Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 11:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
you did start podcasting Preston & Steve though right?
Yeah, and what I missed by limiting myself to drive-time radio is nothing short of astonishing. And hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I used to subscribe to This Week In Science out of UC Davis, but it got so there were so many backlogged podcasts that I got hopelessly mired.
NPR Science Friday 'casts are wickedly long and exceedingly informative, but I find it very easy to get bogged down.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 01:44 AM       
I urge you to check out this site then Colonel

http://prestonandsteverock.com/

A large percentage of the shows they have broadcast since 2006-ish

Last edited by Pentegarn : Jan 4th, 2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Typo monster got me
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 11:51 AM       
Thanks.

Oh, those crazy Brits.

http://www.periodicvideos.com/
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 03:45 PM       
Cool!

On a sad note, the Matian Rover "Spirit" seems to be stuck in quicksand, perhaps forever.

http://www.scientificcomputing.com/n...43,01273409034
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 04:16 PM       
I hear that Spirit hasn't done jack shit.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 04:36 PM       
I remember reading that yesterday. It reminds me of those remote control 'lunar vehicles' we have at our Science museum. One is always stuck somehow :P
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 09:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I hear that Spirit hasn't done jack shit.
That's "Jack Schitt". One of the Schitt brothers.

Actually, Spirit has done Jack, from the perspective of analytical science. Mostly it confirmed all the crazy stuff that Opportunity fell into (literally) making the findings from both rovers much more credible, and giving some more insight as to Martian geomorphic history.

On the engineering front, the problems encountered and experienced by Spirit made the JPL scientists devise workarounds that were innovative. Eventually this learning will advance the development of future rover missions to Mars, and perhaps beyond.

But.

Strictly speaking, there have been very few original discoveries by Spirit, so in a pure sense, you are correct.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 04:41 PM       
So I obtained approval for a new piece of analytical equipment, and scheduled installation and training. The trainer just got in touch with me to finalize the arrangements. His name?

William Batson.

That's right. Captain Marvel will be training me in three weeks. SHAZAM!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 09:12 PM       
Gee, ya think?

EDIT: His v-card gives his full name (with initial) and Ph.D. - I'm guessing he doesn't go by "Billy".
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM       
It's so sweet that he sent you a Valentine's card.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 09:25 PM       
Getting down to the wire, Kit. What, about a week to the "grand opening"?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 11:55 AM       
:/

If I make it to Tuesday, they'll schedule my C section. They say I can "physically tolerate" the pregnancy to 39 weeks. We'll see. I'm not thrilled about major abdominal surgery, and I'm even less thrilled about my limited anesthesia options. All I want to do is get everyone through the ordeal alive.

My two previous babies were both under 2 lbs, so having one that is potentially 9 lbs or more will definitely be a new experience.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 01:36 PM       
9 pounds?? That's a bigun.

Good luck, and good karma your way.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM       
Her dad is 6 and a half feet tall and very large-framed, so we kind of knew this was coming All of the people of the doctor's office say, "Well, have you seen the father?" like that explains it all. And they go on at length about the size of her feet.

The one good thing is that they tell me she has a large brain. So at least there's potential there, although brain size doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Thanks, I'll need all the help I can get.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 05:38 PM       

My uncle's a big guy and he was born 6 pounds but my mom is tiny and she was born 9 pounds :O
:STORIESTHATGRANDMOTHERSTELLWHILELOOKINGATPICTURES SHORTLYAFTERCHRISTMAS
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 10:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
And they go on at length about the size of her feet.
My son has size 12's and is still growing. I can comfortably wear his shoes now, with room to spare.

As I understand it, relative foot size is a pretty good gauge of future ultimate height. On a separate note, how tall are you?
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 11:24 AM       
5 foot nothing.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM       
http://www.rdmag.com/News/2010/01/Ge...begin-in-2010/

I find it an interesting oxymoron that a detector so massive (7 tons) is necessary to determine the mass of the lightest known elementary particle (the neutrino) - if it has any mass at all.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM       
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 03:54 PM       
'sup Gris.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 11:27 AM       
Study of physics complete!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...cists_complete
Darryl is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2010, 08:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
My son has size 12's and is still growing. I can comfortably wear his shoes now, with room to spare.

As I understand it, relative foot size is a pretty good gauge of future ultimate height. On a separate note, how tall are you?
Needing larger-than-average shoes is a pain in the ass (and wallet)