Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 10:03 PM        PS2 modding
I know there's a thread about modding consoles on here but I couldn't find it.

Has anyone modded a ps2 before, or would you be able to reccomend a mod chip? I want to be able to play burned ps2/psx backups or images, if that's possible. That's what mod chips do, right?

I don't have any soddering experience ;(

Is it true that you can play games from other consoles? Does that work via emulator? I had a friend who had a modded XBOX and tome it looked like he could play PS2 games on it, is it possible to play XBOX or GC games on a modded Ps2?
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 06:09 AM       
i modded my slimline ps2 to play import games using sticky tape, a screwdriver and tissue paper, which allows me to open it without the ps2 knowing (allowing for disc swapping using a action replay)

there are a number of steps to actualy getting a game running, but it has to be the easiest mod ever

as for emulators and such, your best bet would be an xbox or pc

Custom User Title
kinot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 07:09 AM       
I guess it looked like your friend was playing a PS2 game because he was playing AN XBOX GAME. You can't play PS2 games on an xbox, just some PS1 (At least Symphony of the Night perfectly).

Stick with the PS2 and listen to dudefather, or you can also buy a kit that does that same.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:16 PM       
Well it appeared to me that a friend of mine gave him a PS2 game, he borrowed it for a while and the next time I saw him he had it on his xbox's harddrive. he also had stuff like dynasty warriors which I thought was a PS2 game only.

Do they make mods so you don't have to use the action replay swapping thing? That would be preferable.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM       
You'd probably need to hook it up to your PC or buy the harddrive or something
BANNED

Old Aug 7th, 2006, 11:33 PM       
Alright, thanks. How do you connect it to your computer..? network or something?

If anybody knows anything about sodderless modchips I have a few questions. I've found one online, and a few others that are swapless but not sodderless...