Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 03:21 PM       
when did I make this thread did you bump an old thread

oh ok
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 03:22 PM       
Also, I'm pretty sure that I have become the greatest Spy in the entire history of Team Fortress.

I'm just that fantastic. I also like how you never have to rely on your own team as the Spy, since the ones I'm on are often full of idiots.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jul 31st, 2008 at 05:28 PM.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 06:14 PM       
well, good spies usually coordinate rushes while they're sapping sentries.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 09:31 PM       
My team barely ever listens to me, but I usually give them a heads up when I take out sentries.

I've given up on buddying up with other Spies to take out dug-in Engies, since everyone seems to have this habit of running headlong into Pyros while de-cloaking.

I also didn't realize that getting shot by anything other than the flamethrower wouldn't blow your cover, which is awesome.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 12:06 AM       
I'll get you anyway.

The Blutsauger will give the medic +3 health if it is an enemy, but not for teammates. I've used that to my advantage a couple times.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 01:19 AM       
I cheated to get my Blutsauger and then never ever played medic again. It's great for killing Pyros, though; if one's following me just close enough to be dangerous, I'll pelt him with it and vamp all his health to stop myself from being on fire.

Also, is it just me or does the Ubersaw crit EVERY TIME IT HITS ME?

That thing is ridiculous.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 05:46 AM       
We just set up a dedicated server for TF2 over here. I have sourcemod running on it, but just a barebones install, as I'm going to figure out some other stuff later to do with it.

Like having ganon pronounce everyone dead.

Server's called "Chris Hansen's Internet Sting Operation", btw.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 06:36 AM       
YALL MAKE.... NO SENCE
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM       
Okay, so this is actually a fun game :<
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 11:44 PM       
I can't think of a single game from the current generation that I like better than TF2, honestly.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM       
I played as a scout and he said "wave goodbye to yer stupid crap, dumbass"
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 02:14 PM       
So getting around my problem with disposing of sentries, I've decided it'd be really fucking awesome to drop your disguise in a position where the Engie is between you and his turret, because it then turns around and takes him to pieces trying to get you. If he didn't see you, it'd probably take him way too long to realize what's happening because I've never seen anyone try this, so no way in hell are they expecting it. Also, tier 2 and 3 sentries would make mincemeat of anyone in a matter of seconds, so they'd never have time to respond. After this it's a matter of timing your cloak and/or disguise to coincide with the engineer's death, and then sapping.

I haven't actually tried this since I've been bogged down with work for a few weeks, but the only ways I see it not working are if an Engie is babysitting a sentry that doesn't belong to him, if there are multiple sentries covering each other, or if there happens to be someone who cares in the vicinity. The last one doesn't even matter so much unless they're RIGHT THERE, since there would probably be time to put a sapper on the sentry and mabye scurry away before they could get to you.

Also if he's facing you, but that's sort of a given.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Aug 11th, 2008 at 02:55 PM.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM       
I've done it with other classes. It's funny making an engie kill themselves as they're trying to fix it. It's good engineer behavior to stand behind wherever you expect it to shoot at, but sometimes people are just retarded.
was never good
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 03:07 PM       
Is that what you mean :>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOLFnR8-PYs
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM       
Yes, that, without the knifing.

I'm glad someone else demonstrated this, since I wasn't sure how soon you'd have to cloak after dropping your disguise. I guess it's instantaneous.

I also knew it was just too awesome for nobody to have thought of it before.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM       
I play this game enough that I have a set plan for every map I go to. Shit, for every section of the map. I always, always snipe on Gold Rush 1, pyro on Gold Rush 2, engie on Dustbowl 1, ALWAYS spy on 2Fort...I wonder if it's a burden to the team :O
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 09:51 AM       
I don't have much variety like that, probably because I suck at being a team player. I play an ok Scout, usually on CTF maps because I am awesome at rushing in and capping before anyone knows what's going on, and I've given up on trying to be a good Demoman.

I should probably learn to be something other than the Spy, which I've put twice as much time into than any other class. But I can't, because stabbing half the other team to death while they're busy clustering around the Goldrush cart and not paying attention to anything else is something special.

Also, am I the only one who thinks there should be more three-point CP maps like Gravelpit? I love how open that level is, comparatively.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:07 AM       
would yall say any class is useless or OP? Or are they all well rounded and just compliment your style of play? I tried playing against my 14 year old brother, but he pushed my sh*t in really quick

Obviously I didn't know the maps, so I was fuc*ed from the get go, and not to mention I was the sniper the whole time.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:08 AM       
They're all well rounded and can defend any other class, but some classes are suited to different situations.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 01:35 PM       
Yea. It's just a matter of knowing when and where to use the right class.

I prefer the Spy myself, just because I've been getting better at navigating maps unnoticed. The only problems I have are the usual cramped hallway, which always leads to an embarrassing death after bumping into someone around the corner

Demoman's my other favorite, just because his guns have a little more versatility. You can really rack up an insane amount of kills if you hold a choke point. One of the maps I hardly ever play (was it custom?) had this bridge everyone was trying to cross, and both teams were just piling onto it. I sat behind a rock at a pretty far distance and picked everyone off one by one. I don't think I've ever dominated that many people before :D

was never good
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM       
I wouldn't go that far - the pyro is by far the easiest class to play, has the most advantages over other classes, and is appropriate for every map. Aside from him, though, the game is remarkably balanced.

Just don't be surprised when a team of 8 has 7 pyros pushing the cart, though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM       
That would be Warpath. It was originally a Half Life 2 Deathmatch map, and it was ported.

It's a LOOONG map, too. Whenever I see too many knife kills, I always switch over to Pyro.

The key to the game is forcing people to change strategies and classes. For instance, if I'm playing GW, I'll be a pyro because I know she can't play anything besides Spy.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
I wouldn't go that far - the pyro is by far the easiest class to play, has the most advantages over other classes, and is appropriate for every map. Aside from him, though, the game is remarkably balanced.

I can't play Pyro for the life of me, though

I'm mad at the rest of the world, because the rest of the world can use him better than me

ValientKid is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 05:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post

And by Pyro you mean Soldier, right? Although the easiest to me would be the Sniper. Especially if you were born with naturally good hand-eye cordination

Also: Heavy update on the 19th. Gonna be a sniper's paradise.