Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 02:18 PM        Friday the 13th the series
Has anyone ever watched this? I just rented the first season on dvd, and it's generally pretty awesome, with the exception of the fact that they seem to be trying to get some kind of sexual tension between the main characters, who are cousins.

I guess what I want to know from anyone who watched this show is whether I'm wrong about the sexual tension thing, or whether I'm wrong about them being cousins. I mean, they have the same uncle.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 03:34 PM       
Yep, I talked about it extensively here:

http://www.i-mockery.com/blabber/200...-comes-to-dvd/

KAPOW!
Mocker
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 07:14 PM       
ah, Lewis Vendredi, like, Friday. I didn't get that until I read it.
But still, the sexual tension between the two cousins is by far the creepiest part of the show. Am I wrong?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 06:11 AM       
It had a good amount of camp value, its a shame that the name was simply for a hot marquee but its pretty rad for what it was.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 12:57 PM       
I used to wish I had hair like hers when I was little.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 02:53 PM       
Used to watch this quite a bit on sci-fi. I only remember the episode with the amish people and the death blanket.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 03:19 PM       
Anyone remember the one with the playhouse where the evil kid(s) could send people they didn't like to some other dimension?
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 03:29 PM       
They didn't send people they didn't like to an alternate dimension, did they? I thought that they just abducted other kids who they wanted to play with and trapped them in there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 04:04 PM       
From what I remember, they lured them into the playhouse and could either trap them there forever or send them away. I remember the kids losing their tempers and screaming "I hate you!" or some other magic phrase like that and the playhouse becoming all ominous and locking them away somewhere forever.

I also remember that the kids involved were abused and doing it as a means of escape/controlling their own reality
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 10:22 PM       
I remember when this first came out and I was seriously wondering where Jason was by the end credits. Great show though.
Mocker
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM       
I've watched the first four discs with four episodes each, and so far, every disc has had an episode about an object that allows the owner to seduce people and later kill them. But really, they are all extremely awesome.
the axe and the smasher
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM       
I know the Friday the 13th name helped sell the series, but it really deserved it's own name. It was a solid series on it's own.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:34 PM       
Yeah, I was fully expecting Jason too.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 02:26 PM       
Didn't they have an episode with his mask in it?
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 03:22 PM       
They might have.

"Freddy's Nightmares" was good too. I don't know if they still show it on Chiller, but they used to. It was kind of like a poor man's Tales From the Crypt.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM       
Hahaha, agreed. I have 3 of the VHS tapes for freddy's nightmares I ordered when I used to work at blockbuster.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 09:09 AM       
There was a Freddy boardgame that came out about that time too. I used to have it.

I always wondered how Robert Englund got through life without developing a major allergy to all that liquid latex he wore.
the axe and the smasher
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 01:54 PM       
If not an allergy, at least an aversion to the smell of that stuff.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 05:23 AM       
maybe he has a fetish