Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 10:24 PM       
I predict at least two monster windmill/somersault combo dunks by Kurt Rambis...with glasses off!

Last edited by WhiteRat : Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:28 PM.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 10:34 PM       
Bah, McHale will shut him down.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 04:39 AM       
well, grats Boston
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 05:24 AM       
Wow last night's game was pretty ridiculous... celtics couldn't have done it better in closing out the series as well as the season with a good old fashioned blow out. It happens when everyone is playing so well as a team like they have all year. The lakers were nonexistent. Last night felt like it was just another game and it hasn't hit me yet, not even when they were handed the trophy. I'm sure it will as the day goes on as I read articles written by the majority of sport analysts and critics who picked the lakers over the celtics.
say what now?
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 09:02 AM       
Two points I want to make about the sport analysts and the critics...

they failed to realize that in basketball, defense trumps offense.

kobe bryant is not the new michael jordan. Wouldnt be surprised to see his confidence has been shattered.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM       
The Lakers just couldn't win with the way they showed up in this series. They had to take al 3 at home if they wanted a shot. They failed. The Lakers should have taken advantage of the gassed Celtics and came out aggressively like Boston did to them. They failed. Come to find out The Lakers are who we thought they were. This is a reflection that the east as a division is much tougher than everyone gave them credit for. And the west... well, it may be a long dry spell for the west, as Cleveland, Boston, and Detroit are the primary competition in the NBA
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 08:59 PM       
Do you really think this is an indication of how good the East is or is this just an indication how god damn dominating the CELTICS were this year. I'll take the latter. Aside from the three teams you mentioned, who else in the east can compete with the top teams in the west?
say what now?
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 10:34 PM       
The Lakers are a good team, but the celtics are simply better. They played the way they did last night all season. I think there were a lot of anxiety in celtics during the beginning of this postseason because everyone had high expectations and most part of the celtics lacked postseason experience. Then they've found their touch sometime in the detroit series. And by god, they completely outplayed, overpowered L.A., and emotionally wrecking them like they did to western teams during the season. You have to remember, celtics were 16-0 against western prior to the all start break. When Odom complained to the refs that the celtics were being too physical last night, I knew that L.A. had given up on them. I think the lakers and charlotte hornets will emerge next season. The celtics will repeat in 2009 if the team stays together.
say what now?
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 07:11 AM       
oops i keep forgetting that hornets moved to new orleans.

in case anyone was wondering, 22 people had been arrested in the celtics celebration in boston, including this well known rapist.

'Eligible Bachelor' Arrested After Celtics' Win
Zerola Charged With Assaulting Police Officer
POSTED: 12:32 pm EDT June 18, 2008

BOSTON -- A lawyer who was acquitted of two rape charges after being named one of People magazine's "Most Eligible Bachelors" was arrested Wednesday and charged with hitting a police officer who confronted him for urinating in public.

Gary Zerola, 36, was arrested near Faneuil Hall about 1:45 a.m., as fans celebrated the Celtics' victory in the NBA Finals.

Zerola unbuttoned his pants and turned toward the corner of a building, according to a police report filed by Sgt. David O'Connor.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...s=bos&psp=news

more arrests are to be expected today during the celtics rolling rally in the city...wish i could ditch work and go...
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 07:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Do you really think this is an indication of how good the East is or is this just an indication how god damn dominating the CELTICS were this year. I'll take the latter. Aside from the three teams you mentioned, who else in the east can compete with the top teams in the west?
That's just it though. Name me any team in the west that isn't full of holes that has a chance against the best the east has to offer. San Antonio and Phoenix are running retirement communities that happen to play basketball, New Orleans proved that they piss their pants when it counts, LA is just one man and a lot of inept decoration around said one man. The Jazz might be able to compete, if they could ever win outside Utah. And that's the best the west has to offer against three teams that have overwhelming defense. The defense of the east teams will do for the NBA what the Spread did for college football.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 08:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
That's just it though. Name me any team in the west that isn't full of holes that has a chance against the best the east has to offer. San Antonio and Phoenix are running retirement communities that happen to play basketball, New Orleans proved that they piss their pants when it counts, LA is just one man and a lot of inept decoration around said one man. The Jazz might be able to compete, if they could ever win outside Utah. And that's the best the west has to offer against three teams that have overwhelming defense. The defense of the east teams will do for the NBA what the Spread did for college football.
I would hardly consider the Spurs, Lakers, or the Suns teams that are "full of holes". You want full of holes? Take a look at the teams dwelling in the cellar. 50 win teams are not full of holes. Oh, and the Cavaliers are stacked with talent right? There's a one man show you might have overlooked.

So you really believe that this brand new mindblowing eastern style D will revolutionize the way the NBA is played?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 08:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
So you really believe that this brand new mindblowing eastern style D will revolutionize the way the NBA is played?
Well yes actually, or at least, it will bring the NBA back to how it was before they banned zone defense.

Understand that as things stand now, LA is the best the west has to offer, and they were made to look like a high school team because of Boston's D.

