Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 06:54 PM        Ghostbusters 3 it could possibly still happen.
Befor you start calling me a tard hear me out.

the script was written in 1999 by Harold Ramis and Dan Akroyd (Egon and Ray)

come 2002 they all pretty much admitted it ain't gonna happen. But I have some reports chronicling it's demise, rise, and demise and maybe rise again to probability. In November things actually looked good for it.

The plot is basicly this.

Venkmen is dead, and the guys are up to their old tricks. They create a device to try and get into hell and get venkman back. They go in and it's just New york but really really worse. So they get back out..... and a lot of demons and ghosts come with them.

Egon recruits his college students (extreme ghostbusters) to form a new team of 4 and with the help of the geezers return order. And yes we see Venkman return at the end.

Dana, the secratary, and louis WILL make cameos as well.

I for one would LOVE it. It would be the perfect way to restore my childhood heroes and get lots of modern tie ins that the extreme ghostbusters failed so badly at. (a good videogame anyone? Perhaps involving the Revolution controller?)

If you'll excuse me I have to make an online petition to columbia studios.

anyway here are the articles chronicling how it came about so far.

IGN reported 2002

Dan Aykroyd addressed Ghostbusters 3 back in November 1999, several months after this draft is dated. The original Ghostbuster advised Access Hollywood that GB3 "doesn't look like it's going to happen for the same reason they aren't going to make Men in Black 2." (And we all know what happened with that project now, don't we?) "The cost is too excessive for the studio to see it to be economically feasible," said Akyroyd. "It is a shame too because everyone wants to do it. Even Bill Murray said he would work a few days on it. I did finish a script. Harold Ramis liked parts of it. [Series director] Ivan Reitman liked parts of it too. There is definitely an interest from all of the original parties involved to make it. However, the studio just does not want to take the risk. In my opinion, the successes of the other two give the impression that there is a good chance of profit for a third sequel. So unfortunately, it looks like its just not going to happen based on the studio's feelings, not from anyone else."

But that wasn't the end of it.

Moviehole reported

in 2003 It seemed even more likely, after billy crystal was talking with ramis about a cameo in it Ramis simply told him it wasn't gonna happen, but come 2004 he says otherwise.

Aykroyd tells Latino Review that Murray isn’t the only one who’s balked at the idea of doing a second sequel. Apparently ‘most of the cast’ have. Harold Ramis, Annie Potts and Ernie Hudson co-starred in the previous films.

A couple of years back, Aykroyd mentioned that he had an idea to bring in a new young cast of “Ghosbtusters” – Will Smith’s name was mentioned at one point, probably after the success of “Independence Day” and “ID4” – and he says that’s still one idea he could consider – if only the rights holders of “Ghostbusters” would let him. At the moment, he says those that would make such a call – and he’s not naming names – won’t let him.

Funnily enough, just three short years ago, Harold Ramis mentioned something similar – and sounded quite keen to do it – in an online interview.

“I think Columbia would love to keep the franchise going with three new ghostbusters..you know.. using us as metors , cameos in the movie... I dunno, and we are developing ...there's a concept for a third script , the studio might do..right now there's a big negotiation ...going on the series..the movie consequently..if the deal can be made the movie can be made, we dunno if the deal can be made.”

This is apparently the storyline of the would-be sequel : Dr's Stantz (Aykroyd), Spengler (Harold Ramis) and Zeddemore (Ernie Hudson) cope with Venkman's (Bill Murray) departure. They recruit a group of young bucks and try to deal with a new wave of spooks, who are being ejected from an overcrowded hell by that looks exactly like Manhattan. Louis (Rick Moranis), Janine (Annie Potts) and Dana (Sigourney Weaver) all have cameos, while Venkman only appears near the end of the film.

Nov 2005 hollywood.com says it's very likely

back to the big screen--and he wants Ben Stiller to star in a third film.

Ramis reveals Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd has written a new script, called Ghostbusters in Hell, and Ramis is keen to get the project started.

He tells InFocus magazine he wants Stiller to join Aykroyd and Rick Moranis in the sequel.

Aykroyd's script transports the bumbling ghostbusters into a parallel dimension via a portal in a New York warehouse.

Ramis explains, "What Danny had originally conceived was sending us to a special-effects hell--a netherworld full of phenomenal visual environments and boiling pits.

"But what works so well about the first two (films) is the mundane-ness of it all. So my notion was that hell exists in the same place as our consensus reality, but it's like a film shutter--it's the darkness between the 24 frames.

"So we create a device to do it, and it's in a warehouse in Brooklyn. When we step out of the chamber, it looks just like New York, but it's hell--everything's grid locked; no cars are moving and all the drivers are swearing at each other in different foreign languages. No two people speak the same language. It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified."
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 07:31 PM       
I don't believe it, and here's why:

Quote:
Will Smith’s name was mentioned at one point, probably after the success of “Independence Day” and “ID4”
Anyone who even remotely paid attention when Independence Day came out knows that ID4 is the same thing. A professional journalist wouldn't have made that mistake, since the other movie he was in at the time, Men in Black, is even more popular than ID4. It's a nice thought, but it's all fantasy.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 07:38 PM       
actually, they're that dumb sometimes, but i dont think thats a good indication that theyre completely fabricating it.

i like the idea though.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 10:39 PM       
plot sounds good, but i have yet to see a decent ben stiller movie

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 10:52 PM        Re: Ghostbusters 3 it could possibly still happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage the Cowardly Dog
Venkmen is dead, and the guys are up to their old tricks.

And hilarity ensues.

Bill Murray wouldn't touch this with a 10 ft. pole.
Unmedicated genius
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 12:39 AM        Re: Ghostbusters 3 it could possibly still happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Quote:
Venkmen is dead, and the guys are up to their old tricks.

And hilarity ensues.

Bill Murray wouldn't touch this with a 10 ft. pole.
actually he said he wants to do it and he does appear at the end. the guys do go to hell looking for him.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 01:21 AM       
UGH
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:00 AM       
What the hell is your problem, Courage?

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:09 AM        Re: Ghostbusters 3 it could possibly still happen.
Quote:
actually he said he wants to do it
Bullshit.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:31 AM       
Murray and Ramis had a big fallout after making the movie Groundhog Day, and allegedly haven't spoken with each other since.

Which is really wierd, cuz watching all their movies you'd think they'd just have to be BFFs.
Unmedicated genius
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 06:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Murray and Ramis had a big fallout after making the movie Groundhog Day, and allegedly haven't spoken with each other since.

Which is really wierd, cuz watching all their movies you'd think they'd just have to be BFFs.
Yeah I've read that. Murray's divorce during groundhog day made him very introverted and wouldn't talk to anyone but in fact they didn't talk oustide of 2 occasions in eleven years but seemed to show more interest in each other around 2004.

I don't know if it could work but the part for venkman is really small, and Ramis seems to hold murray in the highest regard. He said he'd give you a kidney of you needed it but won't return your calls when he is depressed. I hope they can someday work it out for their fans.

"Plus I'm not so sure Bill was wildly enthusiastic about putting the suit on again," Ramis mused. "Maybe he would be in it if he could play a ghost."
^Ramis seems to agree ti would be hard for him.

and as for gadzooks, I'm an attention whore, no more, no less.