Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
It would have been more tactful to suddenly pan out and show that the entire series was just Mario's dream.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 07:30 PM       
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 07:36 PM       
Quote:
Mace Windu can kill the Emperor, but Yoda apparently can't?
Yoda was going to fuck up palpatine, but he kinda just quits after falling a couple times.

I like how the Emperor just randomly comes up with the name vader.
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 09:38 PM       
my opinion: this movie sucked and it was a good way for star wars to die.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 10:59 PM       
I like Ewan McGregor ;<

"Hey Anakin, it turns out some guy, somewhere, somehow, may have- from anecdotal evidence- learnt how to make people immortal! But he is dead now, like your girlfriend will be, in those dreams you havent told me about."

"Oh no! I must convert to the dark side and kill everyone i have ever known and loved."

"Lol okay."
Mocker
Old May 22nd, 2005, 11:46 PM       
jin hit the nail on the head.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 22nd, 2005, 11:53 PM       
padme saying "i'm pregnant" make me shudder.

made me feel like i was watching an afterschool special.

but that mario's dream thing is
Mocker
Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:13 AM       
someone posted this on another board

Quote:
There was no master plan for 6, 9 or even 3 movies back in the 70s. He wrote a screenplay, and the characters had some back-story. Any competent writer (and even some incompetent ones) give their characters back-story. Who are they, where did they come from, etc. That doesn't mean he had the idea for anymore than one movie.

They wanted Star Wars to seem like an old movie serial, so they made it seem like a chapter from a bigger story. Putting a "IV" at the beginning was pretty arbitrary.

In 1975 by Lucas' representatives contacted Alan Dean Foster to do the novelization of the first Star Wars film, plus an original sequel "Splinter of the Mind's Eye". There were no plans for a movie sequel at this point, and there wouldn't have been one without the box-office and merchandising success of the original film.

The entire storyline of the series is made up as it went along.

Alec Guinness' Obi-Wan was originally going to survive Episode IV. Check the pre-production sketch of the medal sequence. Why kill him off? No guarantee you'll get the good actor's to sign on for another movie (assuming you ever get to make one!)

Darth Vader wasn't Luke's dad until the end of filming Empire... or maybe Jedi. A script for Return of the Jedi was written in which Vader was not Luke's father—he was revealed as having lied in Empire Strikes Back. Lucas even claims that he allowed his collaborator, Leigh Bracket, to work on Empire Strikes Back without telling her the twist ending he had in mind…which is a fascinating definition of 'collaboration'.

Why was Luke attacked by an ice monster in Empire? Serious car crash messed up his face after the first movie. They needed to explain why the actor looked like a different guy.

Yoda didn't show up until a script writer's conference in 1980. Handy replacement for the killed off Ben.

Why did Yoda say Luke wasn't their last hope? Why was there "another"? Mark Hammill wanted more money (or something) and said he might not do anymore Star Wars films. If they couldn't work out a deal with him, they needed an out. Who was "the other"? Maybe it was Harrison Ford or Billy Dee Williams -- it didn't matter, it was a backup. It let Mark Hammill know he shouldn't get too demanding.

Leia certainly wasn't Luke's sister until filming Jedi. Why else would he have so much incestous love/kissing in the first 2 movies? Han Shooting first wasn't part of the original vision... but that WAS? Yeah. He needed another "Vader says something to make Luke angry" line, and that's what he picked. Keep in mind the voice actor (James Earl Jones) isn't doing his lines while David Prowse and Mark Hamill were doing their scenes. Hey, that means Leia could be "the other". Sweet!

Anyone who's made a movie and is married knows this to be true -- if you're working on a script, chances are you're going to ask your husband/wife for their opinion. Maybe get their feedback on the dialogue you've written. George Lucas' wife was ALSO the editor for the first Star Wars!

For the next couple of movies he had help with the scripts from other folk. Not the new trilogy though. That's allllll George.