What I think will actually happen is this off season a ton of teams will mimick the 'D first' style that the east seems to have embraced. If I had to guess, Dallas will be the first to mimick because Cuban wants a title nore than anything, and he likely saw the same thing I saw, and will react accordingly.
say what now?
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 08:26 AM       
Word around the campfire is that the lakers have offered jimmy posey a 4 year contract worth $25 mil. I'm betting he will take the deal. It would be a big blow to the celtics. He was the spirit of the team. He could do it all, defend, shoot 3 pointers, dive for loose balls. It would make sense for the lakers to go after a guy like that to fill the void. I'm thinking that posey is turning himself into a journeyman and wanting to find new challenges on different teams in winning championships. That I can respect.

Btw, 21 more people got arrested at thursday's rolling rally in the city.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM       
Hot rumour in the streets today is that the Wolves are interested in trading their number 3 pick to the Bobbies for Adam "Mr. Mustachio" Morrison and an undisclosed draft pick. I like Morrison, but we need a big man so that Jefferson can back to the 5 spot. Problem is, Brook Lopez is not worthy of the third pick.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 11:13 PM       
Poor little man - not a sheriff anymore.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wo...r=Timberwolves

EDIT: How about that, WR, from a Minneapolis paper no less!

What do the Wolves have to do with Mr. O'Neal anyway?
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 05:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Poor little man - not a sheriff anymore.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wo...r=Timberwolves

EDIT: How about that, WR, from a Minneapolis paper no less!

What do the Wolves have to do with Mr. O'Neal anyway?
Looks like they copy/pasted the story from the AP. I saw that story on yahoo last night. While it has no bearing on MN at all, I am sure the T-wolves sports site posted it because let's face it, what else of note is going on in all of sports now that the NBA finals are over

That being said, they did find a way to bridge my topic into WhiteRat's T-wolves news. That in itself is amazing
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM       
Quote:
[W]hat else of note is going on in all of sports now that the NBA finals are over[?]
The Wimbledon recently got bumped - First round is over, and the Americans aren't hanging their heads in shame (at least not yet).

Pub's girl (Marina Erakovic) made it to the second round. In straight sets, no less. Is she the only Kiwi in the tournament this year?

(Yeah, I know it's off topic. I promise I won't bring tennis into the NBA thread again. Really.)

In other NBA news, D-day is tomorrow. Hoo-Rah!

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jun 25th, 2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: off-topic crap - sorry
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 11:05 PM       
Quote:

That being said, they did find a way to bridge my topic into WhiteRat's T-wolves news. That in itself is amazing
I think the universe is going to collapse on it's self now.

There's a good chance that the Wolves end up taking Mayo with the third pick. We've invested two first rounders in the guard position in the last 3 drafts but Mayo has more potential than McCants and Foye. Mayo has his baggage, but supposedly the greatest executive ever Kevin McHale says he's legit.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 08:04 PM       
Rose to the Bulls, Beasley to the Heat, and Mayo the Wolves. In other draft related news, Richard Jefferson was traded to the Bucks for that chinese Yi guy.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 08:46 PM       
I still have to wait awhile for the Sixers to pick. Nice, although obvious move by McHale and the Wolves, WR. You'll be better next year already.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 12:23 AM       
With the 16th pick, the Sixers select ..... Marreese Speights.

Excuse me, but who? I didn't see him projected as a potential pick in any of our local rags. Either that makes the Sixers geniuses for picking a great project player, or the newspapers and me doofuses for not seeing it as the obvious choice. After all, ESPN had him rated as the 16th best pick.

Chad Ford likes him - but he also calls him a "poor man's Elton Brand". I don't like any commentary on a player my team drafted in the first round describing him as a "poor man's" anything.

And furthermore, why doesn't he buy himself a real first name with that fat contract he's gonna get?
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 06:54 AM       
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE fuck you Mchale!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 02:26 PM       
John Hollinger of ESPN thinks this could be good for the Wolves:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ve-Mayo-080627

But, he prefaces the story with the phrase "Wait ... did Kevin McHale just make a good trade?" - the implication is obvious. So I'm with you, WR, until proven innocent, McHale is still a dick.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM       
No, this deal is not good for the Wolves. Love is a future role player while Mayo has all-star potential. Scouts across the league have said time and time again that Love doesn't have a high ceiling and that he's not going to get much better than what he is. Drafting Love also forces the 6'9" Al Jefferson to play out of position once again at the 5 spot. We are going to get roasted in in the paint. This team simply has no size.

Fans in Minnesota are irate. Drafting Mayo gave the fans the first real excitement since the days of KG, and of course, McFuck manages to fuck up this draft as well, much like:

1996 - Trading Ray Allen for Stephon Marbury on draft night
1997 - Drafting a bum kneed center in the 1st round named Paul Grant (don't think he ever played a game)
2003 - Passing on Josh Howard for some fuckstick named Ndudi Ebi
2006 - Trading Randy Foye for Brandon Roy on draft night

Also, he seems to care more about helping the Celtics win a championship than he does his own team. McHale has done a wonderful job driving the team into the ground and alienating what little fan base was left after the KG trade.

Last edited by WhiteRat : Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:03 AM.