Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:43 PM        Best flea market finds.
I collected engrish before it was cool.

I have a set of stainless steel enameled bowls that say "STRAWBERRY the sweet fruit in the world". I also have a hat that says "GO TO EUBORE BY TREE".

When I was at the flea market last week, I ran across a boxful of nightgowns that were peach colored with flowers and scrolly print that said MAKE TO SUFFER! BEAUTIFUL WOMAN 2008. They didn't have my size

The sig other got some sort of Dead Kennedys Dropkick Murphys picture disc or something.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:46 AM       
Every time I go to the Rosebowl Flea Market, I always marvel at the booth selling segregation-era signs and nazi/KKK memorabilia. They have an awful lot of both.

I'd have gotten Rog a "whites only" sign if they weren't so expensive.

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:56 AM       
They still make that stuff. There is a huge market for it, and it's the same for 'soviet memorabilia'.

Not saying that there isn't genuine stuff out there though.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM       
Dr. Boogie, that greatly disturbs me. Last time I went to the flea market here, a guy was trying to sell a supposed UFO or something. It looked like he threw a sheet over a parade float though. A bunch of people actually looked interested which was the funny thing. Anytime I need something Korean, I head over to our local Magic Mall though.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
They still make that stuff. There is a huge market for it, and it's the same for 'soviet memorabilia'.

Not saying that there isn't genuine stuff out there though.
I was hoping for something that looked old so people wouldn't think I had one specially made with that particular slogan.

The first time we went, there was a guy with a booth selling similar stuff, but he was kicked out for being "too racist".

Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:08 AM       
That's not very American.

Uh, I mean that from a Free Market perspective.

I find it hard to get offended by things that are for sale. It's the novelty factor. Sure, lots of skin-heads buy SS flags to hang in their rooms, but it's not Hones-Joe-Salesperson's fault.

Usually you see the swastika belt buckles right next to the gay pride ones.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 05:52 PM       

i got a laserdisc player at goodwill yesterday for $15

movies were $1

fuck yeah seaking
Funky Dynamite
Old May 21st, 2010, 07:50 PM       
Have you watched any yet?

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 07:52 PM       
yeah, half of top gun and the first batman movie
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:47 PM       
my 9th grade Earth Science teacher had a laserdisc and back then that was the shiznit.

Of course, back then scanners were also new and a bunch of kids figured out that they could print out pages of dollar bills and get lots of free Pepsi before they changed the machines.
was never good
Old May 22nd, 2010, 06:13 AM       
i don't know what it is about these things, but i love watching movies on them

and i usually hate watching movies
teacup of sunshine
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:05 AM       
I never get a chance to sort through the toys at flea markets because I'm always with people who hate flea markets and want to rush through them, but I'd like to find a charmkins Freckle Face some day. I had one as a kid and I don't know what happened to it, but it was my favorite.

I've got almost all of my old star wars, thundercats and he-man/voltron stuff, so I don't bother fighting the throngs for that. Girly junk is so copious it doesn't get priced up the way boy stuff does.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM       
I went to the local market today but it was all quality crafts and home grown produce bullshit. No nazi stuff at all.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:23 PM       
I got a 30/40 year-old French gas mask and carrying satchel at a military surplus store last week, and we're going to another one today. Might get a knife or something.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:48 AM       
I picked up a cool grateful dead/bob dylan collab. 78" for 50 cents about a year ago, but for the most part nobody is selling much that I want :/
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 01:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post

i got a laserdisc player at goodwill yesterday for $15

movies were $1

fuck yeah seaking
you fucking lucky bastard
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 01:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I never get a chance to sort through the toys at flea markets because I'm always with people who hate flea markets and want to rush through them, but I'd like to find a charmkins Freckle Face some day. I had one as a kid and I don't know what happened to it, but it was my favorite.

I've got almost all of my old star wars, thundercats and he-man/voltron stuff, so I don't bother fighting the throngs for that. Girly junk is so copious it doesn't get priced up the way boy stuff does.
Which flea markets do you go too? Do know of any good ones semi-close to
Columbus.

EDIT: IM A FAG FOR DOUBLE POSTING
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 07:04 AM       
Only ones I can think of would be about an hour and a half southeast of you, but they're ginormous and worth the trip.

http://www.tradersworldmarket.com/ is the classic one, and it's right across the freeway (75) from this one:

http://www.turtlecreeks.com/

Which is inexplicably pirate-themed and far superior.

Both are just south of the giant foam Jesus near Monroe, OH.

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 08:11 AM       
You gotta use flea markets to stock up on over-the-counter medications and razor blades.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM       
You know, I saw a ton of douche at the last flea market I went to. Like, all of those otc and snack food booths also had a shelving unit full of douche. I don't know if a douche truck wrecked and these were the spoils, or if flea market patrons are just the douchingest people there are, or what.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM       
It's almost guaranteed to be shoplifted merchandise for stuff like that. It was probably half-price compared to what you could buy it at some place like Walmart.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 03:24 PM       
I forget where in Pennsylvania it was, the name or even if it's still in existence (considering the last time I've been any farther north than Kansas was 2001), but there was a HUGE flea market I'd say within a 30 minute drive radius to Philadelphia, and while I can't exactly remember what I bought there, I remember leaving $300 poorer, which is about $275 more than I usually spend at flea markets.

Ya know, now I REALLY wanna know where that place was. It was awesome, epic, and if I ever find myself leaving this corner of the USA again, I'd like to go back.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 05:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp View Post
You gotta use flea markets to stock up on over-the-counter medications and razor blades.
Yeah, there's a "SUPER FLEA MARKET" like two blocks away that's only open on weekends, and I know some people that only get their razors there. You're pretty much willing to overlook the fact that it's almost certainly shoplifted when you save so much money.

That was very funny. Well done.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM       
You say that now, but when a gypsy curse begins shrinking your head...
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 06:51 PM       
I FOUND A MEXICAN AT A FLEA MARKET