No help with script writing. No backstory for the characters. No humbleness to take suggestions from others. No worries about not having the money to do a sequel. No worries about whether you'll have your actors for the next film.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:13 AM       

i actually liked it a lot.
and i'm that guy who was talking about how star wars sucked earlier (mostly because i havent actually seen it in awhile and i remember mainly the awful bits).

but yeah, way surprising, and i like how things tied up.
some dumb parts of course, but damn, it actually felt like a star wars movie for once..

isn't anakin a little too retarded to be the main cause for the the fall of the republic? that guy had dick for critical thinking skills. train a jedi, but tell him why it's as important as it's made out to be so that palpatine's cheaply construed nonsense could have easily been dismissed.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:47 AM       
Alrighty, it's now the featured movie review on the hompage of I-Mockery:
http://www.i-mockery.com/moviereview...ed.php?id=1403

Looking forward to seeing fanboys arguing about it in the comments section :o
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old May 23rd, 2005, 03:06 AM       
well, er, yes, i agree completely.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 05:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
someone posted this on another board

Quote:
There was no master plan for 6, 9 or even 3 movies back in the 70s. He wrote a screenplay, and the characters had some back-story. Any competent writer (and even some incompetent ones) give their characters back-story. Who are they, where did they come from, etc. That doesn't mean he had the idea for anymore than one movie.

They wanted Star Wars to seem like an old movie serial, so they made it seem like a chapter from a bigger story. Putting a "IV" at the beginning was pretty arbitrary.

In 1975 by Lucas' representatives contacted Alan Dean Foster to do the novelization of the first Star Wars film, plus an original sequel "Splinter of the Mind's Eye". There were no plans for a movie sequel at this point, and there wouldn't have been one without the box-office and merchandising success of the original film.

The entire storyline of the series is made up as it went along.

Alec Guinness' Obi-Wan was originally going to survive Episode IV. Check the pre-production sketch of the medal sequence. Why kill him off? No guarantee you'll get the good actor's to sign on for another movie (assuming you ever get to make one!)

Darth Vader wasn't Luke's dad until the end of filming Empire... or maybe Jedi. A script for Return of the Jedi was written in which Vader was not Luke's father—he was revealed as having lied in Empire Strikes Back. Lucas even claims that he allowed his collaborator, Leigh Bracket, to work on Empire Strikes Back without telling her the twist ending he had in mind…which is a fascinating definition of 'collaboration'.

Why was Luke attacked by an ice monster in Empire? Serious car crash messed up his face after the first movie. They needed to explain why the actor looked like a different guy.

Yoda didn't show up until a script writer's conference in 1980. Handy replacement for the killed off Ben.

Why did Yoda say Luke wasn't their last hope? Why was there "another"? Mark Hammill wanted more money (or something) and said he might not do anymore Star Wars films. If they couldn't work out a deal with him, they needed an out. Who was "the other"? Maybe it was Harrison Ford or Billy Dee Williams -- it didn't matter, it was a backup. It let Mark Hammill know he shouldn't get too demanding.

Leia certainly wasn't Luke's sister until filming Jedi. Why else would he have so much incestous love/kissing in the first 2 movies? Han Shooting first wasn't part of the original vision... but that WAS? Yeah. He needed another "Vader says something to make Luke angry" line, and that's what he picked. Keep in mind the voice actor (James Earl Jones) isn't doing his lines while David Prowse and Mark Hamill were doing their scenes. Hey, that means Leia could be "the other". Sweet!

Anyone who's made a movie and is married knows this to be true -- if you're working on a script, chances are you're going to ask your husband/wife for their opinion. Maybe get their feedback on the dialogue you've written. George Lucas' wife was ALSO the editor for the first Star Wars!

For the next couple of movies he had help with the scripts from other folk. Not the new trilogy though. That's allllll George.

No help with script writing. No backstory for the characters. No humbleness to take suggestions from others. No worries about not having the money to do a sequel. No worries about whether you'll have your actors for the next film.
Some of that is true, but a lot is lore passed on from one internet message board to another and either completely twisted out of shape or untrue to begin with. Some good points, but paying any attention to what this guy is going on about is pointless since you can't know exactly what's bullshit or not.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:35 AM       
Quote:
Quote:
Yoda was going to fuck up palpatine, but he kinda just quits after falling a couple times.

Mace Windu wasn't good enough to kill the Emperor. The Emperor was playing down his powers to influence Anakin. It worked. He didn't have to kill Mace. Anakin did.
Mocker
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:38 PM       
I think that the emperor was really giving it his all because if he was holding back he'd probably woulda wanted to keep his pretty face to talk to the senate.

