Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 10:34 AM        Favorite Bible LULZ
2 Kings 2:23-25

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths. And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

Luke 11:11-13
"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

I think that this passage was put in just to test if people are paying attention during Mass, since the mental image of a father keeping scorpions around and giving one to his kids as a joke is just too precious to not laugh at.

Matthew 22:8-14 (Parable of the Wedding Banquet)
"Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
"But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 'Friend,' he asked, 'how did you get in here without wedding clothes?' The man was speechless.
"Then the king told the attendants, 'Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
"For many are invited, but few are chosen."

This parable occurs elsewhere in the Synoptic Gospels, but the additional "Send the underdressed asshole to hell to burn forever!" line was added to reflect the social climate of the Matthew audience.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT