Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 11:30 AM       
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 03:07 PM       
WELL THERE WAS
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 09:25 PM       
I guess what I mean is that it's an emotional story anyway and having someone with similar issues playing the title role was a more authentic experience or something.

Not so much that it was novel that the person had sexual ambiguity issues.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 09:44 AM       
To the whole "Im gay and I have it so bad." crap. Its not the 80's anymore.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 11:50 AM       
Well, I liked it, anyway.

I don't think it was a gay thing. I think on the surface it was, and it kind of got tied up in the gay pride thing, but it just has a lot of gay ingredients, if that makes any sense.

I thought Hedwig was a pretty classic plot of "The gradual redemption of a tragic figure for whom everything has gone to shit". In the end, he realized he no longer needed the drag-queen persona and abandoned it, epiphany and whatnot.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 12:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
The music is so amazing in that movie. Origin of love and wicked little town, in my opinion, are master pieces.

I apologolize, I feel like I'm getting up on everyone's "nuts" in this thread, but I can't help and comment on the same interests.
lol thats based on that greek creation theory :O
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM       
Yeah, I believe the creator/Hedwig has an interest in mythology.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 01:47 PM       
Yeah, about the whole homo thing, I don't think that's the main focus what so ever, if anything it's there to create a bigger turbulation to the love story.

As for the whole Greek creation theory, that's why I really like that song. I especially like the part where he says, "sewed the wound up to a hole and pulled it around to our bellies to remind us the price we paid".
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM       
Also, I was all kinds of impressed with Miriam Shor as Yitzhak. I think it was the first time I ever saw her not angry.

The thing I really like about Hedwig is that it's got that magical quality where, when you finish, it feels like you've actually been through something. There aren't a lot of works I'm that invested in. I haven't really had an experience like that since the mid nineties when I was doing the rhps thing (because I was a performance under-undergrad and that's what everyone was doing and they needed a redhead). By the time you'd gone all the way through the show it felt like you'd been through some sort of ordeal. Can't quite explain it, just something about it.

Last edited by Kitsa : Jul 20th, 2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: making mudpies out of whatever I pull out of my brain
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 01:23 PM       
HIGH STRUNG
steve oedekerk bitching about how much everything sucks in his apartment and jim carrey plays death who shows up for a few minutes at the end. i think this movie would have been better at what it was attempting to do if they didn't go for a PG rating. as the type of pathetic, misanthropic, paranoid, ill-informed know-it-all that this movie is trying to create, i can say for a fact that if you're fuming about something as insignificant as waitresses bringing you extra coffee, you're going to use a little more... colorful language.

you wouldn't tell your boss's wife to take something and shove it "up her butt," at least.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM       
though on second thought, i probably would. it would be funnier that way. i salute you, odededdedekeerke
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:16 PM       
Gomorrah.

It's ok. The first five minutes were so easily predicted that it made me wonder why the hell it took so long.

Near the beginning, though, there were some kids playing in a pool and they had this giant raft that looked like a bunch of bananas. Damn I want that thing.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:48 PM       
The Dark Knight Rises!

It was better than I expected. It certainly didn't feel as long as it was.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:20 AM       
re-watched argento's PHENOMENA.

i can see why people don't like it (there's a fucking ape...) but it's a damn good movie

i always love his use of music.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:01 PM       
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

It was just another one of the new "nutrition shocker" movies, which I feel obligated somehow to watch. I think a 2 month juice fast is less practical than eating vegetarian whole-foods in a standard meal format, but to each his own. It went pretty much the way you'd expect it to go. You'll never see a really sanctimonious diet-change movie that ends with everyone dead.

It did creep me out a little the way he bought produce at roadside stands and put it directly in a juicer in the back of his car. I'd have washed it first, myself.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 01:45 AM       
dark knight rises-it has it's pros (bane and catwoman mostly), but it has far too many cons
so instead of being a great trilogy, we've got two really good movies and an average one to finish it off
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
re-watched argento's PHENOMENA.

i can see why people don't like it (there's a fucking ape...) but it's a damn good movie

i always love his use of music.
I love the main theme for the movie, though I don't entirely like all of the score.

I recetly watched Opera again. I really fucking hate the 80's hair/glam music they use during the murders, awfully cheap.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 09:21 AM       
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm thinking probably everyone will remember the shooting way more than the movie.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:27 PM       
yeah opera is so-so, nothing remarkable.

i've spent the past week thinking "i want to watch something just like demons." fuck it, i watched demons again. excellent film.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM       
I watched Sick Nurses again. For whatever reason, it never gets old to me.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 03:10 AM       
Savages : It was alright. Some how they made 2 guys screwing the same girl dull. They story was typical and didn't make you think about how the world works or what you would do in the situation or anything at all really. Selma is hawt. Del Toro is awesome but boring.

Actually the movie sucked now that I reflect on it.

The Dark Knight Rises : Just got back from the theater and I this is probably the worst of the Bale Batmans. It was 3 hours of slow drama.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 02:28 AM       
has anybody seen that movie Drive? movie is pretty god damned bad ass.

I've been trying to figure out if its supposed to be a remake or whatever of an old martial arts movie, though.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 11:45 AM       
I have a week coming up where I'll have a lot of movie-watching time, so if anyone has an opinion on weird shit I need to see on netflix, I'm listening.

I used to be very into J-horror, not so much now (I think it's past its prime). Hate action movies/romances/most dramas. Love documentaries.
BANNED

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM       
if you hate action/romances/dramas that means you hate like every movie basically;/

Drive is on netflix id recommend that. The same guy that did that also did Bronson -- which is a biopic and is also on netflix.

They have PUBLIC ENEMY: MEZRINE on netflix that was pretty good and its also like a documentary.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 02:43 PM       
here's what i've watched in the past two days or so

vampire vs vampire - lam ching-ying fighting vampires again, count me in. the whole movie is tainted by a few shots of real bats being hurt, but if animal abuse doesn't bother you this movie is great.

police story 2 - late 80s jackie chan action flick, count me in. i have nothing bad to say about this one.

deep red - old dario argento movie, count me in. not as great as his straight horror films, but this one's definitely better than i expected. as much as i love goblin, this isn't their best score.

spooky, spooky - sammo hung produced hk horror/comedy, count me in. i don't remember much about this. it was ok. silly.