Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Loveline
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 02:05 AM        kinda similar to seth's thread!
I don't know what it is, but lately, I just don't really like many of my friends anymore. There's a few that I still like hanging out with, but for most of them, they could die and I wouldn't care all that much. I've always enjoyed being alone, but now it's bordering on anti-social. If we're out and I'm not joking around and being loud, I'm constantly asked "what's the matter?". I'm fucking sick of it.

Anyone have any theories here? It could easily just be that most of my friends are back home and meeting other people at college makes me think less of the ones who aren't here, but I'm not sure if it's just that.

That was very funny. Well done.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:49 AM       
If they're friends you've made in your first year of college you'll probably just find that you made friends with them as a matter of convenience (perhaps you shared, houses/classes/etc with them) and you're now starting to realise that you don't really have all that much in common or even like them that much.

I think it's quite common that in college/university you often make friends by proxy and such friendships rarely last forever.

It could also be that you've just grown apart from them. I used to have a group of friends that I spent all my time with. These days I almost never see them and don't really care to because they are still exactly the same as they were when I knew them 2 years ago. They even make the same stupid jokes at my expense which irritates the hell out of me because they don't actually apply to me anymore.
I'm not sure if it's a reflection of how little they've changed or how much I've changed but the point still stands that as people change over time it's easy to grow apart from one another.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM       
No, these are friends that I've had since I was a kid and now I find it draining just to hang out with them.

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:35 PM       
You're growing up
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:42 PM       
I agree with the MattJack.
The Wolf
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM       
but I'm only 20 . I figured this kind of thing wouldn't happen for a few more years. It's not even that they're all so childish or anything, I just don't like them anymore. I think you guys are probably right though.

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:56 PM       
Oh shit Zomboid, please don't be only 20! That is an awful thing to be.

From now on could you be almost 30? That would be great.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:59 PM       
What don't you like about them?
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM       
I've just always figured that the Big Z was older than me.
The Wolf
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM       
No, I just started posting here when I was 14 or so.

What I don't like about them is that they're just always doing the same shit and they're always acting the same. I know that I can't really expect much else, but I really fucking tire of all the same kind of shit going on when I'm with them. There's the girl who cries every time she gets drunk, the guy who gets drunk and does dumb shit while the others laugh and go "HAHAHA LOOK AT DAN GO! UN-REEEAL!", etc. It's just not the group that I wanna hang out with anymore. Some of em are still pretty smart and everything, so it's not like I just feel like they're beneath me. They're just boring and I want to do other things with other people. That's not to say that I wanna stop drinking and having fun. I just wanna do it with different people with an entirely new set of faults.

Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM       
That's pretty much the reason I stopped hanging out with my old friends. All they ever did was sit around smoking dope and talking about complete crap.

It's really hard to break off friendships with a group of friends though. I think I only managed it by getting a new set of friends and doing stuff the old ones didn't care for.. like leaving the house and not smoking any dope.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 05:37 PM       
I took the easy way out and moved.

Something about sitting around doing drugs, getting drunk, watching tv, and talking about fighting just doesn't stimulate my mind anymore.

Zomboid this is all perfectly normal. Soon depression will set in, you'll feel utterly alone, and you'll be clinging to strippers for feelings of self worth.
Role Assigner
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 05:37 PM       
and pub will be 30.
The Wolf
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM       
I already moved, which is why this isn't such a big deal to me. It upsets me, but at the same time I'm caring less and less. Most of my friends are in two small towns. One is a town of over 5000 and the other is a town of like 2000 and they just always sit around drinking, going to the same shitty bars, smoking pot, etc.

The Wolf
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM       
I just went on facebook and in the news feed thing, there was yet another album that someone uploaded that showcased some of them sitting around getting drunk and high. GOOD TIMES! Some of them are in a shitty little band too. They are named after a serial killer (who's name they mispelled) and their groupies consist of other stoners with nothing better to do.

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 11:11 PM       
I used to have a group of friends that I met when I was younger, and over time I began to dislike them as well. I just assume that the longer I knew them, the more I started to notice how unintelligent, and shallow they all were.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM       
Zomboid, it's natural. There are some people that you can stay friends with your whole life, and some which just get plain tiring after a while. For example, one of my friends, who always wanted to fight and tell these ridiculous stories about how he got into fights.
In the beginning it was amusing, but after a while I'd had enough of that shit, and I told myself: "Why are you hanging out with this moron?" This happened at about the same time as another one of my friends got tired of him too. Then he started smoking, coming into school drunk and flunking all his tests, and now he's repeating the year, so I'll doubt I'll see him much more.

So you see, some people just get tiring after a while, or in your case, you simply outgrow them.
He speaks truth!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 08:31 PM       
Hang out with me.