Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 07:19 PM       
it was okay, but I'm sick of hamfisted iraq analogies in blockbusters. I couldn't believe that the phrase "shock and awe" came so soon after the line "we'll fight terror with terror."
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM       
I movie that is solely reliant on 3d cgi doesn't sound very fun.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 09:29 PM       
I probably won't see it - 3D movies give me a headache, and I don't see the thrill in seeing "Call Me Joe" in 2D for 2 hours and 41 minutes, when it takes only about a half hour to read the short story.
You may already be there.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 06:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor View Post
it was okay, but I'm sick of hamfisted iraq analogies in blockbusters. I couldn't believe that the phrase "shock and awe" came so soon after the line "we'll fight terror with terror."
agreed. the talk of pre meditated attack was pushing it already but when they said we need to fight terror with terror, for no reasopn whats so ever, i def rolled my eyes
Mocker
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 06:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I movie that is solely reliant on 3d cgi doesn't sound very fun.
Its a visual treat. The plot is something you will be able to sit through. You use your eyes to look at a movie and this one happens to be very pretty and fun to look at. It relies heavily on the 3d just like movies rely on pretty action sequences nowadays( see sherlock holmes)
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM       
I don't want to see Holmes either. I feel sorry for the kid who is gonna try to read any Holmes after seeing the movie, the book will be to smart for him.
Mocker
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 07:23 PM       
No kid is going to try to read sherlock holmes after seeing the movie so don't worry. Most kids don't go out and look for books after seeing a movie they enjoyed which happened to be adapted from a book.

edit: most (American) kids don't read books for enjoyment period.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 07:42 PM       
This movie is still fucking stupid.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 08:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor View Post
I thought they were supposed to be Native Americans. Or Africans.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM       
I fell asleep during this movie and had a dream about my ex-girlfriend turning into a cat that wanted to kill me, but then I had a double-barreled shotgun and I beat the fuck out of her. Then I woke up and saw blue people dying and a hammerhead shark with legs beating up robots and then I threw up.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 09:24 PM       
My sister saw the movie. When she came home, she said "I want to be an Avatarrr".

I hear if you shoot someone where the spine meets the skull, it'll be a painless death.

DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 05:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES View Post
This movie is still fucking stupid.
I believe you have made your point. Reiterating it over and over again won't make you sound smart or funny.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
My sister saw the movie. When she came home, she said "I want to be an Avatarrr".

I hear if you shoot someone where the spine meets the skull, it'll be a painless death.
you can also slip her some sleeping pills

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 11:08 AM       
okay so, last night i went to see avatar in imax and 3d. we got there two hours in advance, but they were sold out, like completely, they'd been sold out forever, but the ticket dude pulled us aside and sold us them anyway. (yay!)

so we get our tickets, and we're planning on leaving, going to do w/e for two hours, but then we see the line. the nerd line for those that were there three hours in advance just to get a center seat. so instead of leaving, we start talking to some of the people in the line, who tell us that if we don't get in the line, we probably won't even be able to sit together.

anyway, the film itself was spectacular and i'm not just saying that because i got an awesome viewing experience -- it was really great. i'm incredibly picky and i haven't enjoyed a movie in years. my only complaints with this were some cheesy dialog and the
Spoilers!

definitely go check this out, even if you don't like it, it's worth seeing just for the alice in wonderland trailer. :3 (just remember to get there early and wear a helmet)

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 11:21 PM       
It was nice, but I really think that if you took away the special effects then the movie would just be mediocre.

Anyway, the ending just dragged on. It's like Titanic - yeah it's good, but after awhile you want to shout "God! Are you going to get off the boat now or what?"
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
I believe the Germans called that a 'Noodle.'
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 11:42 AM       
The 3-D/Imax must really add something because when I see all the trailers it looks no different to me than that Star Wars clone wars thing they show on Cartoon Network all the time. The characters even look the same.
Bitch-Slap
Zombie Loaf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 01:09 PM       
I seriously doubt that anyone will really care about this movie in ten years. Special effects outclass themselves every year so what seems amazing today is going to look god damn awful down the road. It doesn't matter how much cash you blindly throw at it, without a memorable story and heart you have nothing. Hollywood blockbusters lack just that, story and heart.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM       
I wonder if there is Avatar furrie fanfic yet.
Bitch-Slap
Zombie Loaf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I wonder if there is Avatar furrie fanfic yet.
Well this is the internet we're talking about so, yeah...I'd be surprised if there wasn't.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM       
I know i'm late to the party, but I liked it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 02:49 PM       
I know a few scientologist that love it.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 09:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
The 3-D/Imax must really add something because when I see all the trailers it looks no different to me than that Star Wars clone wars thing they show on Cartoon Network all the time. The characters even look the same.
yeah i think you're right about the characters i'm not sure exactly how/why, but the avatar people look absolutely ridiculous on my television - while on the theatre screen they looked kinda like awesomely godly smurfs.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Banned
jonemere is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 02:09 AM       
I saw this movie at last night. I thought it was pretty movie. It is the best movie of the year. It was entertaining and enjoyable movie. Awesome movie. I really enjoyed.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 10:47 PM       
I really enjoyed this. It had a weak generic story, and the iraq/native american metaphors were artlessly obvious, but the emotional development was excellent so when we got to the action it had a terrific satisfying punch to it. All of these things would make a mediocre film, but the visuals were just so outstanding they ended up in the backseat and more served to flesh out the movie properly. It didn't feel at all like I was watching a cartoon, as most cg film feel like to me.
I'd watch it again.