Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Get Your Own Title >:(
arg_zombies is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 01:18 PM       
God, i thought the visual were amazing!
I agree with MM though, but I think that it's more meant for the art, than the plot....
I'd have to say my most memorable bit was in the first battle scene, where he whacks the guy in the air and slices his leg off
I thought the animals were cool though

Did everyone get the ending though - why the Sparta King guy didn't kill Xerxes? And only cut him? Yeah?
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 02:38 PM       
i got it BECAUSE XERCES DIDNT FUCKING DIE IN THAT BATTLE YOU IDIOT
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 02:44 PM       
no i mean why the Spartan guy didn't aim to kill, just to hurt Xerces.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 03:22 PM       
because he didn't want him to die, he wanted him to know the fear of death, which is essentially worse than dying you dim-witted fuck!
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 03:55 PM       
Actually it was to prove that he wasn't a 'god'. He said before that by the end of the fight he'd show that even gods bleed.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 11:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Although people like Jixby and his hangers-on will probably roll their eyes and groan if they read this; I thought it was good for what it was.
Oh man Jixby I loved that 300 movie but you went and said you didn't like it, so I had to agree with you so I could earn some cool points from you, dude!

I didn't like Gladiator either. I'm not a fan of ultra-serious movies, guys, leave me alone.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 11:41 PM       
I'm a tool and douche bag for not being a complete fanboy geek who cums at the thought of some super edgy and cool comic that is turned into a movie that I gave a 7 or maybe even an 8.

Zomboid and AChimp, it's fun to watch you two Canadians get all bent out of shape over somebody who didn't think the movie was the best thing cinema has produced in 20 years. Get a grip yall, I didn't say it sucked.
Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 01:26 AM       
guys no no no this movie was SHIT it was like WATCHING a one sided argument given by an insecure white guy talking about how his dad beat up two black guys. the eye-candy on TOP of that motif only helped the movie itself to collapse on the floor with its face down and choke on a big rock to death FUCK this movie
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
The above statement was false....
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 06:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Oh man Jixby I loved that 300 movie but you went and said you didn't like it, so I had to agree with you so I could earn some cool points from you, dude!
Well I was referring to Gadzooks more than anyone but whatever.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 04:23 PM       
This movie was the stupidest, vilest, most offensive piece of shit I have ever seen. If you liked it, you are dead to me (most of you already were).
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 04:25 PM       
Offensive? How was it offensive?
Mocker
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 04:30 PM       
The movie is preposterously racist and Eurocentric, and portrays Sparta in a ridiculous, extraordinarily inaccurate light. Frank Miller is a right-wing fucktard (read his interviews). Freedom? Please. Tell that to all the neighboring city-states that Sparta enslaved. And since when is Xerxes a seven-foot tall homosexual, and all the "Orientals" ogres and trolls and sexmongers?
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 04:36 PM       
Ever heard of something called artistic license?
Explain why America is always portrayed as the 'hero', when they are horrendous arms dealers, which supplies most wars in 3rd world countries. 300 is a greek myth, so it is obviously going to be portrayed through greek eyes.
God.
Mocker
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 04:45 PM       
First of all, the movie sucks as "art". But that's beside the point.

Someone who uses his or her "artistic license" to create a movie that glorifies the KKK should not be immune to criticism, either. Face it--the movie makes a political statement about different peoples that isn't just wrong, but intentionally, and horrifyingly so. This is not a literal retelling of Herodotus, but Frank Miller's worldview.

The fact you even recognize that the portrayal of America is often one-sided, and decline to challenge that, makes you part of the problem.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 04:50 PM       
Mate, I watch films as films, I don't get into a giant heat over analyzing how against my views they are - it is not meant to be historically accurate, it is meant to be an entertaining, action movie which appeals to a wide audience with good visuals and storyline.

