Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 12:30 PM       
wuh, wuh, Wild and Crazy KIDS!

good call zorak. I remember watching that show with what I call "Double Dare Frustation." Which occurs when you're more yelling at the contestants for being so stupid than actually watching the show.
unclehobart is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 11:29 PM       
You can't do that on television. I was 9 when that show started ... hell.. when cable tv started to get into its stride in the late 70s. It did a better job af raising me than my parents ever did.

Rygo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 09:15 PM       
pete and pete for sure. that show made you laugh, cry, and kinda go like "Hmm cewl"
plus iggy pop ownz
(ja rule 2nd pl8ce)
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 11:51 PM       
1.Pete and Pete
2.Ren and Stimpy (pre-Nickelodeon takeover of Spumco*)
3.Salute Your Shorts
4.You Can't Do That On Television
5.SpongeBob Squarepants**

*= (here's where I'm gonna sound like a News Nerd) Viacom, the company that owns Nick, also owns the new TNN. Nickelodeon relinquished rights of R&S to Viacom, the parent company, and Viacom handed them down to TNN. TNN then, essentially, gave the rights to Ren and Stimpy back to Spumco (JOY!!) and so NEW!! Ren and Stimpy eps will be shown on TNN starting this summer.

**= Mock me if you want, but anything that has Pantera on it, even once, automatically kicks ass
placebo009 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:47 PM       
how can anyone forget about 'are you afraid of the dark'? or was i just the only moron who watched it?

and someone should be shot for liking sponge bob. that show ruined my life!...or at least nickelodeon.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:05 PM       
Nah, if anything ruined Nick it was definitely Rugrats and the hypocritical stance that toilet humor was only funny if it was in a cartoon that pandered to parents. Spongebob (and Invader Zim) were and are good shows simply because it's manically funny. I can't understand why anybody would bother with Rugrats at all, personally.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:48 PM       
Legends of the Aztec temple, AAaah! Real Monsters and the show when the kids were in the video game
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 08:44 PM       
good call with the AHhh! Real Monsters!

but that's still not an adequate excuse for sponge bob. maybe it's just one of those 'stupid humor' things that i will never understand. but he deffinatly makes me want to shoot myself in the head.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:42 PM       
Quote:
and someone should be shot for liking sponge bob. that show ruined my life!...or at least nickelodeon.
as I said, there's only one way I can answer this:

Quote:
Mock me if you want, but anything that has PANTERAon it even once, automatically kicks ass
Yes, that means PANTERA, the SAME Pantera everyone knows and should love, played for an episode of SpongeBob, which, I might add, I caught on accident. I was flipping channels and noticed the stupid SpongeBob theme but then I saw "With Special Guest:" and the PANTERA logo.
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:08 PM       
pantera????
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:05 PM       
Yup. Minus Phil Anselmo of course (You can't just flip thru channels, see Pantera, be a metalhead and NOT watch it.)

No vocals, but of course Dimebag kicks ASS.

Location: Location: Location: Location:Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Cybernetico is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 12:31 AM        FECES
Hehe, never heard of the new ren and stimpy, that sounds great. But what about that viacom thing? Doesnt MTV own nick and stuff?

PS misinformed man, I take it your name means your know nothing, I'll just straighten it out:

I'm not sure if this is the WHOLE truth, but here ya go. Nickelodeons were old machines in stores, just like those candy machines we see in grocery stores. Back before TV, they put a film strip in the thing, and you could watch it through a hole. Like an ancient style of of those wierd contraptions where you looked into the box and cranked the thing, and it showed soundless mickey mouse things in it. But this you put a cent in and it pleased the kiddies with the high-tech picture thingy.

So, whatever owned nick thought "Hey, back in the day a nickelodeon was a stupid thing that moms could use to shut thier kids up". Therefor, nickelodeon now has bad shows t& stuff that moms use to shut thier kids up. Just stick it in thier face and they pipe down before you kill them.

As for my list:

1. Ren and Stimpy

This show was just too funny, and they said mildly bad words in the early eps to keep us entertained. Too bad Nickelodeon noticed.

2. Wild and Crazy Kids

YEEHAW. Donny Jeffcoat and Omar Gooding (recognize the name? He was Cuba Gooding Jr's bro. DANGIT OMAR MADE HIM WHAT HE IS!). Did you know that the redhead was only there for one season because she was really like...30? She jsut dressed and loked like a teen. She got pregnant!

