Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Virgin

JOEBIALEK is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 03:46 AM        Abortion
On this 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, I would like to share my views on the issue of abortion.

Life begins at the point of conception. No one can deny that after a human being is conceived it will develop into the very same being as those debating this issue. What astounds me is that those who favor abortion went through an identical development stage as the being they are condemning to death. Would these very same people agree that a similiar choice should have been made about their own existence? Abortion today is used primarily as a birth control of convenience because people are too self-centered to take precautions. They prefer their own pleasurable self-indulgence over the care and sanctity of the life they created. What ever happened to taking responsibility for one's actions in this country? Is it too much to ask a woman who has conceived to place the child into adoption? Nine months of discomfort is nothing compared to life in prison for voluntary manslaughter! Does the father of the child have a say in this? And what about the constitution of the United States? Are not all people conceived in this country deserving of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? I believe abortion is a crime against humanity and should be outlawed. We need to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision and get back to cherishing life in this country. For a country that murders it's children cannot be far from self destruction.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 05:02 AM       
murder is awesome, dude

quit being down on murder, i breaka you face
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 05:20 AM       
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. That is how it goes, isn't it? It's easy to tell people to always use a condom, and if they fuck up, then they should bear the consequences. But what when it happens to YOU!?

Can you guarantee you would want this child? I don't know you, but let's just say you're the average guy, who maybe has had a bit much to drink at a party, and then happens to engage in the glorious act of fornication with a stranger, without a condom, and it turns out she's pregnant! This phenomenon is also known as the movie "Knocked Up".

You don't like each other and you don't have the money. It's too late for any "should haves" cause that baby is coming. Now, they have only 3 choices: Try to make it work, (and just 'cause it worked in Knocked Up, that doesn't mean it will in real life) get an abortion, or like you said, put it up for adoption.

Trying to make it work: This will likely end in a miserable existence for child and parents, as the parents are forced to work their asses of for a child they weren't ready for, or if they could support it, but simply hate each other, it will all end in terrible emotional strife. In some cases it might work, but the majority cases would surely end badly.

Abortion: BOOYAH! Everyone gets off scott-free! You say it's murder? Well, I say that kid isn't even really sentient or capable of feeling pain. And would you want to be responsible for ruining your parent's lives? I thought so.

Adoption: You may have heard of what is called maternal instinct? Yep, that's right, mothers automaticaly feel love for their little ones. So, when that kid is born, how many mothers do you think will want to part with their children. Not many I'm betting, not many at all. Noone can force them either, so at this point, it's simply too late.

Personally, I can't believe that people can be so selfish as to force their strange little ideas of right and wrong upon others! Noone forces people to have an abortion, and it's their pregnancy, so let them do what the fuck they want!

And I realize this lengthy response may be wasted on a drone like this one, but hey, it opens the thread for discussion, don't it?
He speaks truth!
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 11:10 AM       
Thank you for your response. You will receive a reply in 8-12 weeks.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 01:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEBIALEK View Post

Abortion today is used primarily as a birth control of convenience because people are too self-centered to take precautions. They prefer their own pleasurable self-indulgence over the care and sanctity of the life they created.

I'd very much like to see statistical evidence to back your claim. How "convenient" can an expensive, uncomfortable, and potentially medically risky procedure be when compared to condoms or the pill?

Or are you just pulling "facts" out of your ass the way Kulturekamf does?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 07:16 PM       
Abortion as a form of birth control is like having gastric bypass surgery to lose 10 pounds.

From a surgical perspective, of course.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 12:42 AM       
Every time he posts here, I whiz by Mr. Bialek's post to read the responses. Usually, Kevin cuts and pastes Joe's introductory speech...but he's a little slow today, I guess.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 01:23 AM       
hell, i support abortions as late as the 75th trimester
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 04:10 PM       
I think life begins at foreplay.
I also think abortions should be legal until age 8.
Feel the guilt
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux View Post
I also think abortions should be legal until age 8.
Shit, if I understood that right, you know how many babies we would suddenly see flying out of windows? Those...things can be annoying, and if it wasn't murder, I'm sure many people would love to give 'em a toss.

Don't take this wrong, I love babies, as long as they aren't screaming and throwing up on you.
He speaks truth!
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM       
I don't.

In fact, I'd like to extend Cosmo's proposition by adding that abortions can be carried out by complete strangers when in a restaurant/movie theater/airplane, and other locatinos depending on the region (bath house, head shop, etc).

