Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 04:08 AM       
sounds like a requiem for a tape worm
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 10:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffles View Post
does eating at a delapidated roadside stall in a third-world country count? cause i tried it while on vacation ^.^;
didnt give me any indigestion tho
In a third world country a dilapidated roadside stall is the apex of critter cuisine.
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 11:05 AM       
If you have never eaten a warm tuna fish sandwich in an pre-owned 70's RV "bathroom" with a semi-full holding tank, consider yourself lucky. >_<
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 11:12 AM       
I tried some Haggis from a stall in Glasgow, it was bad. The stall was actually owned and run by a Tasmanian, which was weird.

Vegetarian Haggis is delicious, but it's just hot potatoes and onions, really.
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 11:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
I tried some Haggis from a stall in Glasgow, it was bad. The stall was actually owned and run by a Tasmanian, which was weird.

Vegetarian Haggis is delicious, but it's just hot potatoes and onions, really.

Was it "The Worst Toilet In Scotland"?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 11:24 AM       
But damn, do I love me some king rib. Jesus, that's nasty.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM       
Haggis is nothing more than a glorified sausage ball involving oats, liver, and heart, and is no worse than black pudding is to Americans
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 11:38 AM       
blood SAUSAGE, now that shits tasty
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 12:58 AM       
I can't eat blood sausage. Never have, probably never will.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 09:42 AM       
What's black pudding?
MAMA MIA!
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 10:07 AM       
Isn't it something that has to do with nasty meat products?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 12:16 PM       
Blood, glorious blood.

One thing I absolutely would not ever be able to eat...and this isn't even a meat product...is huitlacoche.

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000344.php

Mildewed corn. Nummy num num.
MAMA MIA!
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 12:26 PM       
The first time he ever paid for an infection!!
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
What's black pudding?
Now that I look it up, it's apparently the exact same thing as blood sausage (which I like), not at all what I thought it was... some years ago I was served something called "black pudding" at a self-styled 'Brazilian' restaurant run by first generation Italian Americans and their parents. I always took them at their word that it was black pudding, but according to a cursory search on Wikipedia it was NOT. God only knows what it was.

Which is horrifying, because the gritty lump of substance that I was served in that restaurant definitely had blood as an ingredient. It was served alongside this giant platter with a wide meat selection and sheep's brains, all of which were fucking delicious; though I'm still not sure how the restaurant qualified as "Brazilian".

And now I notice that somehow I've gotten close to the actual conversation topic.

What the fuck?
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 01:44 PM       
God I wish that restaurant was still open

They had an old guy playing a piano in the lobby back in the day. Now it's a nickle and dime sushi place

I'm fucking depressed now, man, I we gave that old guy a huge tip when we visited for my older cousin's graduation dinner, he was awesome
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM       
I'm sorry for your loss.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 07:11 PM       
probably the 'independent caterers' at every school i've gone to
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 01:46 PM       
I got one of the lunch ladies' chin hairs in my lunch in middle school. Does that count?
Forum Virgin
shekk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 03:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
we have a mexican grocery near here where you put your two bucks on the counter, go around the back and they hand you a taco out the back door.

my dad has been brave enough. Me, no chance in hell.
i too have a mexican meat market right around the corner. you dont have to go around to the back to get a taco lol, but they do have some wild shit there. headcheese(brains), cow tongue, lips etc . all of which can be put on a taco served with cilantro which covers up any flavor.

btw why are you guys eating in the bathroom?

facts are useless things -reagan
MAMA MIA!
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 04:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by shekk View Post
btw why are you guys eating in the bathroom?
Probably the next stop after eating that shit. Just cutting corners.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 09:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Haggis is nothing more than a glorified sausage ball involving oats, liver, and heart, and is no worse than black pudding is to Americans
Haggis = Scrapple made out of sheep.

It's not bad, actually.
You may already be there.
MAMA MIA!
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 10:50 AM       
What is a scrapple??
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 12:04 PM       
Haggis, made from pigs.

EDIT: OK, my apologies, I'm being obstructive. Scrapple is what's left over from pigs after you've used about as much as you can from the cuts you want. The "scraps" are then fed into a grinder and puréed. Corn meal or starch is added for texture, and salt and spices to taste.

I've known about it since forever, as it's a staple of the "Pennsylvania Dutch" or Amish/Mennonite sects of Lancaster county - about 50 miles west of Philadelphia. I'm guessing they have a similar "pork by-product" in other enclaves, such as those in Iowa, Ohio and North Carolina.

Slice it thin and fry it up until it's crisp, and it's actually quite tasty.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Apr 6th, 2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: being a douchebag
MAMA MIA!
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM       
Oh. Like chorizo, then.

BTW I love the note in your edit.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 08:53 AM       
Yes, there is much scrapple around here.

When I was a kid, it sounded to me like something delicious made from little scraps of apple. Boy was that a nasty surprise.