3. That zany shorts camp thing (I keep thinking "Eat my shorts" and I cant remember the name

Donkey Lips owned. Remember when budnick and the one with the yellow hair pretended to vomit so they didnt go on a trip. They had like ketchup and corn in there. That show was pure brilliance

Location: Location: Location: Location:Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 12:32 AM       
YES

That was it, "Salute your shorts"
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 12:43 AM       
Cyber: About Viacom...

I assume you know about 'parent companies' (Don't fret, I'm not mocking you, it's just essential to know what one is to understand the relationship)

Viacom is the parent company for Nick, TNN, and yes, MTV. MTV does indeed own Nickelodeon, but both answer to Viacom.

It's sort of like this (every level up establishes ownership)

VIACOM
/ \
TNN MTV
\
Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon bought the rights for Ren and Stimpy from Spumco (I won't explain this, I assume you already know) and ran it into the ground. Well, fast forward a few years. Nickelodeon relinquished the rights to the characters to Viacom, their parent company, meaning Nickelodeon still has the right to air the old R&S episodes if they choose to, because the old episodes are indeed owned by Nickelodeon, however, since Viacom handed the rights to the characters back to TNN, only TNN (or whoever they sublet the rights to, say an animation company) may make new episodes of Ren and Stimpy.

TNN is planning a new block of adult-oriented animation programming in Summer 2003, and Ren and Stimpy happened to be one of the projects TNN was into. (This following part is my own speculation) TNN knew that without the original creators of Ren & Stimpy, which is Spumco, that the old fans who might be interested would shit all over it, and John K. himself has expressed interest in reviving the series. (personal speculation over) So TNN 'sublet' the rights back to Spumco (meaning Spumco now once again owns the characters it created, but still must ask for TNN's approval to merchandise the characters) and now, Spumco is working on 6 new eps. of R&S for Summer 2003.

If memory serves, they plan on showing all 52 (I believe) original episodes of R&S (which is technically legal, since Viacom owns Nickelodeon and doesn;t have to pay a DIME) and the next night they will show the first of 6 new eps. of Ren and Stimpy.

Sorry that was so long. Hope that helps.

PS The mildly bad words will be a little more wilder. Think "Adult Swim"

Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:08 PM       
I knew about Parent Companies, I jsut didn't think MTV could be bossed around by anyone else, being one of the biggest channels out there.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 12:42 AM       
Yea, EVERYONE'S gotta answer to someone. Even Microsoft (although they don't ACT like it)
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 01:52 PM        The Adventures of Pete and Pete
The Adventures of Pete and Pete, hands down. I have taped most of the episodes since they began showing it again on Noggin.
3rd season older Pete was so cute...male jailbait. Too bad he's 27 now...
Endless Mike was also pretty damn cool.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 01:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Retro Kat
Yeah, Pete and Pete was great. Remember when Artie and Pete fought the ocean. Or the episode with inspector 27. Good times.
It was Inspector 34, actually.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 02:00 PM       
Did you see that new movie Slackers? It ruined not only Pete and Pete for me but also that 70s Show.

But he does look cool with those big ass porkchops.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 09:27 PM        Slackers
No...I didn't see Slackers. I heard it was terrible. Did you see Snow Day? Its the Pete and Pete movie, except the actors were different and with different charachter names.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 10:03 PM       
I saw bits and pieces of it. Couldn't stay awake (from lack of sleep, not boredom)
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 08:49 PM       
You Can't Do That On Television was always my favorite. Actually, nearly all of them were good, except for Doug. "OMG, I'M AFRAID TO GET MY HAIRCUT, JOURNAL!"

Pete and Pete is definitely second. Then Salute Your Shorts.

Thanks for gaying-up Nickelodeon, Rocket Power and CatDog.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 12:01 AM       
It's not so much Nick as it's pandering to children instead of raising them which is killing Children's Television. Educational is another way to say 'why the fuck should we teach them?'

drumaster is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 11:01 PM       
Im surprised no one said SPACE CASES, that was good for awhile, then Salute your shorts, and hey dude
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:20 PM       
Space Cases!