Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 03:15 PM       
Something going "boo" is way scarier

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerothree View Post
Wait a minute, you mean Tetris wasn't a metaphor for communist Russia?
Well yeah, sure but the Tzar was and is one of the Undying, what do they teach you in Kindergarden over in the states?

...they DO teach you about the Undying and how to enslave lesser Demons to do your bidding in Grade School, donīt they?
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM       
Jesus Christ this is the worst E3 ever you guys

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 12:46 PM       
So I've got a friend who has discovered video games. Except it's 'Angry Birds', and she tells me it's the best game ever, even though it's her first game, and she says she is addicted to it. Even though she's only been playing it for a few days and staying up till 1:00am (!!!). Addicted.

Give me good and funny arguments. I've used all the basics such as 'get a real game' etc.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 01:49 AM       
To be fair, I was hanging with bigtimecow and his girlfriend, and hearing his girlfriend talk about 3 starring level in Angry Birds was EXACTLY like hearing btc talk about Platinuming Infamous. It was so precious that I spared her the eyeroll.

I don't know your friend, so to her I would tell her I liked physics based projectile games back when they were called "Worms" and weren't made for idiots. Then I'd tell her it's just a fad and will fade into obscurity faster than Guitar Hero. Except there's no plastic junk to play Angry Birds, so no one will have a closet full of regret to remind them of what once was.

She would have stopped listening to me at "Worms" and tuned out as I walk away saying "YEA I TOLD HER!" Because Angry Birds fans don't care that their shit is shit. It's like people who think McDonald's is good because they haven't had a good burger before.

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 10:11 AM       
Yeah, I said it was like worms only for HIPSTERS. I said it was a fad. I said all that crap.

I just want to be right. Is that too much to ask?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 04:49 PM       
Or you could let somebody else enjoy something they like and pry the sneer off of your face.

Casual games cover a large segment of the population and serve their own purpose with a unique set of goals - ones not fulfilled by other games.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 10:02 PM       
I play Angry Birds on the bus. Casual gamers suck because their sway is GROOOOWING.

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:42 AM       
I find the Call of Dutys and the Battlefields and the subscription-based downloadable content more terrifying.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 01:32 AM       
AS terrifying, for me.

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 02:23 AM       
I mean, I won't ever believe that the casual vibe is going to corrupt the entire world, but the microtransactions that involve large pieces of content scare me.

I don't think either will matter in the long run. There are too many people making games and too many people JUST getting into making games and many of them don't work off of those types of pay structures. In fact, I'd say some of my favorite games and ones I've spent most on have been Pay What You Want or sub-$20, having been worked on by small, small teams. The game I'm most psyched for in the near future, Hawken, only has about 9 people working on it and will be free to play.

My point is that, as afraid as I am that shitty free to play games and DLC is going to ruin many games, there's still going to be a ton of games out there and the market will welcome that. I don't like what EA's been doing with their games, so I've made the conscious decision not to give a fuck about any of their games. Guess what? I don't care about Mass Effect and Dead Space and Star Wars and Need For Speed anymore. They've poisoned them for me and it's easy not to go back to them.

Ambitious games that work with a few new ideas, then refine them well get me these days, like Amnesia, Legend of Grimrock, and STALKER.

If Angry Birds wants to make money off of rubes, then that's fine with me. Doesn't affect my sphere too much. They have a right to make tons of money and rubes have a right to be rubes.

(sorry because words )
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM       
baleeted

Why the fuck does the Wii shop channel ask for your county instead of your country? That's confusing as shit, you jerks. Who even does that?

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jun 9th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM       

hell yes son HELL FUCKING YES
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 01:26 AM       
i doubt that game makes it out of japan just like the capcom jojo game

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 09:15 PM       
Wasn't the PSX one released in the US? I'm about 70% sure it was.

If they keep Joseph's "HO MAI GAWWD" KO scream it will pretty much be the best
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 09:49 PM       
Yeah, the Playstation one made it stateside, but I don't see a lot of support for another one. Maybe if you can spike interest in a "ZA WARUDO!!" meme.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 01:48 AM       
mmm i thought it didn't my bad

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 07:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post

hell yes son HELL FUCKING YES
oh shit, oh shit

i have the one for dreamcast which was released in the states too
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 07:23 AM       
I had the Dreamcast one, as well.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 09:13 PM       
Steam summer sale. Go buy Terraria.

drifting in the void
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 03:50 AM       
Too late, bought it when it came out

The summer sale is kinda...I don´t know, I either have those game already, they´re not available in Germany (Max Payne 3, Dead Space 2, etc.) or I can or have to play them anyway because of my work...

Still, I like those sales, bought Skyrim for 33, a day later they reduced it to 24...whatever, at least I can play with mods now Finally more thunderstorms and better rain in Skyrim.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 08:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
I can or have to play them anyway because of my work...
Give me your job.

But yeah, I have a lot of the games that are going on sale so far. I'm still finding plenty to spend money on, though.

drifting in the void
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM       
I don´t think you´d like my job that much, there IS playing games involved, but it´s mostly really shitty, old or casual games, most of these things, I would never ever touch in my spare time.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 01:14 AM       
Just picked up Dawn of War 2 bundle on Steam for like $16.50 including all xpacs and DLCs.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 08:29 PM       
Fucks Steam and their super crappy offline mode. Fuck them and their "Forums use different accounts than actual Steam accounts.".