Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 12:40 PM        Gulf War Syndrome
If there is a larger number of military people that come back with Gulf War Sydrome how do you think that this will be handled?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 01:20 PM       
We'll start shooting new bullets. Ones that hurt more.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 01:28 PM       
And landmines that, when stepped on, don't kill the person that stepped on them, but rather seek out all of that person's family members and choke them in their sleep.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 03:43 PM       
i don't see how they've managed to deny it thus far, but they have, so it seems thier tactic of deny and smear the questioners will continue.

it's probably considered patriotic to treat war injuries as such without exposing the origins of the injury.. ie you can be treated by government doctors until you claim the injuries are from depleted uranium. If a soldier starts to expose something wrong with the military they get slapped with lawsuits and threats because they are 'threatening national security' All soldiers complaints are handled in house.. if that's not satisfactory they have no recourse for they are 'government property' and as such can be sanctioned severely for speaking out.

i just hope that more people will speak up despite the pressure to silence them, we need more Doug Rokke's http://sf.indymedia.org/uploads/rokkethree28.ram
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 11:34 PM       
A lot of people HAVE been speaking up on this, but most of them are seriously patrotic, right wingers who aren't willing to slander our government just yet...even when they're critical of how they're being mistreated. .... but it just hasn't become a very trendy topic that's been exposed. Still --- There are entire books on the subject, and Congress has been hearing about it for a decade now....

The problem with it is there are too many different schools of thought about it. Uranium? Experimental Vaccines? Saddam's chemicals? Etc. Etc. Nobody can be sure. I talked with a Gulf War vet who ran one of the many organizations for victims of the syndrome, who told me he thought it was contagious... and he had strong evidence of why he's not just a kook. There are reports of exposure to the syndrome through shaking hands, or riding on the commercial airplanes supplied by Northwest to get troops to and from the Middle East. By the time I got done talking to him, I didn't even want to handle the newsletter he was supposed to be sending me. Plus the symptoms are so varied.... it's just a frightening mess.... and of all the reasons not to go into Iraq, that's one I rarely hear mentioned.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 12:42 PM        D.U. wont be going away
http://www.strike-the-root.com/cgi-l...631363;start=0

Death By Slow Burn -
How America Nukes Its Own Troops
What 'Support Our Troops' Really Means
By Amy Worthington
The Idaho Observer
4-16-3

On March 30, an AP photo featured an American pro-war activist holding a sign: "Nuke the evil scum, it worked in 1945!" That's exactly what George Bush has done. America's mega-billion dollar war in Iraq has been indeed a NUCLEAR WAR.

Bush-Cheney have delivered upon 17 million Iraqis tons of depleted uranium (DU) weapons, a "liberation" gift that will keep on giving. Depleted uranium is a component of toxic nuclear waste, usually stored at secure sites. Handlers need radiation protection gear.

Over a decade ago, war-makers decided to incorporate this lethal waste into much of the Pentagon's weaponry. Navy ships carrying Phalanx rapid fire guns are capable of firing thousands of DU rounds per minute.1 Tomahawk missiles launched from U.S. ships and subs are DU-tipped.2 The M1 Abrams tanks are armored with DU.3 These and British Challenger II tanks are tightly packed with DU shells, which continually irradiate troops in or near them.4 The A-10 "tank buster" aircraft fires DU shells at machines and people on the battlefield.5

DU munitions are classified by a United Nations resolution as illegal weapons of mass destruction. Their use breaches all international laws, treaties and conventions forbidding poisoned weapons calculated to cause unnecessary suffering.

Ironically, support for our troops will extend well beyond the war in Iraq. Americans will be supporting Gulf War II veterans for years as they slowly and painfully succumb to radiation poisoning. U.S and British troops deployed to the area are the walking dead. Humans and animals, friends and foes in the fallout zone are destined to a long downhill spiral of chronic illness and disability. Kidney dysfunction, lung damage, bloody stools, extreme fatigue, joint pain, unsteady gait, memory loss and rashes and, ultimately, cancer and premature death await those exposed to DU.

Award-winning journalist Will Thomas wrote: "As the last Gulf conflict so savagely demonstrated, GI immune systems reeling from multiple doses of experimental vaccines offer little defense against further exposure to chemical weapons, industrial toxins, stress, caffeine, insect repellent and radiation leftover from the last war. This is a war even the victors will lose."6

When a DU shell is fired, it ignites upon impact. Uranium, plus traces of plutonium and americium, vaporize into tiny, ceramic particles of radioactive dust. Once inhaled, uranium oxides lodge in the body and emit radiation indefinitely. A single particle of DU lodged in a lymph node can devastate the entire immune system according to British radiation expert Roger Coghill.7

The Royal Society of England published data showing that battlefield soldiers who inhale or swallow high levels of DU can suffer kidney failure within days.8 Any soldier now in Iraq who has not inhaled lethal radioactive dust is not breathing. In the first two weeks of combat, 700 Tomahawks, at a cost of $1.3 million each, blasted Iraqi real estate into radioactive mushroom clouds.9 Millions of DU tank rounds liter the terrain. Cleanup is impossible because there is no place on the planet to put so much contaminated debris.

http://www.strike-the-root.com/cgi-l...631363;start=0

it is contagious but it sounds like only from transfer of dust via clothing or fragments and sex.

the accusation they will be trying to squirm out of is that there is knowledge of these effects but willful use anyway resulting in a genocidal attack (whereever du is used) with the HUGE side effect of our own veterans bringing a nightmare back to thier families.

seems to me that this is a warcrime that two bushes and a clinton could be tried for, not to mention an impeachable offense.

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 03:43 PM       
Its funny how little the government is interested in hearing out the people that they had sent out to do the dirty work for them in the first place, and as if that wasn't bad enough, after the war they give the same "war hero's" a big hero Birdy, when they came back! Even the vets seem to know that, check out their site:

http://www.gulfwarvets.com/fame.htm

http://www.gulfwarvets.com/shame.htm