If you want to argue over the biased coverings of america, take this to the philosophy forum.
Mocker
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 04:56 PM       
No, it's not just meant to be entertaining. You're stupefyingly wrong on this point. Okay, blissfully ignore the obvious political overtones of this movie. You're just another stupid sausage, passive and impotent.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 05:05 PM       
I didn't say it was solely meant to be entertaining did I? I said it is meant to be entertaining, as it is. 300 is meant ot glorify the Greek victory, not show them in a bad way, otherwise that'd be defeateing the point of the victory, wouldn't it. The film is about the amazing courage and strength shown by the Spartans against the thousands of warriors sent against them.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM       
Hey guys, don't spoil the ending for those who haven't seen it yet.

KTHNX.
Mocker
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 09:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by arg_zombies View Post
300 is meant ot glorify the Greek victory, not show them in a bad way, otherwise that'd be defeateing the point of the victory, wouldn't it. The film is about the amazing courage and strength shown by the Spartans against the thousands of warriors sent against them.
Way to describe the obvious, idiot. Sometimes movies aren't just about what is obvious.

If it's about glorifying the Greek victory at Thermopylae, then why the American metaphors? Sparta has nothing whatsoever in common with the United States, except perhaps the military. Why portray Persians and other "Orientals" as grotesque monsters????

What percentage of Americans (and Brits, since you are from there) knew one single thing about the Achaemenid Empire before this movie? I would say 1-2%, and that's probably generous. Even if you grant "artistic license", many people are going to come away with an unjustifiably positive view of Sparta, and an unjustifiably negative view of Persia.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 10:07 PM       
People die in really cool ways. End of story. Cool movie. God damn we have some fags here. If you don't like it, ok. No reason to force all these blatant facts about the movie on people to try to sway them. The movie's black and white. We are the good guys and they are the bad guys. Kill them in really cool ways and make it entertaining. Mission: Complete
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 12:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post

Zomboid and AChimp, it's fun to watch you two Canadians get all bent out of shape over somebody who didn't think the movie was the best thing cinema has produced in 20 years. Get a grip yall, I didn't say it sucked.
Fucking 10 days after the initial argument is over and you still don't get it. I DON'T CARE THAT YOU DON'T LOVE THE MOVIE. I wouldn't even rate it higher than an 8 or maybe a 7 1/2 after the second viewing. My problem with you is the same one that noob had with arg_zombies, and it's that you're a dumb fuck. So, if you wanna continue looking like a retard, go right ahead; just make sure that you don't keep talking out of your ass, k? Oh, and continually trying to insult us by pointing out that we're Canadian? I'm really impressed and I bet that you're the wittiest person in any group that you're ever in

hickman - I agree with that. I just skimmed some of the posts about how it's RACIST and IT TRIES TOO HARD TO BE SERIOUS and shit like that. Really, I don't know what some of you were expecting. Frank Miller's not the genius that some people like to present him as, and it's a an ultra-stylized action movie. Did you really expect great dialogue and realism here? It's supposed to look cool and it does but it should've been obvious from the trailers alone that it's not for everybody.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
hickman - I agree with that. I just skimmed some of the posts about how it's RACIST and IT TRIES TOO HARD TO BE SERIOUS and shit like that. Really, I don't know what some of you were expecting. Frank Miller's not the genius that some people like to present him as, and it's a an ultra-stylized action movie. Did you really expect great dialogue and realism here? It's supposed to look cool and it does but it should've been obvious from the trailers alone that it's not for everybody.
Look, when millions of people watch this movie and don't realize how racist it is, that's a problem. A big one.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:25 AM       
300 needs to go apologize on David Letterman.

Mocker
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:27 AM       
I know you guys are saying "it's just a dumb action flick" but it's more than that, even though it pretends not to be. It makes a political statement, one that is reflective of Miller's perverse worldview. That most of you don't take it as such is, I suspect, just what Miller wants. He can't possibly get away with a "serious" effort at portraying his idea of racism/eurocentrism so he "dumbs it down" into a movie that is ridiculously devoid of historical context and irony. That's how to get people like you guys to passively accept that kind of lunacy.
MY DAD
kon is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:28 AM       
300 isn't racist, that's what so insane about this.