Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM        Music You've Made
So I kinda figured there were a couple of people here who write/play music. I like to write because I've been playing since I was little, but that isn't here or there.

Here is a song I've written about an ex that I had. It's pretty basic so don't expect solid gold or anything like that.

My roots are in punk rock, southern rock, and reggae. This is a dub style tune.

Dub is basically a type of dance/jamming music I suppose.

Eitherway tell me it sucks, or it needs this, or it's good.

Here it is.

This thread is to encourage anyone who writes music to post it. Criticism is always cool, but being a dick isn't. lol
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 12:11 AM       
I'm building a cigar box guitar. All I need to do is find the right neck.

I feel your song in my toes, MJ.
125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 12:24 AM       
MattJack, I think that sounded pretty good. Did you play all the instruments yourself and record/mix it yourself or what?

Fathom, when you finish that pixplz.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 04:46 PM       
Well I'm sure you've already heard my comedic music with A.L.E. and other stuff like the "I Will Beat Pacman" and "Dead Backstreet Boys" tunes, but I also did some more experimental stuff a few years back. Nothing amazing, just messing around really, but here it is if you want to take a listen:

http://www.i-mockery.com/elbastardo
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM       
its threads like these that make me wish iron mitchell still posted here
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 03:25 PM       
iron mitchell sucked he did nto even know zeni geva were a metal band
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 04:50 PM       
I rap with my friend craig but its hard to get together to do it, and it's just joking around

noob and sam are supposed to guest star for us some time :O
www.myspace.com/doompatroleum
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 04:59 PM       
i didnt even pay attention to his musical tastes tbh, i just remember him having some mad bands on the go. it was this thread i remember - http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?p=245634.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 07:58 PM       
Fathom, good luck on that dood, I wanna see some pictures. And thanks. Drink a beer or 8, then do some illegal substance(s) to get the full effect of the tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfr5 View Post
MattJack, I think that sounded pretty good. Did you play all the instruments yourself and record/mix it yourself or what?

Fathom, when you finish that pixplz.

Wow thanks man, I appreciate it. The only thing I didn't write/play was the bassline. My best friend writes all the bass parts.

I played/recorded/arranged all other parts in the song. Instead of doing actual drums, I just made a loop or two and used that for the main beat. I played with a synth to get the electro sounds mixed in too.

maybe I'll put another up one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Well I'm sure you've already heard my comedic music with A.L.E. and other stuff like the "I Will Beat Pacman" and "Dead Backstreet Boys" tunes, but I also did some more experimental stuff a few years back. Nothing amazing, just messing around really, but here it is if you want to take a listen:

http://www.i-mockery.com/elbastardo
I kinda like it dood. I'm completely new to electronic music, so I listen to everything with an open mind. Is there something you are going for? or is it just you completely experimenting?

You use a lot of ambience in these tunes, which isn't a bad thing. To me, and I mean no disrespect, it sounds like some of these tunes could be in video games. Maybe not all of them, but Weakday, Rupture, and Walking On Fish immediately conjure video game-esque mental pictures. Eitherway, I think it's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff
I rap with my friend craig but its hard to get together to do it, and it's just joking around

noob and sam are supposed to guest star for us some time :O
www.myspace.com/doompatroleum
Oh lord. I'm always down for mock rap. If you send me the tracks I'll screw it out for yall. I'm talkin dirty south. I'm not down with stank yum yum though haha
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 11:47 PM       
I made a bunch of recordings of sounds from different objects. Some of it sounds pretty fucked up ( idid one with multiple radio frequencies playing at one, and static).
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM       
I'm pretty sure this counts as music:

Our Love Is a Gingerbread House
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 03:59 AM       
wasn't iron mitchell the noise guy? he was the man

me and... fuck, i can't remember his name. me and some other guy on here (used to have the website digitalhorse?) we made some noise tracks before, if i can find them i'll post them.

otherwise i'm in two bands
http://www.myspace.com/georgeorwellthemusical
http://www.myspace.com/slightlyoutrageousneanderthals

the first is a more experimental / metal band and the second is a fun metal band

woo!
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 08:32 AM       
bigtimecow: Great stuff, i really like george orwell the musical. I always admire people who can scream like that without making their throats bleed. Slightly Outrageous Neanderthals is pretty damn good too. Try and find those noise tracks too, i'm eager at all times to hear noise.

In other news, i uploaded some stuff i made last year for yall's listenin' pleasure (if you fancy this kind of stuff):
Armies
My corroded wench
Scalpelswamp
Rust-drill

The first two i'd call industrial, the third harsh noise (and it really is harsh). The last one i can't categorize.

EDIT: I guess i should also share my tools of the trade. I've been using jeskola buzz (wikipedia entry) for roughly a year and a half now. Before that i used various trackers, like modplug tracker and similar for some time. So basically my setup is a rather crappy windows pc with a rather crappy headset plugged into it.

EDIT 2: I had to remove the last one to free up some CYBER-space.

Last edited by terrva : Jan 23rd, 2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added some info
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 09:04 AM       
I wrote and performed every bit of the hit "holiday road" from the national lampoon's vacation movies. I also mentored Danny Elfman (we went to grade school together in what seems like aaaages ago!).

That was very funny. Well done.
Vanhelm13 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 12:17 AM       
I'm not sure if you can call it music but..
Me and my friend started a band for the sole purpose of destroying music.
We're releasing a full length CD this summer. The insert it going to be an apology to music.
http://www.myspace.com/youfuckingsuckihateyou

As you can tell. We totally take ourselves and our "art" very seriously.
125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 01:07 PM       
My band's stuff can be downloaded here. We put absolutely no effort into recording those. I play guitar.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 08:29 AM       
I use a music programm (yeah, I know, I suck) and some things haven't even been all that bad, considering that I have next to no musical education. Haven't uploaded them anywhere, seeing how I'd probably be pretty embarassed, but maybe I will in the future.
He speaks truth!
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 12:28 AM       
I played a guitar with a crappy sound but then i started to use a program called frooty loop or FL studio to experiment some techno rythms and i found that have some funny drums pre recordered that you can modify. So I create some tunes now have to add some guitar but i am still very lazy about it. I hope to make some dubs miself since a like reggae very much. je je je cheers! have a freaking good saturday
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 01:12 AM       
http://www.myspace.com/october31
I helped do gang vocals for all the songs on their MySpace except for the Sabbath cover.
My favorite is "Commit To Sin".
Feel the guilt
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 05:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPila666 View Post
I played a guitar with a crappy sound but then i started to use a program called frooty loop or FL studio to experiment some techno rythms and i found that have some funny drums pre recordered that you can modify. So I create some tunes now have to add some guitar but i am still very lazy about it. I hope to make some dubs miself since a like reggae very much. je je je cheers! have a freaking good saturday
Yeah, I've played around with that too, but you can forget it for anything but Techno or House, or anything like that. All the actual "instruments" sound so messed up. The Piano hurts me, the brass does too, and I don't know what's up with the guitars. It's easy if want to smack some beats together, but that's about it.
He speaks truth!

Last edited by Fat_Hippo : Feb 12th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 10:19 PM       
Can anyone lone me some beats so I don't have to steal them?
Feel the guilt
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM       
Well, what kind of beat are you looking for? It's easy to make somthing with FL Studio 6, so it shouldn't be a problem.
He speaks truth!
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Can anyone lone me some beats so I don't have to steal them?
I made you a beat but I dropped it.

[/lolcat]
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 06:42 PM       
Nevermind, I have the perfect one in mind.
Role Assigner
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 08:18 PM       
lol @ pub