Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 11:02 PM       
Hey, if you thought it was funny then good for you. To me it was the beginning of the end of my viewership of Nickelodeon. It's like they said, "Hey why the fuck are we showing entertaining shows? They're just kids, they'll watch anything."
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 11:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
Hey, if you thought it was funny then good for you. To me it was the beginning of the end of my viewership of Nickelodeon. It's like they said, "Hey why the fuck are we showing entertaining shows? They're just kids, they'll watch anything."
Yeah, I know. I think I'm suffering from "Old timer syndrome", where I start to think that things from the past just seem better than the things today.

Which is sad, because I'm only eighteen...
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 03:26 AM       
It's called nostalgia.
You asked, Chief.
BLEU is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 12:47 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 03:57 PM       
did anyone read that and was it funny?
You asked, Chief.
BLEU is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM       
That's always what I want to ask whenever you post.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 06:16 PM       
I guess that's a no then.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 06:59 PM       
I just read it and it's a rehash of everything we know and just said a few short posts above. Good Job!
Insane Writer
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 09:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen View Post
It's called nostalgia.
Ah thank you. That's the word I was looking for.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 02:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Agreed. The Nick shows now are stupid, like iCarly. I was watching old Kenan and Kel shows and there is nothing as good as those on Nick these days.
Are you serious? I guess you've never heard of a little Keenan and Kel shitspawn called Goodburger.
#1 on the ignore list
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM       
Wasn't it a spin-off of an All That! skit?
Oozes machismo
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 02:30 PM       
Yeah it was. But it wasn't even one of the better sketches. I sometimes wonder what Kel is up to these days, and then subsequently binge drink in hopes of killing the brain cells that had that thought.
crawling
There's A Bat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 03:09 PM       
awww here it goes
Insane Writer
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 11:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Are you serious? I guess you've never heard of a little Keenan and Kel shitspawn called Goodburger.
Well no, that one I thought was stupid.

Like I said, the ones I saw, I thought were funny. Maybe it was because my cousins were over and everything else on tv was either very very stupid or boring. Or maybe I got lucky and saw some of the better ones.
Pygmy Extraordinaire
Location: In a home that scares my neighbors by having body parts on my balcony all year long
LittleDollClaudia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM       
Maybe it is the same, but now that we are all "adults", it doesn't make sense anymore.

No, I take that back. There was some good kids programming, wasn't there? It wasn't all that Hannah Montana and that kind of humor, right?

Someone give me at least a lifeline here.

~zydrate comes in a little glass vial..~Graverobber, Repo! The Genetic Opera
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 10:28 PM       
I think Kel Mitchell does stand up now.
Oozes machismo
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 11:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDollClaudia View Post
Maybe it is the same, but now that we are all "adults", it doesn't make sense anymore.

No, I take that back. There was some good kids programming, wasn't there? It wasn't all that Hannah Montana and that kind of humor, right?

Someone give me at least a lifeline here.
There were some great shows in the mid/late 80's and early 90s. It is most certainly not the same.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 11:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I think Kel Mitchell does stand up now.
The last thing I saw Kenan and Kel together on (besides those reruns I mentioned) was when they had a cameo in the Rocky and Bullwinkle Movie.

The last thing I saw Kenan in was that Fat Albert movie.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 12:18 AM       
It had started with the Mickey Mouse Club and everything has been the same to date. Don't fool yourselves, you watched any crap they played for you and convinced yourself that they are good shows.
Oozes machismo
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 12:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
It had started with the Mickey Mouse Club and everything has been the same to date. Don't fool yourselves, you watched any crap they played for you and convinced yourself that they are good shows.
No. If you just watched whatever was played for you then that's cool, but even as early as 6 I was definitely picking out the shows I liked and ignoring, switching, or complaining about the ones I didn't. Kids are idiots, sure, but there's a difference between quality children's entertainment and shitty kids entertainment. Good stuff (like Looney Tunes) stands the test of time and appeals to multiple age groups. Shit (like Kennan and Kel) is shit from day one.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 01:08 AM       
Looney tunes is an adult cartoon, once Looney Tunes started to make kids cartoons, they sucked ass. We are talking about kids shows right? Ren and Stimpy was not a kids show. W/E I don't actually care all about this subject as it is all shit from the past and it's time to fucking move on already.
Oozes machismo
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 01:17 AM       
Nickelodeon aired Ren & Stimpy and Looney Toons. Maybe the difference is aimed at kids vs. made for kids. I really don't care either, but I can't stand idly by while shitty shows are remembered as good just because they aren't on TV anymore.
#1 on the ignore list
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 01:22 AM       
Tiny Toons was definitely for kids, and it fucking rocks... even if it has the stink of furries on it.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM       
I remember all of those old 90s cartoons. They were gotten rid of because there was some rule saying that a certain amount of shows had to be devoted to kid-friendly messages like the environment.
#1 on the ignore list
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 11:04 PM       
I thought PBS had that covered. Or is there some actual life-lessons in those shitty animes they force-feed kids nowadays?