Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 08:46 PM        Starcraft II
On the fence about whether to buy this one or not. I liked the first one a lot, but it doesn't really hold up to current RTS titles. I'm afraid that SCII will just be more of the same but with prettier visuals. This is just me speculating though because I have absolutely ZERO knoweldge on SCII. Haven't read anything, and I've only seen a few little videos here and there.

Anyone buy this yet? Play it?

Give it to me straight. dnt fancy it up grlz
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 11:00 PM       
it sucks
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 11:04 PM       
that's as straight as it gets i only want the protoss campaing so i'll wait for the third release wich will probably get more stuff than the other 2

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM       
Why did the have to splice it up? Also, I'm not sure my computer can even run it.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 10:51 AM       
Because they are run by Activision now and are some greedy fucks?
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 11:58 AM       
Don't buy it, just play SC1. It's virtually identical, only with battle.net being shoved down your throat for literally everything except for the campaign. The new units are not worth all the added frustration.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 01:09 PM       
i also dislike greatly the lack of lan support

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 12:46 PM       
LAN support is so 1999
taco loving zombie
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 01:37 PM       
i was wondering do heroes level up like in warcraft 3?

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM       
thnx yall

figured as much
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 08:24 PM       
ps i havent played it lol
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 08:26 PM       
To celebrate the release of Starcraft 2, I went and bought Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. Been playing that for a while.
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 04:12 PM       
So whats the real word on this? Or is this going to just stay a big pity party that they didnt improve on perfection aside from better graphics?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM       
I've always hated Starcraft. But I'm told that it's more better than 1.
taco loving zombie
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 05:02 PM       
so do heroes level up?

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 10:25 AM       
My roommate likes it and he still plays warcraft III like its his job.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 11:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
To celebrate the release of Starcraft 2, I went and bought Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. Been playing that for a while.
Good.
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 01:08 PM       
So a friend of mine picked this up and I had a chance to play the first few levels. I think it's great. If you liked the first one you will more than likely enjoy this. When your playing a mission it is a lot like the old one. Between missions you can go to your armory and buy upgrades for your units and structures. There is also a lab and some other features I have yet to unlock. These all add to the feel that you are running the show and the leader of this army. All in all I think it's a great game so far. The only thing I'm kind of miffed about is that it's only the humans in the single player and that the other two races campaigns are expansions to be released later. However if the human campaign is as long as all three from SC1 then your still getting a full game and have nothing to cry about.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 09:16 PM       
It's better than the first one, and I played SC1 a shit tonne.

The single-player campaign has a lot of unique missions, too, in addition to the upgrades you can buy to suit your particular play style. If you like tanks, upgrade your tanks. If you prefer infantry, buff those instead.

Also, there are some later missions where you get to play as one of the other races for story purposes. :O
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 10:55 PM       
i couldn't help but buy it, everywhere i went it was all staring me in the face like you know you wanna purchase this. i have other things to work on before i can get around to playing it but my initial impression is deep disappointment with the manual. it's like a 10page black and white recap of the story of starcraft and that's it. i want a giant full color manual with intricate and unneccessary descriptions of every unit you don't miss nothin by just buying a download of it. except a legal pad with a wanted poster of jim raynor onnit.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 12:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios View Post
i couldn't help but buy it, everywhere i went it was all staring me in the face like you know you wanna purchase this. i have other things to work on before i can get around to playing it but my initial impression is deep disappointment with the manual. it's like a 10page black and white recap of the story of starcraft and that's it. i want a giant full color manual with intricate and unneccessary descriptions of every unit you don't miss nothin by just buying a download of it. except a legal pad with a wanted poster of jim raynor onnit.
Yeah, I just bought it and I feel/felt the same. I had to buy it because I was such a fan of the first, even though I promised myself I wouldn't.

I've only played the first mission so far because it took about 3 billion hours to install and update. I seems like it's a lot like the first one, but with better visuals.
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 06:32 AM       
My name is Zhukov and my character code is 938 if anyone wants to add me as a friend.
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 10:11 AM       
I hear they dont allow cross continental play.
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 01:10 PM       
WHAT.
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 01:12 PM       
Are you fucking kidding me? No LAN and now THISSSSS???

I cna only play people in Australasia?!