But the only reason the Emperor got anywhere was because he was alot smarter. and by smarter I mean he was a psychic and knew what was going on in all parts of the universe at all times.

It still bothers me that Anakin doesn't feel fucked over, after his wife dies and all
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:08 PM       
well, he used his disfigurement as proof that the jedi attacked him, so i think it work more in his favor than anything else.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 23rd, 2005, 04:03 PM       
actually, i read somewhere in an interview with hammil that when lucas originally approached him with the movie idea, it was set out to be 9 films.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 04:32 PM       
I actually think that Palpatine was always that ugly and was using the Dark Side to cover up the fact that his Dark Side prowess made him uglier than Rosie O'Donnel whose face had just been gone over with a chainsaw.

Just remember that Anakin got weird eyes and everything when he turned to the Dark Side.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:58 PM       
Yep, the dark side alters one's appearance with frequent use. The only sith lords that look good are the pussies who never use their powers.
xenosoul is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain
Quote:
Quote:

Mace Windu wasn't good enough to kill the Emperor. The Emperor was playing down his powers to influence Anakin. It worked. He didn't have to kill Mace. Anakin did.
Exactly!! Im suprised some people didnt get that.
xenosoul is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:39 PM       
Heres the couple of things I liked disliked about this film.

I did not like the fact that general grievous got his ass kicked so quick, and the same goes for all the jedi that got murdered. I mean what the hell was that? A jedi master that cant take out a few clone troopers is something that shouldnt exist. In episode two I saw the same jedi's take out an army of battle droids and what not, but here they cant take out like 7 clone troopers. Bullshit...
Another thing that pissed me off was that when anakin fought obi-wan they had the same color lightsabers.. I guess the only choice for a jedi who is not a master is blue.
The emperors disfigurement was way too rubbery.. It was like his skin was made of wax when it was melting.

Some of the things I really liked was when general grievous pulled out not 3 lightsabers, but 4. Even the way he fought was killer, too bad he got his ass whooped so quick cause I really think that battle could have been more fruitful.

I liked the way anakin just started obeying on the emperors demand. There where not any questions asked at all. Kill the jedi? Ok. Kill the sepratists? No problem. When anakin was a jedi all he did was think about things. I think its much better for anakin to not think at all and take his orders like a man. Surely if he would have done this as a jedi he would have eventually ranked as a master jedi.

I really loved this movie. Its easily the best of the first three.. As far as favorite go I think Empire and Jedi are always going to be my favorites.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:04 PM       
Heathens and sinners, depart from this movie, or you will go to Hell! JESUS is the Force!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:19 PM       
ha ha ha! lol!
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:54 PM       
OMG thats the funniest thing I've ever read! I wanna get beamed up to Capitan Jesus! Don't get me wrong, I'm christian, but shit on a shingle that was stupid!
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:03 PM       
haha holy crap

I've only posted two movie reviews ever and both of them made the spotlight!

thanks rog and staff lol
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2005, 11:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenosoul
Another thing that pissed me off was that when anakin fought obi-wan they had the same color lightsabers.. I guess the only choice for a jedi who is not a master is blue.
I thought that showed a nice contrast between the two jedi, almost like anakin clinging onto the good part of him by a last thread.

Also the jedi got their asses kicked by the clone troopers so easily because they were just caught off guard. Not the best excuse, but still...

I thought it was pretty powerful when you saw the clone troopers and the conehead guy running on the snowy bridge and you know what's gonna happen, then you see their boots stop and the look in that jedi's face and bang. I got a little icky chill then.

I squealed with delight when anakin was about to kill the younglings. Jin did a perfect screenplay of anakin's leanings toward the dark side, but I thought they handled his first evil deeds very well.

What did they mean about qui-gon and learning to commune with the dead? Did Qui-Gon discover how to appear as that blue spirit? I guess he wasn't so useless after all....

I really liked all the extra violence in this one. It wasn't ridiculous Kill Bill violence but enough to give the movie what it needed. Yoda's javelin lightsaber, his decapitations, Dooku's losing both hands and execution, Anakin's losing all his limbs at once and immolation.

And the Emperor's forehead looked like a butt

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist