Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 04:22 AM        That which is going on in my life
Most of you who matter probably know about my bouts in years past with insanity, wherein I posed serious danger to myself and another. The fallout was that I was placed on medical leave of absence from the University of Chicago for two years on the grounds that I do well for one year at a different institution. I tried for a year at Indiana University, but medication problems kept me from doing very well at all. I got the medications fixed, but it was much too late to salvage my grades for that year. So, I took a year off then began summer studies.

In this time, I had been more than transparent about the dark aspects of my past with the strategy in mind that I couldn’t be faulted for hiding anything from anyone. I put up YouTube videos talking about it, I put my autobiography online, et cetera. Anyone who knew my name could Google it and learn every aspect of my life to now.

Out of two summer classes I took, I would talk to one of the teachers (who doesn’t yet have her PhD, she’s a grad student at the university) for general guidance with grad school ideas. I once asked if she knew of any faculty that would be able or interested in reading a book (I didn’t even say it was the one I wrote), so she Googled me at length and read my autobiography. I only ascertained this by tracing IP numbers to the IU server. This was followed by visits from the university’s police department to my webpage, then silence. In this time I had to submit an application for a formal admittance into the University Division, as I had to that point been an unclassified student and had to gain admission to return after a year of paltry performance. Summer studies are classified differently, so I was able to take those with no formal admittance.

Three months passed, including the completion of two summer classes. Then I was summoned to an appointment with the interim provost of IU, and he informed me that their understanding of what I had done in 2005 included injurious behavior, contrary to my affirmation on the application that I had never engaged in such activity. They said I was to be permanently denied matriculation on these grounds. When my parents played phone tag with a handful of people that made this decision, it was revealed that they based this entirely on a complaint leveled by the aforementioned teacher. They added that she felt she was in danger just for knowing me.

What I wonder is, how the hell could this not be construed as open discrimination against mental illness? I have never committed a felony nor had any convictions of any degree leveled against me. Yes, with the VT incident they have a right to be paranoid, but that doesn’t write them a blank check to fuck over whomever they want. I’ve been talking with the local Mental Health America office to see what they can do for me, but outlets WITHIN the university have told me that my best option is to sue them.

If assholes could fly, this school would be fucking O’Hare.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 07:12 AM       
Have you thought suing them? Or are you going to negotiate first and then take action?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 03:01 PM       
Sue sue sue!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 03:03 PM       
There's really no point in negotiations. Schools get so many threats and angry parents from all sides that a lawsuit is really the only way to make them pay attention.

And even then, not so much.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 05:30 PM       
so I'm guessing ND is out the window?

I'm not in the loop on your comings and goings right now because I can't install AIM on a federal laptop!
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 06:42 AM       
is there any way you could reason with the teacher who submitted the complaint? perhaps she could withdraw it - or would any attempt at contact just worsen your situation?
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 04:42 PM       
I think she might file for a restraining order and fail to procure one.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM       
There's a very fine line between genius and insanity *shrug*. And you sure as hell don't seem like another Cho.

I suggest you sue their asses off for dismissal without probable reason. Unless you wrote a plan of violence, feeling nervous around is you is not legal grounds for dismissal, regardless of the political climate.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM       
Kill them all
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM       
I can't do that, it's exactly what they're expecting. And I hate hearing "TOLD YOU SO!!" used against me.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM       
I thought you were like, super student! This changes everything!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 11:49 PM       
Hay guys, I'm making straight A's.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 03:24 AM       
IS: I'm still considering applying to ND, but the more I think about it the more it seems like a waste of time/money. I could perhaps talk to the people responsible for my dismissal to try to get them to really pull for me, but that seems like a rather odd scenario for all involved.

All things considered, I just want to put up with one more year of these twats then go back to Chicago. That's what I want. I don't have good grounds to think I'll get it, but that would give me relief.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 08:20 AM       
I checked your site but the autobiography was off line. You seem like a genius, what mental illness could you possibly have that would be a danger? If you don't mind me asking.