Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:07 PM       
Do they not come back in this book or not until the next prologue. which would be dumb.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM       
The Others show up in Season 2 and they're lead by [spoolers]ben linus

I haven't read past book 2 yet but I don't remember them since the book 1 prologue.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM       
Well, finish Storm of Swords.

That was very funny. Well done.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 10:07 PM       
I figured. It's been a while so I can't remember if I read it or just read about it.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 01:00 AM       
Thats the thing. Its annoying that they being them up in the prolog. then fornever more.
Gix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:48 PM       
finished starship troopers..was ok
and now on a 007 novel called Carte Blanche...really need more books
also, after i read A Dance with Dragons, i just lost all appeal for series,not wanting to give it away but for me the last straw was the ending of the book..after that event i was no longer wanting to continue
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:49 AM       
buy a kindle and get like every uncopyrighted book for free
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 10:45 AM       
^
They probably have the Malice in the Palace novella.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 08:25 PM       
also you can pirate books for kindle too :O
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:43 PM       
http://www.amazon.com/Brod-Parody-Ja...5876826&sr=8-1

I might have to get this for my brother.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Thats the thing. Its annoying that they being them up in the prolog. then fornever more.
Well, if you think about it...the Night's Watch is going north of the wall as of the end of the first book. What's north of the wall? Stick with it. The Others are pretty much the biggest threat to all of Westeros, but the Night's Watch are the only people who seem to care/believe while everyone else is involved in other shit.

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM       
I'm in the last 100 pages of game of thrones. Its getting better. I only have time to read during my 15 min breaks at work.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 01:11 AM       
Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:04 PM       
A few hundred pages into a dance with dragons now.

Shitmouth from a feast of crows is my favorite character.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 07:45 PM       
Bill Bryson-Notes from a Small Island

Last edited by captain516 : Feb 3rd, 2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: fuck
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 07:34 PM       
I've been reading a lot of Marvel comics lately. They've got a heck of a lineup these days; Superior Spider-Man is actually really interesting; Doc Ock's funny in a way that you don't see very often. Also, the Hawkeye series is absolutely stupendous. The art, the layouts, the writing, it's all phenomenal. I absolutely adore it. Very smart. I'm also interested in their new X-Men book coming out soon.

I wish DC's reboot was as good. "Batman" is pretty great, but all the other Batman books are average at best. Wonder Woman is the only other DC series I haven't dropped yet, though I want to catch up on The Flash; it's a really pretty looking series.

IDW's got some good shit these days too. Their Ghostbusters comic is pretty great, and their current run of the Ninja Turtles is really solid. If you ever liked either one of those franchises as a kid, their current run on both are worthy follow-ups.

Lastly, Bandette is just a really charming series. The first issue is free right now to celebrate its Eisner nomination. Pretty art and fun writing.

Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM       
This morning I wrapped up the first volume of Lone Wolf and Cub. I'm still gathering my thoughts on it while typing up a post for my blog. I've also recently read American Born Chinese, which is great. Last month I've also read the first volume of Kamen Rider (there's not much substance but it's still a ride), the first volume of Alan Moore's Saga of the Swamp Things (very solid), and a volume of short stories by Will Eisner that I received as a freebie back in July (very much worth a look).
When was this made free?
SuperYuriGagarin is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 12:35 AM       
Xenozoic tales. an 80's-90's running post environmental apocalypse that vomits out life from all eras of earth's history, detailing the pulp style adventures of a Man who restores pre-apocalypse cars.
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 11:34 AM       
Batman: Death of the Family. Over-the-top but moody.

Scott Pilgrim. An overrated mixed bag, to be honest.

Axe Cop. Just plain nuts!
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM       
The newspaper.

That crazy bitch that tried to drive into the white house was a crazy bitch.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:37 PM       
I hate, hate, hate fantasy, and fuck anyone who has a problem with that, but for some reason I got really pissed off when people were taken aback by all the Red Wedding shit when it aired.

It was written what, fifteen years ago, something like that? Almost fifteen years ago, anyway. That's like being surprised at being hit by a train when the fucking tracks are right there.

So last week, even though I hate the genre and fuck you, I got the box set and mowed through them and at least I won't be one of those people who are like WAAAH, SO AND SO DIED even though I don't even watch the show.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 07:45 PM       
I like Pratchett and Adams and will always have a heart for fantasy, so long as people die. Do you hate fantasy or people who take fantasy too far?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 07:50 PM       
I don't know, I just never developed a taste for it and then maybe I went to too many cons with too many insufferable twats, I don't know. My preference is nonfiction, by a landslide, with some literature thrown in.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 08:13 PM       
Yeah, never mix your people with your words.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 09:10 PM       
Maybe I'm dumber than the average person, but I just don't feel like I have room in my brain for it. It's weird because I have no problem with creativity, but I just feel like my time would be better spent reading about the actual events (seems to be more or less the Wars of the Roses, with some extra combatants and some dragons and frostypeople thrown in). But, you know, if you like it and that's your thing, great. I do have way more respect for people who have actually taken the fucking time to read the books, versus people who just watch the show.