Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:35 PM        GRADUATION: so now what do i do?
so i'm walking in like 2 weeks to receive my bachelor's degree in fine arts. i feel strange about leaving school. here's my current situation:

- working part-time at a local museum teaching an art/robotics class
- working part-time at my school's robotics lab as their graphics/media person
- would like to start saving money so i can move out by the end of the summer

what i'm really wondering is...do i now need a full time job? i've been working the same two jobs for the past four years. i can continue having hours at the robotics lab and there are more classes for me to teach over the summer and in the coming school semesters. i kind of want a change, because i have a degree and feel like i should get a job pertaining more to that. i could work at a gallery, at a printshop (ideally), at some shitty graphic design firm, etc.

ahhh, am i okay with my situation? because i get no benefits from these jobs (see: part time). i can't drop my teaching job because i've dedicated myself to these upcoming programs (nor do i want to drop it) but after the summer i could stop working at the robotics lab. i don't know! are the classes i am teaching / will be teaching enough to satisfy my having a degree? right now i just teach one class twice a week for a couple hours at a time. over the summer and on it would be four times a week for two separate classes. also, i want to make some damn art and submit it to galleries and what not. make some more money that way and keep my creative juices flowing

also, i can potentially T.A. a few classes next semester at school

audhaushdhuasdashdoahsdoajsdjasda

i'm just bitching
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:09 PM       
I graduated a couple weeks ago but I'm working on a second major and I plan on going to grad school. But then again I hate working, and it's just a way to put off doing what I don't want to do for a few more years.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:40 PM       
dude those jobs sound awesome i bet you could probably take on those extra hours comfortably now that you're finished with school and manage to save up and still have time to do what you love/look for a better job that'll allow you to do it full time.

congrats on graduating&goodluck

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM       
BTC, you rock! Congratulations on the sheepskin!

Go get some part time experience doing what you love, because you won't get that chance again. Saving money would be a big bonus. (Might cut down on beer funds, tho.)
You may already be there.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM       
YOULL BE LUCKY TO GET A JHOB WASHING LETTUCE AT THE LOCAL JACK IN THE BAX
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM       

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:01 PM       
You could go back to school and get a degree in something useful.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:12 AM       
You should use your new found wisdom to photoshop chefs hats on things.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:15 AM       
You live

You die
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:24 PM       
FUCK YOU TADAO

FUCK YOU EVIL ROBOT

FUCK YOU NICK

flagg, i haven't had good beer in so long. just PBR that my dad buys

and i take back the fuck yous :*

i'm realizing now that i'm just gonna continue what i'm doing for the summer and in the mean time start getting my name around (or something) by submitting to galleries, getting in talks with print shops, etc. i was just somewhat freaking out the other day and felt the need to implicate i-cockery. love you all
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:47 PM       
How about a major in coarse art.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:59 PM       
Why don't you just get some girl pregnant and move to st louis?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:07 PM       
:0