Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 05:48 AM        New direction for Superman.
Looks like the runaway success of The Dark Knight has made the folks at WB second guess the direction their Superman franchise was headed. I can't wait to see how it turns out. It could be spectacularly shitty.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/su...ws.php?id=7609
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 06:04 AM       
sheesus 'returns' wasnt bad at all just make a better sequel goddamn
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM       
I really enjoyed Superman Returns. These guys ARE MORONS
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 12:31 PM       
Quote:
Movies featuring Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman are all in active development.
And all of them will be awful.

I didn't like Superman Returns. In addition to being boring, Superman didn't so much save the day as NOT DIE. Just about the only action we saw between him and the bad guys was him being beat up. Having said that, a "brooding" Superman sounds even worse.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM       
Superman Returns was one of the worst superhero movies ever. I thought that it was going to be pretty awesome at the start when he stops the airplane from crashing into the stadium, but after that he goes all emo.

Plus his kid is a wimp.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 07:23 PM       
Im read that they wanted to make all the new movies darker in tone because dark knight did so well. I don't think you can make a ''dark'' superman movie.

I thought they cancelled the green lantern movie because the creator found out they had Jack Black playing GL, and were going to make it akin to the Mask movie.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 09:33 PM       
i think superman only needs a bad guy who can fight him i really hate the strongest hero fighting against a man who sits on a desk

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 09:35 PM       
They make a Superman movie with Darkseid yet?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 10:32 PM       
What these retards don't get is that the dark tone is something that very much suits Batman and always has. Trying to make Superman and the others the same way is just stupid. Jack Black as GL is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard though.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 11:23 AM       
This doesn't sound very good but Superman Returns was fucking terrible. Superman is standing on a planet size piece of kyrponite and still has his powers

so bad. Besides the incredible shit that was Miami Vice, SR is one of the worst movies ive seen in theaters in awhile.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM       
Um, he didn't have his powers at that point. That's kind of how Luthor was able to casually walk up and stab him.

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 05:20 PM       
Yeah really. I would be okay with him keeping his powers if it meant he got to actually do something.
Mocker
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 03:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Um, he didn't have his powers at that point. That's kind of how Luthor was able to casually walk up and stab him.
Um,
well i thought since kyrponite is his only weakness that he be alot more harmed then how he was. but then again i vaguely remember that shit movie and i never really gave a damn about superman anyways so Um,
Mocker
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 03:48 PM       
Um, I think this si what I meant " Superman, after regaining his strength from the sun, lifts the landmass by putting layers of earth between him and the Kryptonite." I guess I didn't realize he put layers of earth between him and the huge piece of his only weakness that somehwow doesn't even harm him very much if he is stabbed with a piece in the back. Um, so still gay.
The Wolf
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM       
Maybe you're just an idiot.

Mocker
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 07:24 PM       
Um, maybe.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 04:10 PM       
RIP DIMEBAG, RIP.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 11:51 AM       
I remember hearing some bizarre rumor about the Wonder Woman movie. And who to put on the wonderbra? CHLOE SEVIGNY.

So what, will she put the lasso of truth to a crook and ask them if they really, REALLY need a blowjob?

j/k fuck them
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 12:49 PM       
I'm sick of reboot ideas of movies that only came out a few years ago. These studios are pushing for too many mulligans.
Crazy dog woman
the Platinum Poppy is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM       
I liked Superman Returns. I think it makes sense to make him into a kind of Jesus figure (although Singer pressed that point unnecessarily hard into our faces), since he's always been the archetype of a good guy. The darkest thing about him is that he doesn't save so many people. He hears people all over the world praying for rescue all the time, and yet he spends time doing mundane people things like having an ordinary job and flirting with Lois Lane while people are dying around him (well, even the other side of the Earth would count as "around him" with the powers he has). But that's also sort of a God-like problem, that you don't save everyone in the world. (Although it's a little analogous to how we all use money to buy mundane things, when we presumably could save lives if we gave everything we now spend on unnecessary stuff to medicin sans frontiers or something like that instead.)
Obviously everyone doesn't like Superman. Perhaps too few people like him to make Superman movies really profitable. Well, in that case, don't make more Superman movies then... Trying to remake him into some kind of flying Dark Knight would just be ridiculous.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 08:38 PM       
Same here on the Liking Superman returns boat. It was a pretty good movie, and what i expected from a superman movie. They dont need to Reboot superman, just put him up against a real villian this time, maybe Brainiac 13 or Darksied (or Doomsday if they want to do that lame story).

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM       
I think a Superman movie with Brainiac would be good.
Crazy dog woman
the Platinum Poppy is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:10 PM       
Singer originally said in interviews that he'd make a second Superman movie with more action... nothing wrong with that idea as far as I can tell.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:34 AM       
Maybe he should just stick to X-Men.
The Wolf
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:40 AM       
Superman Returns was fine. Fuck, people. You'd think you'd be a little more appreciative of superhero movies that don't completely suck after daredevil, elektra, spider-man 3, x-men 3, and the fantastic four movies. It was lacking in action but it wasn't BAD.