Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

LobsterMagnet is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:24 AM        Counting Crows again
Life sucks.

There's this girl... (as all stories with an upsetting ending start off)

Our math teacher (32 years old, coach of the 7th grade girls basketball and volleyball team, owns a comic book store, lives with his parents) would always harass her. He'd stare at her ass/tits and get real close to her when he'd help her out with work. He'd always try looking up her skirt when she'd wear one.

Well, I just happen to be in love with this girl. Finally, someone said something to the assistant principal, and he yelled at the math teacher, and threatened to fire him and all that fun stuff. Well now he doesn't so much as look at her. But that first part is what started all this.

She got pulled out of class to get talked to, and then the lunch bell rings. The halls clear out, and her locker is right across the hall from mine. Well I was taking my time getting to my car, and I saw her, and I asked her what that was all about. She was in a rush to get her books into her locker so she could rush out to the car to go to lunch (with all the "popular" people that aren't really good friends to her, but she gets drunk with all the time). She wouldn't look up at me, and she was trying to talk but she kept getting choked up, and she was real short of breath. I grabbed her hand, and asked her if she was ok. She started crying and told me about how "it didn't really bother her, but she just couldn't beleive that it got to the point that the teachers had to get involved." Right when her voice broke, and she started crying, I got that feeling in my stomach/body that you get when you find out that someone close to you/a family memeber just died.

I put my arm around her, and she was walking really fast, and trying to get out to the car before all her "friends" left. She got out there, and looked for the car, and said "they left."

Something about the way she said that just broke my heart. It's just.... inexplicable. I don't know. It made me want to cry. It was like she just admitted defeat to life.

Then she saw the car pulling out, and caught up with them as she wiped away her tears. As she was walking, she said "I'll be fine, but thanks for caring." I was just left there trembling and confused.
I felt the worst I've ever felt, and I didn't know what to do. The only natural reaction I had was to go have a cigarette to calm myself down, and I hadn't smoked for almost 4 months. She came back from luch, and she was trying her hardest to play it off, but I could see that it did something to her. I could bareley sleep that night... all I could do was think about her. I don't know why, but really fucked me up to see her like that.

She came in the next day, and she still couldn't talk, and I could see her wiping tears away all through math class. She said she was fine, and I wanted to stop by her house after school and try to talk to her, but I know it would've been real akward, and I didn't have the balls to do it, so I just drove around for 3 hours chain smoking and thinking about her.

It's like 2 weeks later, and still, every time I see her/think about her, I get physically ill. I start shaking, and I can't think straight. I know I need to say something to her, but we've been (somewhat close) friends for almost 5 years, and I don't want to jepordize the relationship we've already got. She's the only somewhat intelectual person I can talk to anymore. Without her, I'd have nothing, but I don't really have her. I can't stop thinking about her. She's just got this luminescent personallity, and I know for a fact that her and I would make a great couple... I know she wants it too, but she's just got so many complexes preventing it.

If I were a ''cooler'' person, I know we'd be a couple, but she's so overly worried about her social status/what people think of her that she couldn't do something like that.

The other thing is it seems as if she's not the type of girl to have a mutual loving relationship, but she's the type of girl who wants to be obtained and taken care of, not ''interactive,'' so to speak.

I just don't know what to do. All I can do is sit here and listen to Counting Crows and be depressed. It fucking sucks. I know it'll ruin things forever if I tell her how I feel, but I need to be in love with her, not at her.

I was thinking of getting real drunk with just her and me, and that way I know I'd tell her, but I don't think it would do anything but create tension and akwardness anyway.

I just don't know what to do.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:49 PM       
Right now she probably needs a regular friend more than a significant other.

Fookin Flappy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:25 PM       
I miss high school. I think you will know when the right time to tell her comes around... if not get a friend to do it that always works ..
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:50 PM       
Just start off as friends first. The best relationships are the ones that develop out of friendships. If you try to date her now you're only going to end up scaring her away.

Keep being supportive, but make sure you don't pry or invade her privacy.

Hope I helped. .

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 08:53 PM       
That's the problem. We've been close freinds for almost 5 years, and a relationship has always been just out of reach. I seriously can't take it anymore... it's like I need her to feel normal. Every day that I talk to her, and she flirts with me, I've got a smile on my face, but when I don't see her, I kinda just drudge on. I swear the girl is making me bi-polar. Sigh...