Ms. Sorghum Molasses '82
Sleazeappeal is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEBIALEK View Post
On this 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, I would like to share my views on the issue of abortion.

Alright, go ahead.

Quote:
Life begins at the point of conception. No one can deny that after a human being is conceived it will develop into the very same being as those debating this issue. What astounds me is that those who favor abortion went through an identical development stage as the being they are condemning to death. Would these very same people agree that a similiar choice should have been made about their own existence?

A similar choice was made in regards to my own existence. My parents chose to have another child.

Quote:
Abortion today is used primarily as a birth control of convenience because people are too self-centered to take precautions. They prefer their own pleasurable self-indulgence over the care and sanctity of the life they created.
Choosing to live in poverty on your own over choosing to live in poverty with a child is a self-indulgence?

Quote:
What ever happened to taking responsibility for one's actions in this country?
Choosing to have a child and raise it is accepting the consequences of ones actions.
Choosing to have an abortion is accepting the consequences of ones actions.
Choosing to give birth to a child and then passing the duty of raising it to another is not.

If we're talking about responsibility, real responsibility, then adoption is probably the least exemplary of the three stated options.

Quote:
Is it too much to ask a woman who has conceived to place the child into adoption? Nine months of discomfort is nothing compared to life in prison for voluntary manslaughter! Does the father of the child have a say in this?
If you can find him.

Quote:
And what about the constitution of the United States? Are not all people conceived in this country deserving of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
No.
A human being is conceived. A citizen is born.

Quote:
I believe abortion is a crime against humanity and should be outlawed. We need to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision and get back to cherishing life in this country. For a country that murders it's children cannot be far from self destruction.
Alright. But first let's see what we can do about discontinuing the death penalty. After all, are not the lives of our current citizens just as precious, if not more so, then the lives of our future citizens?

Now, if I may share MY views on abortion;

Abortion is sad.
Abortion is wrong.
Abortion is terrible.

But life, for lack of a better word, is complicated. Sooner or later, everyone must face a situation where there is no good outcome. It is moments like that which truly make us what we are and reveals to us where our true values lie, the ones where we must ask ourselves "Which choice do I believe is the least evil?"

In a truly free society, people must be allowed to make those choices for themselves.
Vanhelm13 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 06:03 PM       
children aren't self-aware until they're 2.
and until then it's just a parasite.
=D
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM       
I rarely meet anyone that are truly self-aware.

Stem cells are more useful than babies.

Doctor Boogie for president!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 06:45 PM       
As a man who has had his women have abortions many times over, I can tell you that it is painless and won't haunt you in the future. Plus it gives you a great reason to get a new girl since she killed your baby.
Vanhelm13 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 07:01 PM       
And after an abortion you don't have to pay for dinner!

...Because you can make a fetustew!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 08:51 PM       
Well-said, Sleaze.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 09:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
I don't.

In fact, I'd like to extend Cosmo's proposition by adding that abortions can be carried out by complete strangers when in a restaurant/movie theater/airplane, and other locatinos depending on the region (bath house, head shop, etc).
Here, here...
And, in that same vein, if a woman gives you a blowjob and swallows, you can either force to to have an abortion by ramming your finger down her throat, or have her arrested for eating your unborn child.
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 01:19 PM       
I hate to cut such a sensitive issue down to a one-liner, but to quote Ivan Stang: "Abortion is murder, but it's murder in self-defense."

Also, JOEBIALEK, I didn't know that you were Mitt Romney.
Styled Executioner is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 02:00 PM       
I'm anti-abortion because it way cooler to just push the woman down some stairs and go to town on her womb with a rusty, wire coathanger.
Feel the guilt
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM       
You people are all sick, but yet strangely fascinating.
He speaks truth!
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 04:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
I hate to cut such a sensitive issue down to a one-liner, but to quote Ivan Stang: "Abortion is murder, but it's murder in self-defense."

Would that hold up in court?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM       
Happy anniversary!

AWESOME
Madman914 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 06:51 PM       
If you're pro-life simply walk into the local Wal-mart, after about 5 minutes I guarantee that you will switch your viewpoints.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 07:20 PM       
Golly, I sure am glad someone brought up this not-at-all-tired-and-boring argument again! Surely, THIS time we'll come to a consensus!

Last edited by sspadowsky : Feb 12th, 2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: So glad to see this topic again that I forgot a word.