Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:39 AM        CELEBRATION!
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/668/668345p1.html

FUCKING FINALLY!

Jack Thompson's Alabama License Revoked
Controversial attorney thrown off of GTA lawsuit.
by Wade Steel

November 21, 2005 - Controversial Miami-based attorney Jack Thompson has been removed from a lawsuit filed by the families of two slain police officers and a police dispatcher against Sony, Rockstar Games, and game retailers. Furthermore, the judge in the case revoked Thompson's license to practice law in the state of Alabama citing Thompson's behavior as the cause of the sanction.

In our previous coverage of the trial, we reported that Thompson had voluntarily withdrawn from the case because he felt that the "other side [meaning the trial defendents] wants to make me the issue." However, Judge Moore, the case's presiding jurist, issued a stinging 18 page report in which the judge rejected Thompson's claim of voluntary removal and stated that Thompson was effectively thrown off of the case for actions "before this Court [that] suggest that he is unable to conduct himself in a manner befitting practice in this state." Furthermore, Moore has referred Thompson's conduct to Disciplinary Commission of the Alabama Bar for "appropriate action." Such actions could potentially include complete permanent disbarrment from the practice of law in the state of Alabama.

The removal of Thompson from the case does not necessarily represent the end of the trial as his long-time associate Ray Reiser will assume the role of lead counsel for the case's plaintiffs.

Not one to take such things lying down, Thompson fired back at Judge Moore by claiming the the judge has "has violated... The Alabama Canons of Judicial Ethics by his unfortunate, improper, and prejudicial acts in this case, at the expense of three bereaved Alabama families."

We will continue to keep you informed on the status of this case as developments warrant.

Edit: Thats one state free from thompson.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 01:38 AM       

lol willie
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:10 AM       
I guess you had to find some thread to dump your random and crazy pic archive...

Congratulations topic #20120, you have won GW's random and crazy pic collection!

-I am NOT A NUMBER (NaN)
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:25 AM       
IT'S NOT RANDOM, IT'S FROM THE BEST WEBSITE EVER BY THE COOLEST PERSON ON THE BOARDS SO PISS OFF!
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:35 AM       
he probobly thinks hes a martyr or something, and will start comparing himself to jesus or something

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 05:31 PM       
GW, Willie isn't here anymore, stop licking his asshole.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 05:55 PM       
I've been looking for that Stella pic for ages.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 08:28 PM       
It's things like this that keep me from completely losing faith in our species :<
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 08:28 PM       
Wait... is Judge Roy "Give Me My Ten Commandments" Moore the judge on this case? If so, Rockstar is fucked.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 08:29 PM       
They'd appeal if they lost... Though it'll get appealed either way :<