So Chimp... hows the lady situation with you? (I've been gone for a month or so)
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:30 PM       
Next time you see her, make sure she notices your boner. Wear sweatpants or something.

I actually have a new ladyfriend. She is very nice and pretty similar to me in personality, and she is smarter than me. She is short, but I think she is very pretty.

Things are progressing slowly, but we both agreed that school should take precedence right now with exams right around the corner. We haven't gone on an official date yet, so we're technically not "seeing each other," but we are very close and everyone thinks we are having teh secks.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:27 AM       
Quote:
we both agreed that school should take precedence right now with exams right around the corner.

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THESE STATISTICS

Lobster Magnet: GET OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL

Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:20 AM       
I wish I could
Mocker
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:15 AM       
At least do what I did when I was in high school: reject all your old friends, become a loner, then make new friends. Also, only talk to girls on the internet. Best decisions I've ever made.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:56 PM       
"We haven't gone on an official date yet, so we're technically not "seeing each other," but we are very close and everyone thinks we are having teh secks."

Actually, everybody thinks you haven't even kissed her yet.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:05 PM       
If you're friends witha girl, it will never become anything more. You either start out in a relationship, or one never developes. And since love isn't real anyway, you shouldn't feel bad when I say "Forget about her, because you're fucked. Find some other girl to lust after."

Forget about her, because you're fucked. Find some other girl to lust after.
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:16 PM       
Quote:
And they would all be right. :O
Mocker
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:19 PM       
I tried the love thing with a friend of mine. It failed. FAILED FAILED FAILED. But oddly enough we are even better friends than we ever were. Like when we see each other we are a lot more comfortable with each other and and can talk for hours. I guess it's because we've both seen the worst of each other. Whenever a somebody suggests we get back together again we laugh in their face. and we MEAN it. That love shit sucked.

Everything works out for me
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:30 PM       
Damn Lobster, I don't know what to tell you. I have another friend who has been in a similair situation for a really long time...sorry man, wish I could help.
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM       
OMG JIXBY. ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH PRIVILEDGES?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tenenbaum
Right. Because you won't be a REAL man until 'second base has been fully explored.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
If you're friends witha girl, it will never become anything more. You either start out in a relationship, or one never developes.
That isn't even close to the case. Not that you'd have a frame of reference, but still. Dating as a method of 'getting to know' people is stupid for all sorts of reasons, but I'll list a few: The only thing you'll 'get to know' is how they act when on dates, it's expensive, and the only efficient way to do it is to date several people at once, guaranteeing that at least several peoples' feelings will get hurt (which is more or less of a problem depending on how violent they are). Personally, I hadn't even gone out on an official date with my SO before, as Snake would say, "going into extra innings and later allowing the third-base coach to 'fully explore' my colon with a Louisville Slugger."
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:44 PM       
Lobster, sorry if I've got any of this wrong, I found your initial post a bit hard to follow.

But it sounds to me like she doesn't really care about you much, from what you were saying about how she's so concerned with how people would view her, and how it would affect her "social status". Fuck her, she's not worth it.

If somebody is that shallow that she only cares about popularity and friends that don't really give a damn about her, then she's not worth talking to.

You'd do best to forget about her completely and move on. High school is so full of bullshit it's not even funny. When you get out of high school, everything will be completely different, you'll see.

She doesn't sound like anything special, so no big loss there, you ask me.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:20 PM       
That's about the biggest problem right there is that you guys ARE still in high school. I hate to say this because I am usually an optimistic person, but reality is that as time goes on, the chances of meeting someone in high school, going on to marry them and living happily ever after are falling exponentially. I don't know why, and I'm not so presumptuous as to say I have my finger on it, but life is such. Nobody ever said life was fair, and the only way to even the odds, or shift life to favor you at least once in awhile, is to allow yourself to realize:

The average human life span is about 75 years. Do you have cancer? Heart trouble? Terminal illness? If you answered no to any of these questions, then what you should look at is that, assuming you're a HS Senior, you still have about 58 years to live. Things don't happen right away. Odds are you will not find the love of your life in high school (not saying it WON'T happen, but it's not beyond the scope of reality here) So you have about 58 years to find the love of your life. My biggest mistake in love was trying to rush it all, to try and grab for my slice of the pie before I was ready for it, and it all came down on me in the end. As a result, I lost the girl of my dreams but I am fine with it because I realize life DOES go on, that we do care about other people but the only person in anyone's lives that can make anything better for themselves is themselves, and that in the end we are happy if the other is happy.

