Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 03:55 PM        I hope this is just a hoax
http://www.boycottgillette.org/
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 04:05 PM       

I think it's fake.

Quote:
In such a world, we and our children would be continually bombarded with electromagnetic energy. Researchers do not know the long-term health effects of chronic exposure to the energy emitted by these reader devices.
We're already bombarded with electromagnetic radiation. Like light.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 06:46 PM       
i don't think this is exactly a hoax.. overzealous paranoia maybe.

my understanding is that they are putting the chips in many products at walmart to track thier products but there is no evidence that they can use them to 'spy' on anyone.. yet.

plus the only thing they can do with the chips is find out where they are.. so they can track a gillette razor to your medicine cabinet.. oh no, they found me! agh

i really don't see how that could infringe on privacy.

also, the emf fears are much more a reality with cell phones than these chips. and achimp.. you know that we evolved with the sun's effects but we Didn't evolve with the effects of human generated emf's, and the jury is still out in most cases on how this effects us.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 07:49 PM       
We spend our whole lives regularly exposed to fluorescent lighting, AM and FM radio waves galore, cordless phones, microwave ovens, and CRTs (TVs and computer monitors), and no one has shown any ill effects. The experts may still be unsure whether all this radiation is safe, but we've been exposed to it for many decades, and if it posed a serious threat, we'd know by now.

And you're right...it sounds like paranoid whiners instead of a parody, since they do link to a real UK article about chips in razor packages. It's not (or shouldn't be) about tracking the razor, though - the chip can only be detected less than 20 feet away from a sensor, and it's in the package, not the product. They're complaining mainly because their picture is taken when they remove one from the shelf and when they check out.

The reason it's stupid to even care is because there are not-so-obscure cameras all over stores. They're videotaping every step you take, so it's pointless to get scared about one or two snapshots.

UtterParadox is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 08:52 PM       
Whenever something new emerges from the dusts, somebody somewhere will protest it. Change is impossible for some people to take.

And AChimp, pick a persona. You're stupid sometimes and insightful other times. It's confusing.

"I wonder how strong human bones are after they shrink..."
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 09:37 PM       
HOW BOUT NO.
The_voice_of_reason is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:03 AM       
It's a good thing I am a loser with low testosterone or i would be worried.

Seriously though, why can't I grow a beard?
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:10 AM       
The people who are boycotting Gillette are secretly slipping everyone hormone treatments so they don't grow facial hair and thus don't need to buy Gillette products.
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:16 AM       

That also explains why I am not a hormonally charged, drooling ape.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 03:51 AM       
i think it goes that when two radiating thingis collide inside your body with so and so somethings you die or get fucked up. I remember learning that somewhere. Radiation fucking in your body makes for bad children. Remember that.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 04:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perndog
We spend our whole lives regularly exposed to fluorescent lighting, AM and FM radio waves galore, cordless phones, microwave ovens, and CRTs (TVs and computer monitors), and no one has shown any ill effects.
Lighting and radio, yes, but you can hardly say we've been in the presence of TV, computers, microwaves and cellphones long enough to determine whether or not they have harmful effects. Most of them have only been around for the last fifty years or so (cellphones have only started becoming commonplace for the last twenty years), so if there's anything creepy that can happen to us at an old age, we'll be the first to find out.

Not that I believe that will happen.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 01:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtterParadox
And AChimp, pick a persona. You're stupid sometimes and insightful other times. It's confusing.
Doesn't get it do he? :irony

Wherever you go, there you are.
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 02:41 PM       
Quote:
no one has shown any ill effects. The experts may still be unsure whether all this radiation is safe, but we've been exposed to it for many decades, and if it posed a serious threat, we'd know by now.
i wish it were so but the sad situation that i'm not familiar with enough is that the coroners job is political, there are many presures on coroners to find or not find this or that that will never be public knowledge.. i really would like to know more about why people are dieing but the secrets are kept very well or not written down at all.

if we let our coroners be honest we would have a very different picture of what is causing i daresay 70% of the deaths in this country.
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 03:06 PM       
You'll look for a conspiracy in anything, huh?

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 03:06 PM       
:/ people are so paranoid. it's not the radiation that is shaving years off of peoples lives. It's just that the third razor on the Mach3 works THAT good!
BaronVonBoner is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 04:38 PM       
If you boycott Gillette for any reason do it because of how damn expensive they are. It's like $15 bucks for like 10 Mach 3 razors
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 06:01 PM       
five fingers discount will save you a lot on those razors.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 08:00 PM       
He obviously read this thread very carefully. They put homing devices inside of the razors now so they can track down petty shoplifters. :/
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 08:15 PM       
I'm not Looking for conspiracy im questioning the system.. why would the coroner Not release cause of death for many cases? why do you think we don't do autopsies in most deaths? why, why, why!? i want to know.. i have suspicions that i've been trying to disprove for years! damnit, if i cant disprove my suspicians then i have to keep asking questions..

honesty is under attack, profit in a capitalist system thrives on dishonesty.. isnt that enough for you to be suspicious of a system that routinely avoids cause of death investigations?
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 08:57 PM       
Uhh... you know, they don't perform autopsies if the family says no to it, and since 99% of the people who die are old people, there's no need to know the cause of death since it's obvious! Alternatively, if the person is in the hospital with terminal cancer, and then they die, then they died of cancer, not cellphones. It's that simple. There's no need to perform autopsies needlessly. Do you know how much time it would take to examine every aspect of each and every person that died? There would have to be thousands and thousands of coroners, and people wouldn't be stuffed in a pine box six feet under within two days because the corpse would be rotting in the morgue instead.

We would become a society obsessed with the death of our citizens, for fuck's sake, and nobody would go about living because we'd all be prodding Grandma to see if it really was her bad heart or a case of salmonella or her TV remote that made her kick the bucket.

And what do you mean not releasing the cause of death for "many cases"? The death of a person is a private affair for the family. It's up to them to release it if they choose. General figures are only tallied for statistical purposes (i.e. cancer deaths, heart attacks, etc.)
BANNED

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 09:22 PM       
Plus it would cost thousands of extra dollars for taxes. People have to pay for that shit. Also, how exactly would they determine a person died of cellphones? It doesnt leave a STAB WOUND or anything.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:38 PM       
They get a massive tumor around their ear, on their brain. Also, autopsies can be shit cheap. No one says the autopsy has to be very clean. I've seen videos of guys using hacksaws to cut open skulls, so i can't imagine that the fees are too astronomical or anything.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:09 AM       
I gotta think people who hacksaw the skulls of corpses to find out how they died would get paid quite a bit. I mean, would you do it for cheap? :/
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:24 AM       
I'd do it for free.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 02:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
We're already bombarded with electromagnetic radiation. Like light.
What about melanoma and other forms of skin cancer? As, I think, somebody posted earlier, these waves are at such a different frequency and amplification from the other cancer-causing electromagnetic waves mentioned earlier that I seriously doubt any true harm will come of it. then again, playing the devil's advocate, those gizmos really haven't been around long enough to apply sufficient tests.

Wherever you go, there you are.