Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 08:56 PM        The Simpsons
Tonight's episode was better than the other ones. The 2nd half was a bit stale though. :/
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 09:01 PM       
Marge is boring and annoying now. They have to make every episode about her though because of the fact they have made tons of episodes about every other character.

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 09:53 PM       
Why not Maggie? Come to think of it, that would also be really boring :/
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:06 PM       
All i have to say is ...Ugh.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:59 PM       
They should age the simpson's 5 years, it'd open up shitloads of un-retarded plot oppurtunitys. They wouldn't even have to announce it or anything, they'd just change it and act like it's been that way forever.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 02:22 AM       
I haven't seen it yet, but I've got it recorded and will watch it shortly...I really don't expect to laugh at all. I haven't laughed at a new episode in years.

Edit: I just watched it and it was probably the worst episode, ever. I almost turned it off but I can't stand missing an episode of the simpsons. I really, really want the show to end soon, but it's supposed to go on for another 2 seasons after this.

That was very funny. Well done.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 08:05 AM       
Heh, I guess I haven't been missing out on anything since my TV hasn't been hooked up for the past year.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 12:25 PM       
I never thought I'd say this, but after this season, I may just stop watching the show altogether. It's well past it's prime, and every season since 1998-99, it's gotten worse. It doesn't need me to keep them afloat. I'm content with getting the older episodes on DVD. I could probably wait for the later episodes until reruns.

error is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 12:27 PM       
It's because they are running out of ideas. If you have noticed ever show is either about Drugs or sex. It's just not a turn I wanted the simpsons to take.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 04:09 PM       
What movie theme was playing after Marge beat up everyone in Moe's? I want to download it... Also, the scene where Marge beat up her mugger was exactly out of the Godfather, but the Clerks cartoon had already done that exact joke.

Psycho Squid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:03 PM       
The Tetris scene in that episode was funny as hell. Other than that, that was really a shitty episode compared to the other episodes this season.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:12 PM       
Yeah, I've noticed the simpsons actually steal jokes from better shows too. In one episode, homer tries to pull a fonzy by hitting a juke box and it breaks and he bleeds all over the place. On family guy peter hit the juke box once, it did nothing so he hit it again and got glass in his hand. I hated this last episode even more than I normally would because they bastardized some classic songs with their lame jokes.

Edit (a day later): I don't remember if it was the newest episode or the one after it, where krusty's made out to look bad or something, but that "parody" of "who let the dogs out" was the dumbest thing I've ever seen on the show, ever. I hate that fucking song so a lame joke got even worse. I think marge even said something like "Now that's good satire". If they think that's what good satire is, it's painfully obvious the show should just quit before it becomes "a bad show" and not just "bad for a season of the simpsons". It's fucking sad though, because I've been watching since season one started and it's always been my favorite show.

Facekicker is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 03:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tenenbaum
Also, the scene where Marge beat up her mugger was exactly out of the Godfather
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it.
Vomit is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington
I think marge even said something like "Now that's good satire". If they think that's what good satire is, it's painfully obvious the show should just quit before it becomes "a bad show" and not just "bad for a season of the simpsons".
I think they meant that as a joke.
The Wolf
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vomit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington
I think marge even said something like "Now that's good satire". If they think that's what good satire is, it's painfully obvious the show should just quit before it becomes "a bad show" and not just "bad for a season of the simpsons".
I think they meant that as a joke.
Could be, but if you look at the recent episodes...it's hard to tell

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:28 PM       
Words cannot describe the rage that overcame me when I tried to explain to my sister exactly how shitty the simpsons is these days, and one of her arguments was "If it's so crappy why did you buy the first two seasons on DVD!?"
BECAUSE THEY'RE 13 YEARS OLD AND THE SIMPSONS IS 5 YEARS PAST IT'S FUCKING SELL BY DATE SLUT.

Ugh, yeah, I saw that one with Homer and the jukebox too...they over did it and it wasn't as funny as the family guy version though.
Also, when they all got up on the bar and started singing...I literally get embarrassed watching it these days. Homer is a totally different character, it's just not funny anymore..and they're still winning awards?
If people could just realize that you don't HAVE to watch it and turn off their tv sets when it comes on, maybe they would have been cancelled by now.
Infact, I don't want the simpsons to just end, I want it to be cancelled. I want them to realize exactly how much they've fucked everything up, I want them to realize what a mistake they've made, when they've taken possibly the best show in tv history and gotten it cancelled. Nothing would satisfy me more.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 07:52 PM       
Agreed, some of the jokes are just downright embarassing now.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:02 AM       
Agreed. Plus they need to do more about the secondary characters. Well, if they expect the next two years to be watchable. Meanwhile, they need to cut it off with all the 'wacky' stuff happening to a character of the week.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:07 AM       
they should make an episode that's totally about that fat texan guy who waves his hat an says yee haw a lot. he's th best.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:09 AM       
Nah, I meant either Burns and Smithers, Seymour and Edna....not the one-note characters that are being run into the ground to attempt to make up the lack of Phil Hartman.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:04 PM       
I'd like to see an episode revolving around Gil or Professor Frink. I don't know, maybe they've done them already. I only watch it on Sundays when I remember to. It's not exactly the event that it used to be, especially after Family Guy started up. At least that show had some real balls.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Lord Felch Demon
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:47 PM       
I don't think they should do any episodes about minor characters liek Frink, Gil or Rich Texan. That would ruin all the novelty.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 05:16 PM       
And novelity's all they have left.

And whatever happens, the Simpsons should stop making light of the fact that they're a show. It's wasn't funny in the first place and making jokes about selling out while actually selling out does not make the whole practice smart or any less annoying.

Sledge is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 02:37 PM       
The show has been on the downfall since 1997 and season 14 has been lame but i still watch in hope
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 02:54 PM       
Well, Season 14 hasn't been all that good but at least it's somewhat better than the last two or three ones. Except for that Marge bodybuilder episode and the increasingly awful Halloween specials. They might as well just do a Tall Tales episode every Easter and let the Halloween special die.