story or character or whatever that starts off in one episode of a show and then ends up being resolved on another show, typically one that directly follows the first show
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 12:48 AM       
Like Buffy to Angel?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 01:16 AM       
Are you kidding me, DamnthatDavid?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
dipshed
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 02:04 AM       
Kramer was on Murphy Brown too, but that is also what I'm not looking for.

dipshed
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 02:14 AM       
TGIF pulled this stunt where sabrina runs through the episodes of boy meets worlds, you wish, and teen angel all in one night. Thus the shows were linking in this storyline where sabrina chases a cat.

That's what I'm looking for.

OH GOD
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 02:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips
Some of you are missing the point, a spin-off or a crossover doesn't nessessarily equal what Gadzooks is talking about. He's talking about some kind of story or character or whatever that starts off in one episode of a show and then ends up being resolved on another show, typically one that directly follows the first show
well to be fair he did mention daily show and colbert report as an example and colbert report is a spinoff so confusion