So essentially, it's good that you do care for this girl's feelings, but the worst thing you could do in my opinion ( I added that because ultimately it's YOUR decision) is try to jump into something romantic with this girl. If she needs you, it's as simple as being there. If you two hang out enough, and you be yourself, it will show. Girls aren't stupid, she will be able to pick it up sooner or later. Whether something bigger develops between you two is up to her because obviously you don't mind it becoming something bigger. But don't inflate your hopes too high, because you'll be building this up in your mind and set your expectations so unrealistically that on the chance you finally DO make your feelings known, she will shy away from it and wreck the friendship.

Bottom line, be SUBTLE about it, DON'T let your hopes inflate TOO big, and if she doesn't catch on (or chooses not to catch on) think about this: Maybe she's being polite and trying to turn you down gently (after all, girls aren't stupid) because she DOES value your friendship, and SHE feels that taking it to another level will ruin that. Ultimately, if you feel for this girl like you say you do, if you really have substance behind those words and not just teenage lust, then you should be comfortable knowing that even though you two together isn't in the cards, at least you made her happy. At least, if her life is going bad and there's little YOU can do about it, that little you COULD and DID do will mean so much more for both parties in the long run. Give it time.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
That isn't even close to the case. Not that you'd have a frame of reference, but still.
I beg to differ. After you've been friends with a girl for a while, they see you as just a friend, and not as a potential relationship. And once they find out you have those sorts of feelings for them, they get all wierded out, like you're not their friend anymore.

You put it out on the table, and it stays there. They can't stop thinking of you as being some guy who has a boner for them. You lose everything.

Just one of the many reasons why girls are ICKY.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:15 PM       
Personally, I hadn't even gone out on an official date

Thats the same as me, and its really changed my thinking.

In our relationship, the trivialities dont really matter, we dont know our anniversary date, how long weve been going out or a lot of the other stuff that can really cloud up a elationship with a lot of useless information.

It also reduces the "I HAVE to do this"or "I HAVE to do that" mentallities, so we are together and do what we want, just for the fun of it and because we want too.

So far this is the best relationship she or I have ever been in simply because its about having fun together rather than being forced to mould ourselves to stereotypes.

But back to Magnet -

Really, i have to agree with the others on this one, you are still in high school and really, everything is bullshit there.

Once you are free it will really change your perspectives.

Also, it is true she may seem shallow that she is just trying to earn acceptance but in high school nearly every girl and guy is trying to earn acceptance, or fit in to a clique, even if they say otherwise or seem act in a contrary manner, no one really truly wants to be on their own.

I was actually stuck in the same sort of problem that you are in for a really long time, and it wasnt until I realised that it was really just a fixation on the idea or a just... reluctance(?) to giving up the fantasy of being together (just in love with the dream rather than the person), that I "gave up" and it was after this freedom from the idealism and the aching that i found someone i really clicked with and cared about deeply.

All i can say is look at yourself and your feelings from a critical point of view and think if you really Love this girl, or is it something else?

Also after this, my friendship with the girl only got a lot better and easier because there wasnt the constant longing and having to keep up a facade to hold me back.

PS. Hes right - girls are ICKY.

ahEhahehaehahheHAEaeaehaEHhahe
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:53 PM       
Jin, you are truly a wise man
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:01 PM       
Jin and Skulhedface, you guys should be professional therapists!
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:12 PM       
Jeanette... I'd love to get paid for such a thing, but how easily could one follow my advice before one of my patients blurted out "but HEY! Didn't a girl you LIVED WITH and were essentially ENGAGED to for TWO YEARS dump you only to move in with another guy less than a whole WEEK later?!?" At least I'd have the authority to prescribe these people horrific drugs for pointing that out

But I'd do it. Anything to make $200 an hour hee hee hee
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:19 PM       
You'd be suprised how many therapists had a lot of personal problems. Its usually what motivates them to become therapists in the first place.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:30 PM       
Jamesman - Every girlfriend I've ever had has been my friend long before we had a relationship.