Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 10:34 PM       
Everyone expected the 360 to come out on top for total holiday '06 sales - It was available for an entire year, has a year's worth of games, and has way more stock ready to be bought.

As the launches went, the Wii had the best launch of all 3 systems, but the other launches were fucked up so badly by their own companies that the achievement alone doesn't say much.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 10:35 PM       
Also: My review of Warioware is up, Emily's will go live later tonight. There's VIDEO!

Also dragonball video is coming in a few hours; have to wait for GameTrailers to digest it.
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 12:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Also: My review of Warioware is up, Emily's will go live later tonight. There's VIDEO!

Also dragonball video is coming in a few hours; have to wait for GameTrailers to digest it.
Thanks Chojin! My news sources have failed me! I have long since given up game magazines since all I play is Ultimate Alliance and Tetris.

And WarioWare. WarioWare=love.

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
was never good
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 12:59 AM       
Emily's review and the Dragonball video are up now, JUST AS PROPHECISED
C:enter:###
SLjimbolian is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 12:22 AM       
DBZ 4 STARS!

I'm surprised because EGM gave it a lashing.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 12:26 AM       
I heard it kicked ass but also heard it repeats itself.
was never good
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 07:14 AM       
Today we reviewed Cars.

Much like the PS3, it represents the future of this industry, and the consumers are ready.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:57 AM       
so, the weather channel and the internet channel seem to be boring and pointless but the news channel is AWESOME
was never good
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:02 PM       
YES SUHHHH

I took a video of it!

http://www.wiikitty.com
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 11:43 AM       
I just got a Wii over the weekend, so now i feel like jumping on the bandwagon and giving you my impressions instead of going to class. So here goes!

Mii channel: This is the first thing I did after setting the system up (obviously) and the mii creator is actually a pretty powerful tool for making caricatures of people, save for one GLARING weakness: REDHEADS ARE S.O.L.!!!!! This leaves my girlfriend and one of roommates in a quite pissed-off mood after being left with little brown-haired fags that only half look like them. Besides that, though, one of the most powerful and user-friendly avatar creators I've ever used, if used correctly.

Wii Sports: There is not much I could say here that has not already been said elsewhere: bowling is great, tennis and baseball are ok, golf is hard as hell, but boxing is where I dissagree with much of what I've read. I love wii boxing and I'm not ashamed to say that. Sure, the gloves don't do exactly what you want them to all the time, but KOing the deuche in front of me with a right hook to the knee is among the most satisfying things I've done in my life. A note about golf: my roomate Bart, who actually has some golf experience, totally owns at wii golf. Coincidence, or great programming? I truly wonder.

Lengend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: It seems to happen that when people get a wii, they play LOZ for about five minutes before setting it aside to play a more quick-fix kind of game, and I turned out to be no exception. It appears to be Zelda game: looks like one, sounds like one, smells like one, which is all I ask of this game, so I'm imressed so far. However, whichever asshole at Nintendo felt that the Navi pointer just HAD to make noise when moved needs to be strangled with a pair of nunchuks. Real ones.

Sorry, that was corny.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion: There are naysayers, many of whom live with me, that are quick to pass this up based on concept alone. These people are retarded. This is, by far, the most fun I've had with the wii yet. The pointer is amazingly accurate, as if you're using a laser pointer instead of the usually-slightly-latent wii remote, which begs the question: How the hell does Atlas understand the wiimote better than Nintendo? Performing surgury in this game is immemsely addictive, and a smooth learning curve keeps things interesting without too much frustration.

Trust me. This is what you bought a Wii for.

Far Cry: Vengeance: I needed a shooter with multiplayer that didn't have "Red Steel" anywhere in the name, so I snagged this.

Crytec did an excelent job of covering up the fact that they have no idea how the wiimote works yet. Meaning: this game is loaded with all kinds of options available (aim-helper, camera helper, etc.) that when turned off to minimize noobishness leaves you in a clunky shooter that pales in comparison to Wolfenstein 3D. Turing these option on (which they are automatically *cough cough* bandaid) makes this game quite fun, despite how talentless you feel scoring a headshot when the crosshair is above the ememy's left shoulder. I haven't done multiplayer yet, as nary a controller can be found in any charlotte store. This shooter will tie me over for now, but developers in general better learn how effectively use the remote in a FPS.

My tip is they have a little chat with Atlas's hardware guy.

Last edited by DuFresne : Jan 30th, 2007 at 01:58 AM. Reason: testing the editinf function hooray vbulletin!!!!!!!!111
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 01:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFresne View Post
A note about golf: my roomate Bart, who actually has some golf experience, totally owns at wii golf. Coincidence, or great programming? I truly wonder.
man, no. if you swung the wii remote with the same force that you'd swing a golf club you'd hook every single shot out of bounds. and you'd be 20 strokes over at putt putt if you tapped that lightly with a putter.
was never good
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 02:23 PM       
http://www.erickandemily.com

Just uploaded our LTTP review, mostly so I could show off the bug videos I made
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 03:47 PM       
so i finished zelda : twilight princess and midna's not that hot...

i didnt like the last boss fight that much since he wasnt really fighting me...he was a cheapass...

i like that big armored dude that u fight and every time u hit him his armor falls off..hes a real swordsman.

i also dont like how you cant play as if you killed the boss...you have to play the game...like you still didnt finish him.

overall i liked the game...took 50 hours cuz i took my time. : )
was never good
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:56 AM       
Today on Erick and Emily, we review "Happy Feet"!
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:20 AM       
Despite the fact that I can pretty much download everything available I still find myself oddly drawn to the Virtual Console. Maybe I'm feeling guilty about not paying for all the downloads I've had over the years...

Nevertheless, it's thoroughly enjoyable, as someone who'd lost/broken/misplaced/had stolen by shifty friends with my old systems, it's very lovely to play some of the classics on a big TV again.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 11:40 AM       
I had the fortune of trying the Wii for the first time last night, namely Wii Sports. I bowled a 47 and out of 10 home runs I hit 3.

And this was after about a half hour of practice

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
was never good
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:21 PM       
i didn't realize it was possible to suck at wii bowling
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 01:58 PM       
Well compared to REAL bowling it's not too far off but my tendency to throw to the left was heavily exaggerated on the Wii. ;_;

I still haven't played something like Zelda on the Wii yet and I still can't really imagine how it would work with a WiiMote. BUT THAT'S JUST ME. :/

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Banned
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:21 PM       
well esuohlim....the nunchuk is your shield..the wiimote is your sword..and therse assorted buttons like the d pad is used to call midna and use different items

the '-' button is used for inventory and the plus button is to pause. the 1 button is for map...number 2 button, i dont know. the b trigger is to use an item u have selected

to swing your sword you swing the wiimote. its actually a pretty good combination
Banned
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:25 PM       
als chojin you havent anwered my question do you buy these games or just rent them?

cuz it seems like theres a lot of games u are buying there.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:41 PM       
Freelance game journalists usually buy a game and play a considerable way through it before they write a review, so yeah, I think he buys them.
Banned
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 03:54 PM       
well he has like 15 reviews?? thats hmmm....15 times 50...assuming he payed full price is 750 bucks. And more than half of those games are horrible...im assuming some of them...he pays for cause theyre guaranteed good...and things like happy feet...he rents
was never good
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 04:54 PM       
that's pretty much it although now i might have a CONNECTION
woop woop
SKATERMONKEY is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 05:17 PM       
i biowled a 768 and didnt cheat on the last strike

*pics removed as they weren't displaying and were causing the screen to scroll sideways.*
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 05:19 PM       
how the fuck did you bowl a 728