Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 11:50 PM       
The Uncharted 2 Trailer just looks amazing, i can't wait to play it, they say all of it was done in-engine.

But god of war 3...was just so cheesy and meh. Is that really how the guy sounds like? I swear, when i played god of war a year ago, kratos sounded ..a lot cooler

But you guys do get the Lost and the Damned chapter for GTA IV, should be nice, let's see how it turns out
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 12:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Same here, unfortunately. I've done two chapters since it came out and it's just not clicking with me I really want it to

So I just started up a new Earthbound game this afternoon. Maybe it'll get me in the mood
You're both fucking awful. It's a great game and I THOUGHT we'd all been waiting for it for quite a long time, but now I realize that I AM THE ONE TRUE FAN

That was very funny. Well done.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 01:23 AM       
It IS a great game. I just never want to play it when I'm not playing it.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 02:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
You're both fucking awful. It's a great game and I THOUGHT we'd all been waiting for it for quite a long time, but now I realize that I AM THE ONE TRUE FAN
Maybe IŽd be another one if the game fucking existed in this part of the world...wait IS the game released in the US?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 05:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Maybe IŽd be another one if the game fucking existed in this part of the world...wait IS the game released in the US?
We're all playing the patched ROM. It's still only officially released in Japan.

Again, fuck you, Nintendo.

That was very funny. Well done.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 05:55 AM       
Oh nice, so I could play it...let´s see where I have those GBA-Emulators...

Edit: ...and done. I love the modern world sometimes...now to throw that stuff on my DS and we have something nice.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 06:50 AM       
they released a japanese to english hack a while ago
drifting in the void
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 07:24 AM       
And that´s a moment when I love the internet. Same with Seiken Densetsu 3 some years ago, those translation-teams deserve a big heartfelt "thank you".
Pygmy Extraordinaire
Location: In a home that scares my neighbors by having body parts on my balcony all year long
LittleDollClaudia is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 07:52 PM       
I did have the opportunity last week while at Game Stop to play the same game title on both 360 and PS3. And 360 is winning out, especially since it's way cheaper. The controller isn't as different as what was the original concern. The graphics and playability did have a slight edge going to the 360.

Plus, the exclusive games for PS3 that we saw had not that great of graphics or really something that I would stand in line for.

Unless I am mistaken, there seems to be about 70% 360ers, and 30% PS3ers on the thread. I do see both sides, but I think that I am closer to my choice now.

Again, thanks everyone for their input.

~zydrate comes in a little glass vial..~Graverobber, Repo! The Genetic Opera
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 08:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDollClaudia View Post
I did have the opportunity last week while at Game Stop to play the same game title on both 360 and PS3. And 360 is winning out, especially since it's way cheaper. The controller isn't as different as what was the original concern. The graphics and playability did have a slight edge going to the 360.

Plus, the exclusive games for PS3 that we saw had not that great of graphics or really something that I would stand in line for.

Unless I am mistaken, there seems to be about 70% 360ers, and 30% PS3ers on the thread. I do see both sides, but I think that I am closer to my choice now.

Again, thanks everyone for their input.
I think you should try the games that really show the system off, I mean i went into my gamestop today and they had The Force unleashed on the ps3, hardly a system pusher...

But games like little big planet...mgs4 , uncharted should let you see the fun in them.
Maybe i will get a 360 this christmas, i have no idea. But i still dont know how im going to connect it to the internet without a wireless adapter, my router is 2 rooms away and i dont want to pay 100 bucks for a fucking wi-fi dongle.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 09:57 PM       
Earthbound Zero is better than Mother 3, anyway. :/

I wanted to like this game so hard. It takes forever to get going is the biggest problem, I think. After the game actually started at Chapter 5 I was sort of done with it.

Then again I didn't like Eternal Darkness until about 2 months after I got it, so mabye it'll be the same way with Mother 3.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 11:45 PM       
Dungeons and Dungeons. It's actually a really good platformer.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 12:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
But i still dont know how im going to connect it to the internet without a wireless adapter, my router is 2 rooms away and i dont want to pay 100 bucks for a fucking wi-fi dongle.
25 to 50 ft. ethernet cords'll do the job, and they're cheap at walmart or radioshack.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 12:29 AM       
That's how I do it!
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 12:42 AM       
Another Trick: if you have a laptop, run an ethernet cord from the 360 to the laptop, then bridge wireless and wired connections on the laptop. The laptop becomes a ghetto wireless adaptor
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 01:57 AM       
you can get two cheapo wireless routers and bridge them for cheaper than the stupid xbox wireless adapter, for fucks sake
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM       
You can use the wireless adapter for the original Xbox too.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM       
Dissidia just came out in Japan. Finally, a reason to use the PSP besides listening to music!

Actually, the game is fantastic. Replicates the retarded, over the top fights of Advent Children, and the different features adds a lot of customization. The battlefields are so fucking awesome, too.

Probably my favorite PSP game.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 11:08 PM       
I bought The Darkness, The Club, and Dark Sector today.

Woohoo. The Darkness is more fun than I imagined.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 02:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Dissidia just came out in Japan. Finally, a reason to use the PSP besides listening to music!

Actually, the game is fantastic. Replicates the retarded, over the top fights of Advent Children, and the different features adds a lot of customization. The battlefields are so fucking awesome, too.

Probably my favorite PSP game.
What would interest me is...what the heck are you doing in that game? Is it just a brawler or is there something to do besides the fighting? Never really figured that out when watching the Videos.

@Fathom: Good choices. At least Darkness and Sector, those are nice games, especially the darkness.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 02:54 AM       
TMNT Arcade.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 07:33 AM       
I've been playing Civ4. Fantastic game of course, but I spend too long playing it, especially since I have a tendency give up and start from the begining again if someone captures a favourite city of mine.

Also playing Red Alert 3 online, but haven't been able to drag myself out of the shit players lobby.
has a woody
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 09:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
What would interest me is...what the heck are you doing in that game? Is it just a brawler or is there something to do besides the fighting? Never really figured that out when watching the Videos.
It's Advent Children: The Videogame, starring the heroes of FFs 1-11 (12 isn't as stupid and over the top to be included I guess )

Basically, each character has Brave Points and Hit Points. BP determines how much damage you do with the square button, and circle button uses attacks that drain BP instead of HP. So you want to reduce their BP to zero and get bonus BP, which gives you a whole lot of attack power with the square button attacks. Then you attack the HP and try to kill them while they try to regain BP by running away or stealing yours.

All that happens while people get knocked through destructable environments (castle cielings, stone pillars, entire mountains) and run around walls and grind on shit. It's really cool and fun to watch (even comes with replays that can be put on your computer) and the gameplay is pretty easy to grasp once you understand how everything works.

There's an RPG element too, where your character's stats are saved in story mode and are leveled up. You earn new moves and items to bring to battle, and when you're up to it, you bring all of that stuff to multiplayer (which can scale the levels if you don't want to fight your friend's Lv 20 Cloud with a Lv5 Cecil).

Really impressive game. No clue why this isn't on a console.

drifting in the void
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 02:50 AM       
Sounds a little...uncomplex somehow but still quite interesting.

Thank you for the info Phoenix.
has a woody
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM       
It's pretty simple once you play a few rounds. Not any harder to grasp than Smash Bros, I'd say.

I've got a good grasp on customizing despite my lack of Japanese knowledge. The only sucky part is that I can't play online unless I buy a PS3 and get a Japanese PS3 ID or something. $400 is a lot to play a PSP game online

Hopefully when it comes out here in the summer, it'll have a better online system.