Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 10:43 PM       
Quote:
I read the ladder theory long ago.
It's not enough to just read The ladder Theory my boy... Ya gotta live it... Ya gotta Breath it...

If one did, they'd prolly never get laid again...

Or would they?!!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 11:26 PM       
Eh... the ladder theory is satire. If you were to "live" the ladder theory, you'd end up being one of those asshole guys that picks up hot chicks at bars and then dumps them off at the side of the road (exaggeration, but you know what I'm getting at).

I refuse to stoop to that level, even though I've experimented with it. See, quite a few weeks ago I decided that I might make myself feel better if I started thinking of girls as mere objects, and it did work for a while... until I started feeling guilty and stopped.

Baalzamon is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 11:58 PM       
Oh yeah, the ladder theory is totally geared towards the type of situation where you are simply trying to fuck anything that will let you.

It only applies very loosly to actual relationships between thinking reasonable people(at least you would hope thinking and reasonable)

In real life I would never let ladder theory be any more than a tool to estimate other peoples attitudes towards you at a given moment.

It has some points about the general behaviour and attraction trends and can help predict where things are going, and how to influence them, somewhat, sometimes, maybe.

While reading it it is also easy to point out so many situations you may have witnessed in your life that are rationalized by Ladder theory perfectly, which in my opinion is the fun of the theory altogether.

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 12:09 AM       
Quote:
I refuse to stoop to that level, even though I've experimented with it. See, quite a few weeks ago I decided that I might make myself feel better if I started thinking of girls as mere objects, and it did work for a while... until I started feeling guilty and stopped.
Thats not really the point of the theory IMO.

The idea is to try and figure out why a some girls are too fucking stupid to figure out that the tatoo'd biker who beats the shit out of them and ignores them whenever they get bored probably isnt the best guy for her.

Its also to help normal guys stay the fuck away from these women so they dont end up becoming intellectual whores or cuddle bitches.

All it really talks about is avoiding traps, like the one you are in right now chimp.

As far as helping people like us actually get women, it has very little to offer.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 01:30 AM       
J: ME FUCKING TOO. I want to get a tour bike one day and then just roam the country with all my shit under the seat. I'd get in adventures and have to kill people. It would rule all.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:36 AM       
I wish my life was a Bon Jovi song.
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 11:41 AM       
The last couple of day's accomplishments:

1. Convinced krazyCanuk to ask her why I'm on her block/ignore list in MSN. Will buy him some Subway food if he convinces her to talk to me.

2. Phoned. Was told by dad that she is not at home. Dad said he would say I phoned. At least I was told she wasn't at home BEFORE he asked my name.

3. Saw her today getting notes from friends outside of class. Was ignored conspicuously.

Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 03:08 PM       
SHE FUCKING HATES YOU, YOU DUMBASS! GET FUCKING OVER HER ALREADY GOD DAMNIT! IT'S SO PATHETIC! FIND SOMEONE WORTH GOING AFTER AT LEAST!

If she doesn't call you back after 2 I want you to swear to never think about her again.

Also, you guys talking about the ladder theory and testing it out... you fail to understand that women are looking for the looks/power/money aspect of a relationship, something you can't provide. :/
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 03:22 PM       
Quote:
Also, you guys talking about the ladder theory and testing it out... you fail to understand that women are looking for the looks/power/money aspect of a relationship, something you can't provide

HAhah no shit man, i couldnt agree with that more... Infact all of what ya said royal...

Chimp If she has you blocked on msn etc take the hint .... Walk away, find another girl and rub it in her godamned face... Or not... but move on, it's for the best O.G...

As for the ladder theory, it is tripe... But i found it quite insightful while searching for reasons as to why i never got laid in my last relationship... If anything it was a pretty humorous read.
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 03:59 PM       
:O

I talked to her today. She was friendly, and the D-Man and Baalzamon were there to confirm it.

I asked her if she wanted to go out for coffee or something to talk, and she asked me if there was a specific reason why I'd like to go out and talk, and I was all like, "No. " Then she said that she was busy over the weekend, which is understandable with an exam next week, and it's the long weekend so she was going out somewhere on Monday. I expected her to say she was busy at the moment, but at least she is being nice.

Then I complimented her on her new Hello Kitty binder, and she stood right beside a door that kept opening and closing. I told her that she was going to get hit by the door, and when she did I laughed at her, and she was all like, "Yeah, fuck you." and we said goodbye.

I'm not depressed anymore.

For now.

EDIT: Did I mention that she was the one who walked over to me? Cause she did.
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 04:04 PM       
Hold ya head my friend... Hold ya head...

Go grab a brew and have fun for the weekend!
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 04:34 PM       
She suspects that I still want to talk about our relationship, and my letter, because that's why she asked.

She asked all quietly, too.

I dunno, but I still think that there's a chance. I'm not going to be a big homo about it all this time, though.

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 04:57 PM       
Since you won the draw, you could easily just send the Triad brothers over to talk to her...
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 04:59 PM       
No, I only won protection on this board. For everything else, I have make gifts like the rest of you.

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:07 PM       
Oh...my bad.

But seriously, if she just blows you off like that, do you really believe she's interested?

