Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 03:59 AM       
As long as these giant tomatoes don't eat the Third World instead.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 01:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Signal
SEND THE NUCLEAR WASTE INTO THE SUN.
That might work if it weren't for the fact that you have to PAY FOR THE SHUTTLES!!!
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:09 AM       
Quote:
Solar power is crap
for all those who state some such or agree.. gee..yer right cause we're just, um, not positive.. um. .that.... the sun will rise tomorrow.. maybe investment in such an unreliable source of energy is a mistake

i'd like to attempt to explain hydrogen generation for those who don't understand.. (not pointing at anyone)

hydrogen is readily available from water because... water is H2O, to separate the hydrogen from water you need Energy.. one way is using the energy in gasoline.. or any other combustable to get the H2O separated.. gas or other combustables are used in a generator to produce a current that is used same as solar panels.. solar is great, wind, hydro any source.. solar panels have a positive and negative lead coming from them..separate the two wires by a couple milimeters and insert into water.. presto when the sun shines little bubbles come off the leads ..the bubbles are ..! hydrogen.. put the leads in an oxy tank or other presserizable container and Viola! you have a tank of hydrogen after a little while that simple.. people have been doing it for many years in backyards for their hydrogen cars.. currently the record for converting a car(truck in this case) is the American Hydrogen Association.. (AHA) twas about 40 minutes and ready to run on a tank of homegrown hydro its really not that complex untill you get into liquid hydrogen.

and for those of you that think solar panels go bad from UV rays.. i've seen panels shot by shotgun blasts still putting out solid wattage.. typically a panel lasts 20 to 40 years at useable wattage(with a little windex and wiping).. can you say that for a windmill or gas generator?.. of course wind is pretty darn reliable too.