FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 10:25 AM       
guys, I just preordered mine!
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 10:29 AM       
fuck preordering, only pussys do that! I'm waiting for hours in line for mine!
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM       
Yeah, nerding it up is where it's at.
(Me too )

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 11:29 AM       
had mine preordered from work for about 2 months, but only remembered to preorder zelda today :P

Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 05:26 PM       
so i actually got to play one the other day. I got to play excite truck and it was actually really responsive. I was expecting there to be some lag when you turned but it actually worked pretty well. Going over bumps and collecting power ups while the controller vibrated and made neat sounds felt really natural. Also while in the air, tilt the controller backwards and the nose will go up, tilt it forward and the nose will go down. If you hit the ground level you would get a nice boost. Flight sims would rock on this system.

I then checked out some of the other channels, and like how it advertised, it does come packed with the forcast, news and internet right out of the box. A neat little thing that they included is the hand on the screen you chose stuff with will turn upside down when you turn the controller upside down.

My only beefs is the placement of the buttons make it feel weird. like the 1 and 2 button are really far away from where your hand rests. Also you dont point it at the screen, you have to point it near the sensor, which at first was akward but i got used to it. the movement felt smoother than a light gun. With light gun games, im very shakey and it shows on the screen. With the wii it moved really well and didnt really shake all over the screen like i expected it too.

Even tho it was a kinda restricted demo, and i didnt even get to play the game i wanted. It was pretty neat to get some hands on time with the system.

Im gonna get one as soon as i can.

Shifty is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 06:50 PM       
Thats why you put the sensor near the screen :P

Cliff burton Gotta love the best metal bassist to get crushed by a bus.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 09:23 PM       
How did I end up putting that here?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 02:46 AM       
everyone at work today were wearing "Wii. Play." shirts
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 10:25 AM       
http://us.wii.com/viewer.jsp?vid=14

it really looks fun hmmm cheaper and more fun
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 11:53 AM       
about 90% of their 'wii experience' videos feature only women. I wonder if that's supposed to be part of their market segmentation strategy or if they're going 'LOOK FELLAS EVEN RETARDS CAN USE IT.'

I played a Wii yesterday. And it was real good. I liked it.

The controller doesn't really 'shock and awe', it just feels very natural and you could forget it's even there, which is right where I think Nintendo needs to be - It needs to be the Wii that is the successful instrument, not its peripherals. Using the pointer feels better than I thought it would - all your natural jitters are smoothed out by the software and the controller vibrates a lil when you mouse over each option, creating a very solid feel. Even using the onscreen keyboard (to name my Mii) was way less awkward than with an analog or digital stick.

The excitetruck demo felt like pretty much any arcade racing game, with ridiculous jumps and powerups and simple controls. Steering seemed a little too sensitive, but I imagine you can adjust the sensitivity in the game on your home system.

It's a good system with lots of potential. Hopefully, enough developers will rise to the occasion and make innovative games for the system, rather than using the new technology as an afterthought as is the case in so many DS games.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:54 PM       
dude chojin are you talking shit on cooking mama
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 11:14 AM       
Cookin Mama is secks

I did what you're saying, Chojin. Alot of developers simply saw the DS as another Gameboy, and didn't use things like Wifi and the top screen to its advantage. I enjoyed fighting two fronts in Advance Wars, and Phoenix Wright used it well too. I'm afraid alot of developers are gonna see the Wii as another Gamecube, and since the hardware isn't that far removed, it's easy to fall into that trap.

I've got high hopes for the Revolution. Prince and the Revolution was amazing, I think this can be too. This new generation of gamers are too focused on graphics, and forget that innovation and other things come first. I'm not worried that Zelda doesn't have top notch graphics, I won't be worried that every bead of sweat won't be rendered on Link's face. When OoT came out, the graphics weren't that good, but it's possibly the best of the series.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 11:41 AM       
I'm really confused as to why all the Wii kiosks have Excitetruck and not Wii Sports. It seems like a no-brainer.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 02:01 PM       
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/14/dv...-half-of-2007/

if you wait till 07, you can get one with a dvd player....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 03:13 PM       
a dvd player would be nice, but i got 3 other things that can play dvds attached to the same tv

can understand why people would want one though

OK
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 09:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
I'm really confused as to why all the Wii kiosks have Excitetruck and not Wii Sports. It seems like a no-brainer.
I think it might have something to do with Nintendo's fear of being liable for injuries resulting from people flailing around in the middle of a Wal-mart electronics section.
was never good
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 12:35 AM       
Emily reports that Annapolis Mall now has 6 Wii Kiosks surrounding the information desk in the middle of the mall, all loaded with Wii Sports Tennis.

Now that's how you promote a user-friendly god-damn-befucking system. Brilliant move on Nintendo's part.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:05 AM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTGSkYRDpWY&eurl=

What exactly does the sensor bar do, then?
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 02:13 AM       
It acts as 100 little remotes.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 05:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTGSkYRDpWY&eurl=

What exactly does the sensor bar do, then?
acts as a reference point for the remote, so it knows where it is 'in space' by triangulating the points on the sensor bar when it can see it

was never good
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:16 PM       
Annapolis Mall's line at launch day

MANY A DS TO BE FOUND

8 people were in the game previously, but this is 6-man mario kart. I tried to make the image a lil more viewable ;<

For those of you wondering, here's how you hook gamecube controllers into the Wii. The white space behind it also flips up to hold the GC memory cards. Regardless, it makes the system look ugly so I avoid it ;<

Thanksgiving at Emily's aunt's house!

The kids play tennis and some non-gamers get involved EMOTIONALLY AND SPIRITUALLY

IT'S ADULT BOWL, GUYS. Not pictured: Emily's mom's victory dances

AND IT'S A BURNER OF A FASTBALL

BUT OH, OH, IT'S THE LEGENDARY PITCH, THE BLUE STREAK.

awwww
was never good
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM       
http://us.wii.com/viewer_tvcm_usa.jsp?vid=5

i love the music in this commercial ;<
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 05:32 PM       
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/22/th...-sports-boxer/

she's better then me. Maybe I ought to stick to zelda and red steel until "exciting witch hunt" hits stateside.
was never good
Old Nov 27th, 2006, 01:15 AM       
blackflag, who is that faggot that sent me a message yesterday from your wii ;<
OK
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 01:14 AM       
that was my girlfriend

she accidentally clicked a wrong letter and decided to just go with it