Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 04:06 PM        Ror
Quote:
And though that day is far off in coming, we can only get there if we get rid ourselves of such crutches as racial favouritism.
Totally.

I never went to college. I couldn't afford too. I did receive scholarships once I started marking Native American on my applications, but I just coudn't do it. I actually got pysically sick.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 04:11 PM        Hmmm
I would encourage you to take advantage wherever you can. There are too few clear sighted individuals out there with the education to back up their views. I'm not sure if I am one of them yet, but you certainly show the potential.

I realize this is a bit off the mark, but my philosophies have been straying towards the more Nietzsche end of the spectrum of late. I think perhaps, the ends can justify the means. All too often I see good efforts fail for their lack of duplicity.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 04:15 PM        Ror
You sound like my boyfriend......and my family.......
Mocker
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 04:23 PM       
I'll take that as a compliment
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 04:31 PM        Ror
It was.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 04:31 PM       
Quote:
I am of Irish descent. I cannot change it through denial or restraint, however, I can control my heterosexuality. I can be abstinate, or homosexual, or prey on small animals too slow to escape me. If something can be avoided, and it is not, it is chosen. That is why I see it as I do.
Hmm. Yes, but that's only taking sexual activity into consideration. I'm not having a lot of sex, but that doesn't mean I'm not a heterosexual. Sexual orientation/preference, despite the wording, is not based on sex, but on attraction. You say you can be homosexual, but that's not true. You can have sex with men, yes, but you can't be sexually and emotionally attracted to men to the point that you'd want a phsyical or emotional relationship with them - unless you're homosexual or bisexual. At least, this is how I see it.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 04:39 PM        SEX
I am actually more attracted to women then men. I like the curvy bits......
Mocker
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 04:41 PM       
I can grant you that point, however, one cannot be judged upon feelings or thoughts which they do not express. In the case of homosexuality, if the feeling or inclination is never acted upon, never expressed, then there will be no consequences.

It is the behaviour itself which prompts the reaction of discrimination, rather, it is not homosexuality itself which is discriminated against, but homosexual actions. For that reason, I say it is a choice.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 05:05 PM       
Quote:
I can grant you that point, however, one cannot be judged upon feelings or thoughts which they do not express. In the case of homosexuality, if the feeling or inclination is never acted upon, never expressed, then there will be no consequences.

It is the behaviour itself which prompts the reaction of discrimination, rather, it is not homosexuality itself which is discriminated against, but homosexual actions. For that reason, I say it is a choice.
This could quite possibly be the dumbest thing you have ever said in your entire life. Choice, my lily-white ass. I'm sure that all homosexuals chastise themselves daily for acting on thier impulses. "Damn this social ostracization and mass-condemnation! If only I had never fucked a man in the ass, I wouldn't be in this quandary!"

I'm not kidding, Ror. Go back and re-read what you wrote, and try to spot the total lack of logic. I'm not trying to be an outright prick here, man. I'm honestly dumbfounded by the stupidity of your statement.
________
Uggs

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:13 AM.
Mocker
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 05:30 PM       
Think about it Sspad. This is no different than the fat fuckers in denial of their own responsibility for their weight gain and instead attempting to sue McDonalds.

I'm not saying the choice is wrong, or invalid, or makes them less of a person. . .But it is willful. Everyone has to take responsibility for what they do. Not the feelings which inspire the actions, but the action itself.

Or do you think criminals have no choice in breaking the law? That murderers have no choice but to kill? How is this any different?

What if a priest said "Damn this social ostracization and mass-condemnation! If only I had never fucked a six year old boy in the ass, I wouldn't be in this quandary!"
Paul138 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 05:39 PM       
I've got an idea. Let's be racist against the Blue Man Group. If people feel inferior by having a small penis and being around a different color, who wouldn't hate them?
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
Think about it Sspad. This is no different than the fat fuckers in denial of their own responsibility for their weight gain and instead attempting to sue McDonalds.

I'm not saying the choice is wrong, or invalid, or makes them less of a person. . .But it is willful. Everyone has to take responsibility for what they do. Not the feelings which inspire the actions, but the action itself.

Or do you think criminals have no choice in breaking the law? That murderers have no choice but to kill? How is this any different?

What if a priest said "Damn this social ostracization and mass-condemnation! If only I had never fucked a six year old boy in the ass, I wouldn't be in this quandary!"
There's a big difference between someone eating at McDonald's and being gay. The impulse to have sexual intercourse, be it straight or gay, is perfectly natural, and a part of all of us. This is a totally weak comparison, Ror. You have to do a lot better than that.