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:08 PM       
Wow, you poor delusion sucker. I hate this! I hate hate hate this! I hate to see a friend of mine waste so much fucking energy by beating a dead horse. Just please please please please get over her and do yourself a favour. There are very very few women worth this much shit.
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:12 PM       
Gay.

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:16 PM       
I think she doesn't like you...but she's just doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Just leave her. I think she already left you. :/
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Gay.
Yes, you are being extremely gay.

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:57 PM       
First of all, you didnt tell me that you had gotten Crazy kanuk to get her to talk to you, and that changes things a bit.

Quote:
I talked to her today. She was friendly, and the D-Man and Baalzamon were there to confirm it.
Yes, she was friendly to you. No that doesnt necessarily mean anything. especially if it was Kanuk who convinced her to talk to you.

Quote:
I think she doesn't like you...but she's just doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Just leave her. I think she already left you.
Truer words where never spoken.

In all fairness, yes you did get her to talk to you, and agree to talk to you at a later date. Thats a good thing, but it took you how many weeks + external assistance to do it?

I will reserve judgement untill this plays out, but you should listen to these people man.

Everything about this points to her attempting to get this out of the way without hurting your feelings.

Quote:
I dunno, but I still think that there's a chance. I'm not going to be a big homo about it all this time, though.
Maybe now that she realizes what a homo you've been about it shes just trying to do you a favour by clarifying things in a way that will allow you to retain what little dignity you have left. It seems reasonable, because I never really thought she hated you or wished you harm.

When she tells you that shes not interested (and I'm 99% sure she will), please do the right thing, by thanking her sincerely for finally saying so, and then leave her the fuck alone before you mess yourself up again.

On the other hand if you can actually pull this off I will personally take that all back and congratulate you, and possibly even buy you a Guiness.
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:00 PM       
Quote:
I think she doesn't like you...but she's just doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Just leave her. I think she already left you.
I'd rather find out from her straight up, though, than guess. She has told me that she still likes me, but has never said "I'm not interested in you," etc. If she doesn't want me around, then she needs the balls to say so.

Tropical and soundtest have convinced me that great patience is required, and I have been a gay homo for wanting to rush everything. I had to be called grasshopper before I understood that.

EDIT: Baalzamon, you flip-flop on your position too much.

krazyCanuk has not talked to her since I convinced him to convince her to talk to me (i.e. I only talked to him yesterday and he hasn't talked to her in that time, so no outside assistance was involved today.) :P

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 07:45 PM       
Quote:
EDIT: Baalzamon, you flip-flop on your position too much.
Too fucking bad. I'm just trying to analyze everything and make sure I give you advice from a variety of different angles.

Would you rather I take one position only and just continually tell you you are gay and stupid like snake pretty much does?

And do you want me to buy you a fucking beer or not? The point of that was to motivate you to prove me wrong
Resident Chimp
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 08:16 PM       
I threw your whole post into doubt with the rest of my edit!

Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:24 PM       
"Would you rather I take one position only and just continually tell you you are gay and stupid like snake pretty much does?"

YOU SHOULD! Because what he is doing is gay and stupid, a waste of time, and is getting him nowhere but stalkerville. Chimp, take this advice from a friend of yours who has actually managed to get a girlfriend and has actually had sex, forget about her! You'll find another girl.

Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 03:05 PM       
Quote:
I threw your whole post into doubt with the rest of my edit!
you wish.

You disproved a single point, and one that my argument did not rely on in any way. Just because there was no outside assistance does not mean that she wanted to jump in your pants :P

You look like your a lot more level headed about it this time around, and thats good. I'm just trying to help you keep it all in prospective. Hold it together and things will work out.

Quote:
YOU SHOULD! Because what he is doing is gay and stupid, a waste of time, and is getting him nowhere but stalkerville.
Its one thing to advise him and tell him what we think the consequences of his actions will be, its quite another to just insult him mercilessly. Its not really going to make him want to listen to us, is it chimp?

I'm more of the opinion that he'll get the "just friends" deal. It will only lead to stalkerville if he acts like a homo about it. So I advise that he takes it in stride and tries to end the conversation on decent terms. I do not advise that he is "gay and stupid".

And I see no reason to tell him that he shouldnt even try. He could actually prove us wrong, despite the odds against him. I for one would be happy to see him succeed. I simply dont think he will in this situation, but it cant hurt to try as long as he handles it properly. It is fairly safe IMO for chimp to talk to her, even if it doesnt work out, because he has a really good chance of salvaging dignity in the situation either way.

You are just pissed off because if Chimp actually pulls this off he will have a girlfriend that you hate. Thats too fucking bad. Just because you cant handle each other doesnt mean that he should just give it all up to keep you happy. Just because you hate her doesnt mean he has to too.

There are lots of decent people that you hate, for no other reason to be a difficult son of a bitch, and If I just stopped talking to all of them for your sake I would have a lot fewer friends.

Leave Chimp be, let him make his own mistakes.

I feel my only duty here is to tell him what I think will happen. If he doesnt listen to me, calling him gay and stupid wont change his mind, so I see no purpose to it.