Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TheNunEater is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 05:37 AM        The Walking Dead season 3.
Just got done watching the first episode. I promise not to spoil anything but I feel like fans of t.v violence can really get behind this one. The first episode alone probably had more gore and over the top violence than the whole last season. Don't get me wrong, I love that shit, but I feel there is a point where it becomes less entertainment and more shock value....which I like too.

Look I don't know what I'm trying to say. More people need to watch this show. It's a great zombie series and the first ever like it on network television. If you you are a true fan on the horror drama genre, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not to check it out. Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix now. If you are in the mood for a solid series, take a look at it. From the looks of 0301 things are about to get a lot bloodier and even more dark in story matter, so now is a great time to catch up and jump on the bandwagon while season 3 is still airing.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM       
This show is pretty terrible.

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 03:26 AM       
I'm not one to judge anothers taste, but you sir have the taste of spoiled milk.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 08:47 AM       
No, he's right. It's pretty terrible. The problem with the show is, that on top of gratuitous zombie violence, it tries to be a serious drama. A serious drama with characters that have the personality of an empty shoebox. When you are forced to watch characters like "that old guy", "uh...that blonde chick whatsherface" and "that black guy that does nothing", you really don't give a shit what happens to any of them. The only thing this show has going for it is the gore. Which is top notch. But when you know you have to watch endless droning about relationship problems before you even see any gore, it all becomes very dull, very fast.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM       
I thought the first season had it's moments.

Spoilers!

But I agree with Melvin. There's too much marital drama and racial drama and not enough apocalypse drama. The show should be nothing but apocalypse drama.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 11:41 AM       
Someone here told me before that the comic book is full of drama too.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM       
THe DRAMA KEePS THE ZOMBieS AWAY

ZOMBIES HATE CRYING
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 03:18 PM       
See that is a understandable reason not to like it. I can understand not wanting drama with your gore and zombies, but that is why I am drawn to the show. There aren't to many things in the zombie genre that have complex drama in it. I agree some of the acting is stale, something they improved on a lot in the second season and has got even better in the third. The violence was kind down in the second season, which I hated, but there getting more violent then ever on the third. In the end if you don't think zombies and drama go together, than The Walking Dead isnt going to be your thing. I just like the fresh take on a zombie story I've heard 1000 times before.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM       
I don't really think that a love triangle counts as complex drama.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 04:50 PM       
Thing is, nothing in the show counts as complex drama, and none of the characters are likable. Hell, they barely even act like normal humans would. The gore is essentially the only reason I watch it, but even that's sometimes overshadowed by the extreme stupidity of the characters.

BETTER GET THAT WATERLOGGED ZOMBIE OUT OF THE WELL. HE'S CONTAMINATING THE WATER!

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 12:07 AM       
You guys are even making me start to hate the show, for real. That whole zombie in the well shit was dumb as hell. Regardless I will keep watching it. I still think the acting is better than you give it credit for, but maybe that's because I've seen enough b horror movies to know what really terrible acting is. Also Ive invested to much time in it to give up now. I guess I just like to see things through to the end and if this thread is any reflection of the show current reception, won't be long.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 01:50 AM       
Gore is gore. It's a dime a dozen.
The Wolf
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:59 AM       
Oh, I watch it, but it's more because I'm usually bored, sometimes hungover on Sunday nights, and I enjoy both making fun of it and the occasional good scene.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 01:21 PM       
I watch it mostly to see how and when they kill characters off compared to the comic. That and the shit that is about to go down in season 3 was fucking awesome in comic.
The Wolf
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 02:29 PM       
The comic is shitty for the exact same reasons, only with greater periods of stagnation. Kirkman is the George Lucas of comic books; he has some good ideas, but he can't write for shit, and his dialogue is fucking atrocious.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 02:45 PM       
God damit, I wanted to love this show sooooo badly. I even started a thread about it before it came out. I think everyone here was super excited because the concept was awesome.

Then S1EP1 happened http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69705216
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 07:45 PM       
Well even if you just watch it to point out how bad it is, you still watch it. Which I think counts for something. I feel there aren't many shows you can claim to hate but still sit down and watch for a whole hour.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 07:52 PM       
Are you still defending this show?
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:40 AM       
No I'm done now. No fans here so I'm giving up. You should all go watch Breaking Bad instead. It's better anyway.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 12:32 PM       
I've decided to give it another chance from the very begging since I have absolutely no expectations of this being the greatest show ever. I'll probably fast forward through season 1 just so that I know what is happening in 2.

Also am I supposed to watch the webasodes in any kind of order?
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 03:54 PM       
Webisodes? That shits for faggots. Just skip season 1, its all that crap you don't like anyway. Season two is still some of that shit but it actually plays out this time around and not so bad. Season 3 is where I'm expecting some cool deaths.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM       
I just finished fast forwarding though season 1. Stopping every once in a while to catch up on who loves who. Wow, this shit had less zombies in it than I remembered the first time around.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM       
So after reviewing season 1 I had a theory on what this show is about. Getting halfway through s2ep1 confirmed it.

The Walking Dead is about how women would die if men didn't take care of them.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:20 PM       
eh, it's more about how lori (or whatever that dumb broad is called) can't take care of herself, or do anything really
the other women can at the very least use a weapon of some kind, or not crash a car despite being the only person anywhere driving
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 01:46 AM       
Honestly its more about how it all changes Rick and his boy and to a lesser extent the others as people. Its Lord of the Flies with zombies instead of a ghost pig.

Spoilers!