Same with the comparison to murderers and child-molesters, Ror. Incidentally, I think these comparisons of yours are awfully telling as far as your subconscious is concerned. The urge to kill someone and the urge to fuck someone are way, WAY different. Two men or two women who have consensual sex with one another is quite different than me blowing your head off for disagreeing with me, and different from wanting to fuck small children.

Gotta go. Back later.
________
BODY SCIENCE

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:13 AM.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:12 PM       
not that this is on topic or anything, but the urge to kill is natural, the urge for hetero sex is natural, but the urge for homo sex is arguable.

i agree with ror here, you are judged by your actions, not the emotions, thoughts, beliefs, or reasons fueling them.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:42 PM        Ugh
Quote:
not that this is on topic or anything, but the urge to kill is natural, the urge for hetero sex is natural, but the urge for homo sex is arguable.

As someone who feels both hetro and homo sexual urges, I can tell you they are both natural and real. Unfortunately, we have been taught for a long long time that homosexual feelings aren't natural.
Many animals have homosexual urges as well.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:55 PM        Re: Ugh
Quote:
Many animals have homosexual urges as well.
This is what I was about to say.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 08:02 PM       
dang whered kal go? ..i still want to know what the hell he meant by 'if you dont like my avatar then stop playing video games'

people ARE animals
from the research ive seen homosexuality increases in percent with population crowding.. of course its everpresent in most species.. some think its a natural population control factor
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 08:41 PM       
I dig the black girls, oh so much more than the white girls.
I was so pleased to learn they were faster.
C'est, c'est, c'est vous I'm after.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 11:41 PM       
Evolution would say that homosexuality is NOT natural, because it does not serve to perpetuate the species. Just an observation. Not that I believe in evolution; I think it's a crock of convoluted shit.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 11:49 PM       
"Natural" in this case does not necessarily mean genetic.

And just how is evolution a "crock of convoluted shit"????
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 11:53 PM       
he might be a creationist, which i am. not one of those silly fucks that thinks the earth was created 5000 years ago, though.

natural doesnt necessarily mean genetic, but too many people take the definition of natural and twist it to meet their standards. any way you look at it, homosexuality is not natural in biological terms.

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 12:01 AM       
I am a creationist, but at the same time, even if I was a die-hard atheist, the theory of evolution is too illogical and too full of holes for me to believe. I'm sure you think the same about creationism, but that is not the issue here.

Yes, Italian, those people that believe the Earth was created 6000 years ago are idiots. I am someone that believes that science and creationism are not diametrically opposed. I believe the Earth is as old as science says it is.

But I cannot for one second find anything credible in the theory of evolution. I do believe in microevolution, but not that everything came from a single-celled organism.

The odds were calculated well into the trillions against it (I wish I could remember where I saw that). Anyway, back to the previous dicussion, already in progress.
Mocker
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 05:53 PM        Eh
Same with the comparison to murderers and child-molesters, Ror.

Actually, no its not. Homosexuality is an aberration from the norm, and so is child molestation, beastiality and the like. In fact, it is no different save in its acceptability within society. It is an inclination that is given in to, and not strictly natural. You mentioned my subconscious earlier so I will assume you know a bit about psychology - Therefore I will also assume you know that in most documented cases of studied homosexuality, it is (according to modern pundits, and not myself) not a biological need finding fulfillment, but experiences from early childhood raising and handling which have affected the individuals sexual desires.

You cite animals as a case for it being 'normal,' but I believe that is putting our standards for human behaviour rather low. Besides, animals are not strictly homosexual, and generally couple with the same gender out of lack of alternative, or seeking immediate gratification.
Mocker
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 06:52 PM       
Whether or not homosexuality is biological or social (I personally think it consists of both, and that it's too complex to reduce it to one component or the other) -- what is the harm? It's not like they're gassing Kurds.
Mocker
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 07:03 PM       
Quote:
The odds were calculated well into the trillions against it (I wish I could remember where I saw that).
Darwin's Black Box, by Michael Behe.

I haven't read it, but there are plenty of rebuttals to the text, so I'd hardly call the burden proved on your point.

Old Feb 9th, 2003, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapportioner
I haven't read it, but there are plenty of rebuttals to the text, so I'd hardly call the burden proved on your point.
You haven't read it but you are keen to make judgements against it anyway. Fantastic!

My favorite flaw in evolution is that there are only tertiary fossils and no fossils whatsoever that show progression. They've got a lizard and a bird, and something that's like a combination, but nothing at all in between. I guess they all just changed overnight.